ADVERTISEMENT

SFL best league in NorCal

Leopold10

Sports Fanatic
Oct 2, 2013
For a while i was on the fence, having lived in the Bay Area for 25 years of my life and now the Sacramento Area for over 15 years, I have been asking myself who has the better football. Obviously DLS is hands down the best team in NorCal. But If you look at leagues and the depth of leagues I finally have to admit that since the SFL got Folsom and OR it is hands down "THE BEST" league in Northern California. The SJS division II bracket will have an SFL Winner who placed 3rd or worse in league.... While Oak Ridge and Folsom are in their semis for D1. Year in and year out the SFL just has the most talent from top to bottom of any league in northern California. Now I have lived in Redwood City and followed the WCAL for years and although they are a great league they are just not on par with the SFL now a days. Sure they may have a really good team or two every other year, but top to bottom the SFL is just something else, especially this year with 5 teams still remaining in the playoffs...

I'm a metro guy and I will give credit where credit is due. The SFL is the best league in Northern California.

So why does CAl-Hi state the WCAL is is the 3-4 best league in CA. with 2-3 in SoCAL.

Antidotal observations are great and I am glad when people moved out to the Valley, they have assumed the Valley fever, but stats don't lie and Ranking systems take out the location of the messenger...

We Are One....We R Crusaders...We be the WCAL

Reactions: Texashsfb34
So why does CAl-Hi state the WCAL is is the 3-4 best league in CA. with 2-3 in SoCAL.

Antidotal observations are great and I am glad when people moved out to the Valley, they have assumed the Valley fever, but stats don't lie and Ranking systems take out the location of the messenger...

We Are One....We R Crusaders...We be the WCAL
You may need to switch from hard alcohol to beer.

Reactions: bella123 and awood1
Once the SFL added Folsom and OR, they became the top league in NorCal. I do look forward to the regional games hopefully adding some WCAL vs SFL games in this and upcoming years.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodneyPete45
...and the 6th place team from the WCAL DID BEAT Bellarmine. So by your logic WCAL > SFL. SFL has the best team in Folsom but the WCAL is a deeper league. Using your "down to the wire with bellarmine" quality of strength test bellarmine had 1 score games with VC, Riordon, SF, Mitty (loss) and Serra. How many highschool leagues can claim their 6th place team beat their champion? I'm willing to bet you can count them on one hand.

I have nothing but respect for both the WCAL and the SFL with no aligence to either. It's a subjective argument to say one is better than the other because they are both great and year to year one may be better than the other. The safe assumption is that the SFL is the best public league and the WCAL the best private in NorCal. With that said the the SFL probably is the best public league in the state and WCAL is behind the Trinity league in SoCal as a private. Just my 2 cents.

The WCAL was deep this year. It was very good.

The SFL is deep every year. Every game is a playoff game, with a playoff atmosphere. You can't say that about any other league besides the SFL. And this coming from a metro league guy.

Boy, talk about brining out the territorial blood. Can someone just answer why CAL-Hi has the WCAL SF the best league in NorCal?

It really isn't that hard of a question? It is not like I am putting STAn or CAL vs.UC Davis (lol)

Now we need to report miracles to CAL-Hi

C'mon man.....how about the SFL hasn't gotten recognition yet?

As of date the tank behind WCAL in standings...

It is the same for BB

Now we need to report miracles to CAL-Hi

C'mon man.....how about the SFL hasn't gotten recognition yet?

As of date the tank behind WCAL in standings...

It is the same for BB
It is widely known, as states by nearly all the members in here that the SFL is the best League in Northern California.

If your best team can barely hang with the 4th place team in the SFL, just imagine what the first place team (Folsom) would have done to you.

I'm an old school Grant guy, and frankly, Nearly all of your teams would have major problems with Grant, let alone the powerful SFL studs.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
Haha, everyone in the Valley knows that SFL is the top league,

Wouldn't you want anyone outside the Valley to know?

J recommend a letter campaign to CAL-Hi or the ranking system.

Otherwise your post are truly wasted lymrics...but Ero or Pooh would like more honey(lol)

HaHa, a lot if focus on drinking....did you all miss an AA meeting because of posting.

Hey players, don't hate the game. I am feeling a lot of hate cause CAL-Hi dismissed the SFL. I am just asking why? Can't we get organized and come up with a actual answer?

I can trade jokes back and forth....I can Dap on you guys all day. That is too easy(lol)

Let's try and dialog, we do that down here in the BA, we only bring our truck and guns out for appropriate seasons....(LOL)

I have seen both leagues play this year. and I just do not see ANY team in the WCAL beating Folsom/OR/Rocklin... and Del Oro lost to the bells by 3... I know the WCAL die hards just cant accept this... I am hoping for a few WCAL vs SFL regional games... i know the winner of both D-1 and D-2 will be an SFL team in the SJS. Not sure how the overwhelming 8 team CCS brackets will turn out.

HaHa, a lot if focus on drinking....did you all miss an AA meeting because of posting.

Hey players, don't hate the game. I am feeling a lot of hate cause CAL-Hi dismissed the SFL. I am just asking why? Can't we get organized and come up with a actual answer?

I can trade jokes back and forth....I can Dap on you guys all day. That is too easy(lol)

Let's try and dialog, we do that down here in the BA, we only bring our truck and guns out for appropriate seasons....(LOL)
So are you going to answer our questions?

What WCAL teams would beat Folsom? We don't need the other drunken jargon.

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
If Folsom would be a little girl with De la, the WCAL would consider them.

Do my answer is...Folsom has to stop being a De la GF(LOL)

and what blows my mind is how the CCS has their top 3 teams all in different brackets... Bellarmine D-1; St Francis D-2; Riordan D-3.... that would be like the SJS putting Rocklin in the SJS D-3 bracket... comical.
Everyone gets a trophy mentality.

Reactions: awood1
If Folsom would be a little girl with De la, the WCAL would consider them.

Do my answer is...Folsom has to stop being a De la GF(LOL)
Which WCAL teams would beat them? You stated the WCAL is the best league in Norcal. Enlighten us.

I stated that CAL-Hi listed the WCAL as number three in CA only behind SoCal two top leagues. My actual question was why and all I have gotten back is bagging and blowing chest up with nothing behind it...kind of like ED

WOW...for those conditions, there is medications that Dole and Dickca promote.

I am now wondering why the posters in the Valley out protesting so loudly....

Makes you stop and ponder why they feel like the ugly step sister.,,.

I stated that CAL-Hi listed the WCAL as number three in CA only behind SoCal two top leagues. My actual question was why and all I have gotten back is bagging and blowing chest up with nothing behind it...kind of like ED

WOW...for those conditions, there is medications that Dole and Dickca promote.
SFL is the best league in Norcal. Case closed.

Let's hope for some SFL - WCAL matchups in the regional games. That way the fans from their respective leagues have bragging rights for the year.
SFL, IMO, will continue to be very good as quite frankly, many SF Bay Area families have settled in the Sac area because of jobs/housing availability/affordability. I personally know of at least a dozen friends who are SF WCAL High Grads who now reside in the area and their kids play football for various SFL teams. Just stating fact.

With some of the logic being used in the this thread, the Diablo Valley League is better than the SFL based on CVC one point loss vs Folsom.

Reactions: HashtagBB
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT