ADVERTISEMENT

Sheldon Showcase

4:19 left... Time out EG. Sac is quite athletic, but I can’t say a whole lot for their shot selection... Then again, I’m up here and the players and coaches are down there. :)

Two consecutive runouts result in two consecutive swats... 46 all, 1:44 left.

Wild scramble results in jump ball, EG ball, 1:35 left.

Turned over, Sac scores... but EG comes right back and scores inside... Sac try fails, EG rebound and runout... 50-48 EG. Time out, 37.3 left, Sac ball.

Sac drives and misses, EG rebound, Sac fouls to stop clock, they have some to give before FT’s. Next one is FT’s.

They foul Britton... first one good, second one good.... 52-48, Sac ball, 8.8 left... Sac would need a miracle now... But they call time out and try to draw one up.

Long 3 misses, EG rebound (It’s nice to be 6’8”!) ... Ball game. 52-48 final.

Next on the court is Davis v. Clovis North.

14-6 CN is ranked #55 in CA by MaxPreps, and 12-6 Davis is ranked #95.

However, Davis has a win over Folsom, and Clovis North lost to that foe.

Two very good teams, should be an entertaining one!

Seems to me that both these teams like to play at breakneck speed, so I may miss a few (hundred) plays or so...

Davis strikes first on a putback...

Clovis returns the favor. Twice. 4-2 CN.

Yeah, it’s gonna be hard to keep up with this... They be playin’ like they were recorded on 33 and played back on 78... (Caution; Old guy reference). 6-4 CN now... Many many missed shots.

Reactions: hoopisthegame
SWEEEEEEET pass inside to #12 for a CN score... 18-4. And Davis answers. 18-6. Quarter ends...

Right now, Davis’ philosophy of “The only bad shot is the one you don’t take” is... resulting in a lot of bad shots. 22-6 CN. 6:11 left in the half.

Davis finally starting to make a few... 24-14, tho... They need a lotttttt more.

33-16 now... What Davis is cookin’ ain’t tasting real good at the moment... 2:52 left in the half

Funny moment I couldn’t share due the frenetic pace... Early on (I think it was still 4-2), A CN player took a corner 3, and it bounced off the rim and straight up on top of the backboard where it stayed, leaning against the support... Of course, play stopped, ref called it out-of-bounds to Davis... Now, what to do to get the ball down... Before anyone can make a decision, a CN player jumps up, grabs the rim and begins to try and pull himself up to get to the ball... Ref immediately blew whistle, waved and said “No”, then turned toward the scorers’ table. Player let go of rim and came down, rim snapped back up, and that caused the ball to bounce off the backboard... and right thru the basket! Ref calmly waves it off, with a smile says ‘NO basket!”. Lots of laffs ensued...

Reactions: bballpeep
Well well well... Something I thought I’d never see in this game... A shot-cock violation! I think that was only the 2nd time the clock even went to single digits in this game... 69-46 CN now, 4:47 left.

74-59 final... Fun to watch, but nobody would evah wanna see the shooting stats.... for either team. :)

Folsom takes on St. Pat’s St. Vincent next...

12-5 SPSV is ranked #63 by Maxpreps, and 14-6 Folsom is at #88.

Both have faced Jesuit, with SPSV getting a win, Folsom not. However, Folsom comes to this event on a 3-game win streak.

SPSV had a 6-game win streak snapped by Salesian earlier this week. No shame in that, especially in the Salesian Icebox.

I notice SPSV’s bit guy, Dishon Jackson, isn’t in their starting lineup.

I don’t see him on their bench, either, but I have a bad vantage point...

Anyway, Folsom is going with a full-court press... I don’t remember them using presses heavily in the past, but maybe I’m misremembering or something...

8-7 SPSV early on.

Folsom turns SPSV over three times in quick succession... layups ensue.

SPSV finally gets a shot and makes it... and Folsom does the same. 15-10 Folsom

19-12 Folsom at the end of 1...

Malik Rose, 5’8” soph guard for Folsom, is unbelievably quick.

Folsom press gets Spsv to throw it fullcourt OB. Can’t take advantage, so they draw a charge... 50-45, 48 secs left 3rd. Folsom ball.

Folsom scores to make it 52-45, and SPSV can’t answer before the quarter buzzer.

Eight minutes left...

Folsom starts the quarter off in style... Suddenly it’s 57-45, almost out of reach now for SPSV.

Fantastic dunk by #25 of SPSV, while getting fouled... THAT woke the gym up a little.... 58-50 after the FT made.

#25 is J. Alexander... def made sure he gets some credit for that one...

Er, 62-59. Folsom comes back and scores... So does SPSV. 64-61, Folsom gets it down low, is fouled... 2:11 left, 65-51 after 1 of 2 FT’s. SPSV scores on a drive... 65-63. Folsom fouled, 1 and 1... front end goes... and another. 67-63. 1:41 left... SPSV works the offense... gets a 3... Good! 67-66. Folsom ball and lead, 1:12 left...

Folsom working for a shot... 3 ball... No! SPSV gets the rebound, goes down... takes a 3.... No! Folsom rebounds, time out... still Folsom by 1, 14.1 left, Folsom at line... First good, second... Time out. 68-66. Wheels are turnin’...

I musta missed something, thought they had another FT... Anyway, SPSV takes it out, but turns it over. Foul, 1 of 2 from line. 69-66, 3.5 seconds left for SPSV to try and tie it up.

Oh,, I see what I did. All is good....

SPSV throws it in... but Folsom steals! Ball game. 69-66 final for Folsom.

Time for the Feature Presentation... Sheldon Huskies take on the Capital Christian Cougars!

We all know Sheldon is nationally-ranked and all, but Cap Christian is quite capable of throwing a scare on their best effort... They’ve beaten some excellent teams already this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT