ADVERTISEMENT

SHP vs Bellarmine

CCSman1

Board Regular
Nov 17, 2014
This game is very interesting because both teams are smaller and not the most athletic teams and run not so common offenses. These teams are almost like a carbon copy of each other, small, but very disciplined, smart, and well coached. SHP's offense looked very dynamic against LG and I expect them to win this game. I don't think Bellarmine will be able to stop BBK just like almost every team this year. Also SHP's QB is very good, he throws a great ball and never makes the wrong decision. But Bellarmine has their own play makers in Kyle Macauley and Anthony Guttadauro, who are smaller, but are very quick and athletic. I expect both of those players to have big games and help Bellarmine. Ultimately I think BBK and SHP's offense will prove to be too much for Bellarmine and SHP's defense will come up with some big stops. Last week I predicted SHP to win 28-24 and I am picking them to win again with a score of SHP 35 - Bellarmine 24. Reply with your picks. We can talk about the bowl games and who should be picked after the games. We should not be talking about who should be picked for the NorCal bowl games, but about these great match ups in this upcoming week. Focus on this week not the week after.

Great post CCSMan. SHP 31-21 over The Bells. Let's enjoy the two "underdogs" battling it out for the CCS Open title!

Thanks…I totally agree this is amazing to see the two teams who were supposed to be the easy picks not to be in the finals. Both these teams have been ridiculed and doubted this year, but they find a way to win and constantly prove non-believers wrong and those non-believers still don't believe…they don't get as much respect as they deserve for what they are doing right now. Teams with this small of size don't win very often.

While I was impressed by SHP and thought their offense was very dynamic, I would be concerned somewhat by their defense. LG really moved the ball at will vs. SHP. I don't think that they punted in the game. The pick six was what really did them in. Of course that's a great play by the SHP defense, but that may have been their only one in the game. On the 2 long TD drives by LG in the 2nd half, I thinked they only passed the ball once or twice.

So the question is, can Bellarmine's defense get the stops on SHP that LG could not. Can Bellarmine's offense keep the chain's moving, like LG was able to do?

Dooer-I somewhat agree with this, but I think LG's offense is way more dynamic and physical than Bell and being a small team is very hard to do. Joey Wood is 225 and SHP's biggest defender is around 200…they sometimes sub in the bigger guys who are only around 230-235. I think that was the difference. I watched SHP play vs MA and Riordan and whenever they would give the ball to the big kids or guys who weighed over 200 pounds it would give SHP fits and almost guaranteed 4-5 yards. Bellarmine does not really have a HB over 200 (I think), so I think SHP will be fine on defense. I think Bell's secondary is better than LG's but their front seven is worse than LG's, so I think SHP's offense will be hitting on all cylinders and score a lot of points, but I won't be surprised if Bellarmine forces multiple turnovers and finds a way to win like they are so great at doing.

Not even gonna try to pick this game. I didn't expect SHP to make it out of the first round. Boy was I wrong. It's unbelievable to me what a difference BBK makes to that team.

I not sure how you call these two teams "underdogs" even though I know what you might mean. SHP is 10-0, represented NORTH in SBG after beating El Cerrito last year and won the BAY pretty easily. They played right with LG and won which legitimizes their #1 seed IMO so no underdog. And with the history the BELLS have they are never underdogs although I was surprised to see them beat Milpitas who I thought would at least get out of the first round.

I think the OPEN was the best 8 this year, but as I have said in other posts should be squashed because it does nothing for CCS in SBG but eliminate teams from competing in their enrollment divisions. It's downright silly.

You mean the best 7. Oak Grove had no business in the open this year.

The Open is what is but just imagine if St Francis or even Mitty got a spot. Usually there are 4 wcal teams. One more could have made a huge difference in the finals we have tommorow.

It will be left to a vote!!!!!!!!! That is, should Grant win tonight. It is supposed to rain but Grant played in a down pour last week and it did not seem to affect them much.
Enterprise people keep talking about how they should represent in the RBG because they were there last season. Well the argument is even bigger for SHP should they win. They at least competed in their State game.

Blame the CCS open. If SHP does win the OPEN they will probably not get the vote and if they do they will be overmatched having to play in D1 or open only.

IF shp is 13-0 in division of enrollment they are easy choice for their division of enrollment.

Originally posted by farmair3:
It will be left to a vote!!!!!!!!! That is, should Grant win tonight. It is supposed to rain but Grant played in a down pour last week and it did not seem to affect them much.
Enterprise people keep talking about how they should represent in the RBG because they were there last season. Well the argument is even bigger for SHP should they win. They at least competed in their State game.
In Enteprise's defense, they faced tougher competition last year in Carson than Sacred Heart Prep did. Enterprise faced a QB that went on to be the ACC Freshman of the Year.

Re: SHP vs Bellarmine 0-0 half

Both teams missed field goals in the first half.

1st drive 2nd half SHP 80 yard drive....Burr Kirvin 2 yard TD 7-0 SHP

Catching bits of the SHP/Bells game - I'm really surprised by SHP against BCP. Also I'm watching the Grant SM game. I really expected much more from Grant, but SM is doing themselves justice with Grant. I do think Grant will step it up in the 2nd half though.

SHP TD 6:06 left in game Bir Kurvin TD 14-0 . Bells are in deep trouble

Shp dominating in the 2nd half as they go 90 yds. to take a 14 - 0 lead with 6 min. left.

SHP with a interception with just over 5 min left.
This post was edited on 12/5 9:07 PM by Dooer

SHP making gutsy calls to go for it on 4th down. And they are paying off.

SHP goes on 4th and 2 on their side of the field, Bells stop them and then throw another interception on the first play.

Re: SHP vs Bellarmine 14-0 Final

SHP wins it 14-0 by taking 2 knees at the Bellarmine 6 yd. line.

Originally posted by colhenrylives:
Holy crap.
Concur with colhenrylives:

HOLY CRAP!
eek.r191677.gif

Not a big shock. Bellarmine has zero balance and only wins big games when they have talent to overcome their self-limiting offense. This year they didn't have much firepower- thus, no chance. The sad thing is they will just keep doing what they know.

SHP and fan base, You want in? Make the trip to SAC tomorrow and wear your colors. Let the CIF know you your presence and make it loud. Wear your colors and bring a fan base....Could help...Just saying..I want to see you play Folsom next weekend...Cappy
This post was edited on 12/5 10:36 PM by cappyjohnson

As impressive as it is that SHP won the CCS Open, I don't see them getting picked over Grant. It will be a very interesting conversation though.
I think SJS championship will be played next week in lieu of the Nor-Cal regional game, and the winner will go on to the D1 game.

SHP doesnt even belong in the D1 regional game. Sad we dont get to see them compete in DIII. Campo vs SHP would have been an awesome game.

Originally posted by thehookup55:
SHP doesnt even belong in the D1 regional game. Sad we dont get to see them compete in DIII. Campo vs SHP would have been an awesome game.
If two teams in a section from the same CIF division are allowed to play in the same nor-cal regional game.Then its a crime a DIII team can't play in the DIII game just because they played up in playoffs.

I think that a lot of people felt that SHP did not belong in the CCS Open and I guess they proved a lot of people wrong.

SHP beat LG on a neutral field by more then St. Marys beat LG at home. That to me makes them comparable, at the least. Now all I heard from the announcers of the Grant - St.Marys game was how evenly matched the teams were. I think that might make a case for SHP to at least be strongly considered.

Grant won tonight, Folsom plays Saturday at Sac State. Norcal game will be next week. SHP wants a shot? Show your colors tomorrow at Sac State 7pm Folsom v Tracy.

I'm from Sacramento and have been rooting for Grant but after watching them play their last 2 games I'm pulling for SHP to make the playin game with Folsom should Folsom win. Some Grant players are very poor sports and take cheap shots at other players. It's my opinion and a couple of others as well wish that Grant does not make the final.

Look for the NorCal committee to make sure CCS, which has the sole Open Division playoff setup in the north, does not get entirely shut out of regional playoffs. SHP, at 13-0, ran a playoff gauntlet to emerge as the CCS Open champion. It appears very likely that SHP (and CCS) will be rewarded, regardless of critics who, lacking an actual eyeball, in-person look at the Atherton ball club, will howl that Grant deserves the Division I slot opposite Folsom. Performances on Friday evening should be just one more deciding factor for the committee. If SHP does not receive the bid, it will be a surprise at this point.

I remember in 2010, when I got crazy behind PALY. It was a lot of fun. I think there is some parallel between SHP and PALY. Both schools are seen as kind of academic, and not real football powers. In 2010, I knew that PALY had the athletes to go all the way (not a typical thing at PALY). Looks like SHP had it all this year, too. PALY went on to win the D1 state championship against the overwhelming favorite (Centennial). I suspect that SHP would be a very good representative in the state tournament this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT