ADVERTISEMENT

Sheldon Showcase

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Better late than never, I arrived at halftime of the 2nd game.

Scores so far:

Pleasant Grove 55, Christian Bros 45

Elliot Chr. 64, Benicia 46

In 15 minutes, West Campus takes on Weston Ranch. Both teams are ranked in the low 200’s in CA by MaxPreps, a solid Div. 4 contest.

Reactions: Irishman32
W. Ranch’s season stats are dominated by Nate Karren, listed st 6-9 and leading the team in just about all categories including 16 Ppg and almost 10 boards per game.

13-13 after 1, not a particularly pretty game... Lots of turnovers and unforced errors.

Campus has threatened to put this one away early numerous times, but Ranch keeps fighting back... 68-58 Campus with 4 min left

Now, my beloved Pilots of St Joe’s take on the Sacramento Dragons. On paper, the Dragons at 14-3 have to be considered the favorite, but the 10-8 Pilots ain’t afeared o’nuthin...

Looking at the teams warming up, it looks like the Pilots are going to have a disadvantage... Again. They’ll deal with it, they’re used to it.

Disastrous last minute of the first q for the Pilots... Sac scored the last 7, mostly off Pilot mistakes. 21-12 Sac after 1

43-37 Sac with 2:13 left in 3rd... Sac coach calls TO after several Pilot offensive boards

Time out Pilots... Hanging in but can’t close... 51-43 Sac with. 5 min left

sac sinks another ft, Pilots finally sink a bomb at the buzzer... 64-60 final, Sac hangs on

St pat’s v Vanden... SPSV has definitely found their stride after a rough start with mostly a new roster... I believe 10 wins in their last eleven, and the loss was without their big, Dishon Jackson.

Haven’t seen Vanden in a few weeks, dunno how it’s going in their world. They start fast here, tho... 6-0 Vanden.

Looked at MaxPreps at the break... SPSV’s lackluster first half might be blamed on their tough 2-point loss to Salesian last night... In any case, they came out swinging in the 2nd half with 8 straight.

Next game pits Jesuit vs Oak Ridge. OR is rated higher in MaxPreps, for what that’s worth...

Jesuit has a twin-towers setup with 6-9 Elias King and 6-9 Daren Similai. Also two freshmen on the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT