ADVERTISEMENT

SHP Make the trip

cappyjohnson

Seasoned Veteran
Sep 30, 2014
SHP and fan base, You want in? Make the trip to SAC tomorrow and wear your colors. Let the CIF know you your presence and make it loud. Wear your colors and bring a fan base....Could help...Just saying..I want to see you play Folsom next weekend...Cappy

Oh Cappy, you are so clever. Are you saying that because you think your powerhouse Grant team will get rolled by 50? Or because you hope SHP gets beat by 40 and then you can say I told you so. You've kind of painted yourself into the proverbial corner now.

The thing that most don't know about SHP is they have a very good coaching staff. The El Cerrito team last year was loaded with D1 talent and they got molly whopped by SHP. I would love to see how coach Lavarota adjust to Folsom's offense. And how will Folsom defend Ben Burr-Kirven in that fly sweep offense. If Grant had blown the doors off St. Mary's I would rather see them play Folsom. But from all reports it looks like Grant was struggling with the Rams.

SHP and fans make the trip to Sacramento...You want in????Show the commissioners you can bring a fan base....It's the best thing to help your cause, I've had a change of heart, I want SHP next week! Besides you can scout Folsom if you get a shot! Call everyone you know get on a bus a show up with a section of fans. Stop by the Folsom tailgate parties and have a beer if you're over 21.There you go!
This post was edited on 12/6 12:10 AM by cappyjohnson

Alright herwoo, if your Pacers face Folsom what will they do differently than the previous 13 teams to win that game? If I made a bet it would be on Folsom but I would have bet on LBP in 2008.

I was at the Grant game tonight and they are lucky to come out of that one. How BIG man 77 did not get thrown out is beyond me. He got 2 consecutive unportsmanlike penalties on the same play. He threw his helmet down so hard every piece came out of it. He caught a break and really should be in street clothes next week should they make it. Part of the boards mantra is to pick teams that win with sportmanship and represent values!!! That dude tonight crossed the line.
As far as SHP beating Grant I just can't say. I have never seen SHP play. St Marys did not score twice inside Grants 5 yard line tonight and that cost them the game.
Another funny sight was the Grant player that was injured(NOT THE FUNNY PART) for like 30 minutes and carted off and put in the ambulance busted out of it and starts charging down the sideline putting his helmet on while the EMT is in hot pursuit to make sure he does not enter the game. The crowd was cheering him on. Never seen that one before

SHP and fans make the trip to Sacramento...You want in????Show the commissioners you can bring a fan base....It's the best thing to help your cause, I've had a change of heart, I want SHP next week! Besides you can scout Folsom if you get a shot! Call everyone you know get on a bus a show up with a section of fans. Stop by the Folsom tailgate parties and have a beer if you're over 21.There you go!

Will going on the information that I have on the three teams SHP vs Folsom would be good early but Folsom will eventually walk away with the victory. As good of a coach as Lavarota may be the El Cerrito team he beat last year does not come on the radar screen with this Folsom team. Folsom have coaches that know the spread better than any staff in NorCal. El Cerrito thought better athletes and a physical defense would beat SHP but that wasn't the case. Folsom offensive schemes and their tough defense will beat SHP. If Folsom and SHP were to play it would be a classic case of "coaching matters". I just don't see Grant matching up with Folsom this year. If they had a Shaq Thompson type player I would say the same. It's not about the players it's about Folsom's system which is extremely difficult to deal with. Folsom is special this year and the only team I believe can beat them in NorCal is DLS.

Peter Lavorato is one of the top coaches in NorCal. Has a great plan and stays aggressive in his style, even when he might be outgunned (like last year against El Cerrito and state bowl game).

What is the argument for SHP being chosen over Grant? I mean they won the open and are undefeated yes. But is their entire seasons body of work really better than Grants? I mean looking over at the stats on Calpreps it looks like Grant played a tougher regular season schedule and it isn't like the Open playoffs were really any better in terms of quality teams this year when comparing it to the SJS D2 playoffs.

Winning the Open div. of the CCS and being undefeated this year puts SHP in the equation, whether you like it or not. I know a lot of SJS fans don't think a lot of the CCS, but beleive it or not, there are some good teams in the CCS. If you look at the games that took place between CCS schools and other section schools this year, you might be surprised.

Dooer,

Trust me, I've seen them all and that includes the OAL, CS, NS, SJS, NCS to the CCS. And I totally agree with you that the CCS have some very good teams and in some years they are special. With that being said, The SJS is the toughest section in Nor-Cal on a yearly basis. Now I'm sure there are teams in the CCS that can beat some of the best teams in the SJS on any given Friday but the law of average is against that happening. Especially against the top team in the SJS. For instance, Folsom this year. Del Oro last year and Granite Bay the year before. And lets not talk about how Grant beat them boys from VC two years in a row a few years back. So overall, the CCS is a very tough section but they would lose more battles to the SJS teams than they would win at the end of the day.

Originally posted by ivey1919:
What is the argument for SHP being chosen over Grant? I mean they won the open and are undefeated yes. But is their entire seasons body of work really better than Grants? I mean looking over at the stats on Calpreps it looks like Grant played a tougher regular season schedule and it isn't like the Open playoffs were really any better in terms of quality teams this year when comparing it to the SJS D2 playoffs.
Everyone needs to stop looking at the schedules as a whole when thinking about calpreps and the bowls. The voters don't look at the average SoS. They look at key wins because they won't punish a team for their league (see 2008). For key wins, SHP lost a potential key one when Salinas lost in the CCS D-I title game. I don't think a Terra Nova D-IV title carries the same weight. If you examine Grant's schedule, their "big win" list is also pretty small.

I believe that the two brackets will be considered similar. I don't know whether or not St. Mary's games with Los Gatos and St. Ignatius will be considered, but that and the fact the both Grant and Bellarmine beat Franklin are the only ties between these two contenders.

I put Grant's chances at getting the bid at ~65%. Had Salinas won, it would have been closer, but I think the Pacers get the game. Ether way, I saw both teams last night. I don't see Grant beating SHP any worse than they beat St. Mary's and there's a pretty good chance they'd lose. I say Folsom fairly easily beats either by about 20.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT