ADVERTISEMENT

SHC Head coaching job available

Since they heeded the dissent of a parent(s) in getting rid of Barbour will they be part of the interviewing process lol;)

Oh God it was one of those story's ..... Well nobody in their right mind will want to step into that mess...

Allocco no longer on the USF staff- SCHP next?
Well, Izzo may be available, but he may have a sizeable buy out. Likewise, Jeff Van Gundy is available and once the Dubs season ends Luke should be available too. And heard that the Doctor is once again interested. All quality candidates, but would they get parent approval ;)

Yes, the one and only. Looking to reopen his practice in the City in "Cathedral Hill". More importantly is yearning to coach gold medalists again. He would be the polar opposite of the coach they forced out ;)

Forslund would be ideal. I do not like what Coach B endured but what's done is done. Looking ahead, the Dr would be great for the Irish.

As a once Bay Area football coach tweeted earlier this year...
"Do not be deceived. You will reap what you sow." ;)

Can you imagine the yearly battles between Alloco and Rapp? Those SHC/Serra games will be 19-15! SH needs a coach that will make all their players play defense on every possession, not whenever they feel like it.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Stop it with the Allocco nonsense. Why the hell would he coach at SHC?!

Rich Forslund would be the ideal candidate and what the program needs. You can see the drop off at Riordan after he left. They competed for league titles while he was there and you see what he has done at Half Moon Bay. SH would immediately have the best coach in the city.

Speaking of former WCAL coaches potentially coming back, I think Brian Eagelson from Mitty would be ideal at Valley Christian. If there is anyone who can bring VC back to relevance it is him. VC would have the best coach in the entire WCAL if they could get him.

Rich Forslund would be the ideal candidate and what the program needs. You can see the drop off at Riordan after he left. They competed for league titles while he was there and you see what he has done at Half Moon Bay. SH would immediately have the best coach in the city.
Somewhat agree with some context behind your statement...Having talent on your team makes it a lot easier to win - (I.e. Marquise Kately, John Tofi, Rob Jones, Jorge Camacho...) Forslund's team struggled early in his tenure in WCAL play, but did well when CCS and CIF opened up to 5 divisions for post season play. Buckner fully took advantage of his talent when he took over as he had a much improved Camacho and very good guard play in Daniel Cannon...Coach Buck's teams qualified for the CCS Open since its inception with the exception of last season - but took D3 State Champ Manteca to the wire on the Buffaloes home court with a hobble Stansberry and Jason Smith. Will be interesting how the SHC coaching position unfolds.

Speaking of former WCAL coaches potentially coming back, I think Brian Eagelson from Mitty would be ideal at Valley Christian. If there is anyone who can bring VC back to relevance it is him. VC would have the best coach in the entire WCAL if they could get him.
Although the Dr has dominated the also rans of the PAL, he has not gotten the Cougs over the top in the Post-Season on a consistent basis, whether that be in the PAL Tourney recently, in CCS, and/or NorCals. The results there haven't included those elusive banners. Yes his teams have dominated the PAL, but with the inferior coaching in that League, until recently, I wouldn't have expected anything less. Remember, he's in the 1% LOL ;) Regardless how it transpires it will be interesting to see who they bring in and if it satisfies, IC, IamGeary, Scott and all the other rabid shamrock supporters on this Board. After all, they along with the parent(s) got their wish in removing Barbour.;)

Somewhat agree with some context behind your statement...Having talent on your team makes it a lot easier to win - (I.e. Marquise Kately, John Tofi, Rob Jones, Jorge Camacho...) Forslund's team struggled early in his tenure in WCAL play, but did well when CCS and CIF opened up to 5 divisions for post season play. Buckner fully took advantage of his talent when he took over as he had a much improved Camacho and very good guard play in Daniel Cannon...Coach Buck's teams qualified for the CCS Open since its inception with the exception of last season - but took D3 State Champ Manteca to the wire on the Buffaloes home court with a hobble Stansberry and Jason Smith. Will be interesting how the SHC coaching position unfolds.
J XXIV, don't forget the years that RB took them to back to back NorCal Finals. RB has always done well when he's had the resources. When he has had to mix and match, he has done as much as possible. That said, its been awhile since the likes of a Kately, Tofi, RJones, or Camacho, all D1 wing/interior players roamed the halls of Phelan. Need to lure that kind of talent back to Ingleside with Chung there right now, or it could be the same as we've witnessed the last couple years.

Yes, why not? Alloco coached at DLS which is in the La Sallian family. If he is no longer at USF, then one would think he is currently looking for a job preferably one in a catholic school.

Yes, why not? Alloco coached at DLS which is in the La Sallian family. If he is no longer at USF, then one would think he is currently looking for a job preferably one in a catholic school.
He lives in the East Bay and left the perfect high school job at De La Salle for the challenge and money of coaching at a Division 1 program. Why would drive to SH everyday from the East Bay to essentially coach for nothing at SHC? Just because it happens to be a La Sallian HS? It just makes little sense to me.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Let's stop with this pipe dream and look at excellent realistic candidates like the one on campus (alumnus LyRyan Russell) and others with past WCAL success (Eagleson, Forslund).
Is Russell the front runner in the group, since he is already there and presumably would have the backing of the administration should there be more parental guidance voiced against a coach?;)

Why would anyone competent coming from the "outside" consider the head coach position? Barbour came in with excellent credentials both from a win/loss perspective, but more importantly, coached with integrity and those that know him did not hesitate to stand up for him. The fact that the SHC AD had no comment re the reason for his departure was wins/losses and Coach Barbour texting "it's a struggle..." and no further comment tells me there is more to this and sends up a ton of red flags. Also, what message does this tell for incoming frosh and their parents? Let's hope the next head coach gets the full support of the SHC administration, alumni, parents, students and players and truly let's him do his job without intervention from influencers outside of the program.

SH did the same thing to Barbour with Mike Carey. Hard to follow up with a legend in Harrigan, Carey held his own with CCS titles but that wasnt enough. The parents/players ran him out and they are very fortunate to have LyRyan. This type of turmoil at a school happens alot. Look at what happened with Tim Reardon and SI. It is ALWAYS a risk to take student/athletes with "talent" because you will have those types of parents that feel as though they are owed something for having their son/daughter go to the school. Its a shame a school will bend over backwards for them.

I do hope LyRyan stays put as girls coach. He has a great thing going there.

BTW, people live in the east bay and commute into the city for work all the time. And Alloco if he were the choice wouldnt just be a coach, he would probably be on the faculty as a teacher.

BTW, people live in the east bay and commute into the city for work all the time. And Alloco if he were the choice wouldnt just be a coach, he would probably be on the faculty as a teacher.

Those people have to. It isn't a fun trip. My nephew has to do it everyday. Allocco is going to be 63 years old. He doesn't have to and has never been a school teacher.

Those people have to. It isn't a fun trip. My nephew has to do it everyday. Allocco is going to be 63 years old. He doesn't have to and has never been a school teacher.

My darkhorse is Ali Thomas. He's not going to get the chance at SI with Marcaletti there. He's buddies with LyRyan so I'm sure LyRyan will put in a good word. Or maybe Kareem Gilbeaux. I would guess he was not pleased being passed up given his time he's spent as a frosh and JV coach there.

SH did the same thing to Barbour with Mike Carey. Hard to follow up with a legend in Harrigan, Carey held his own with CCS titles but that wasnt enough. The parents/players ran him out and they are very fortunate to have LyRyan. This type of turmoil at a school happens alot. Look at what happened with Tim Reardon and SI. It is ALWAYS a risk to take student/athletes with "talent" because you will have those types of parents that feel as though they are owed something for having their son/daughter go to the school. Its a shame a school will bend over backwards for them.

I do hope LyRyan stays put as girls coach. He has a great thing going there.

All true. Also, Frank Allocco had to commute to USF didn't he?

Im sorry but USF will has not been relevant for over 50 years. Unless they somehow tap into the Aussie pipeline and get those guys that are going to St. Mary's they will never be a relevant program again. You cant sell Bill Russell, Bill Cartwright and Quinton Dailey to these millennials.

Im sorry but USF will has not been relevant for over 50 years. Unless they somehow tap into the Aussie pipeline and get those guys that are going to St. Mary's they will never be a relevant program again. You cant sell Bill Russell, Bill Cartwright and Quinton Dailey to these millennials.
Don't worry, I know that all too well. I was a fan since Kevin Restani days. But it hasn't been 50 years. More like 35 when they were ranked #1.

Not sure (San) Quintin Dailey should be sold to any kid.

Ok enough bleacher talk ..... Who ACTUALLY has the resume and application in ?

Is Eagelson the person who was at Mitty before Kennedy? Is he looking to get back into coaching. Remember watching his teams online if I am thinking of the correct person, and if so I was quite impressed.

Yes he was the coach prior. But Kennedy took that program to another level.

One DNA, that is true...but Aaron Gordon will take any program to another level. While he was at Mitty, SHC lost two WCAL championships by less than 3 points...simply because Mitty had him.

One DNA, that is true...but Aaron Gordon will take any program to another level. While he was at Mitty, SHC lost two WCAL championships by less than 3 points...simply because Mitty had him.

SH has at least a 16 game losing streak vs Mitty. Some close battles but cannot get over the hump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT