ADVERTISEMENT

SJS Playoff Brackets

There are those who call it a conspiracy, or that SJS is "out to get" certain teams and areas.

A search for regional balance is a different way of looking at it, and actually reflects what happens in California -- rather than put all the teams in one bucket, it's divided north and south, which gives northern teams more a chance than they would have otherwise (in most years).

There are those who call it a conspiracy, or that SJS is "out to get" certain teams and areas.

A search for regional balance is a different way of looking at it, and actually reflects what happens in California -- rather than put all the teams in one bucket, it's divided north and south, which gives northern teams more a chance than they would have otherwise (in most years).
The state is to big to put all the teams in one bucket. A team from San Diego has to travel all the way to San Jose for a first round game would be a bit much but from Stockton to Sacramento is a 40 min. drive. The sjs just needs to rank the teams correctly and not worry about everyone gets a medal

McCarthy has the easier route to Norcal playoffs this way because they will beat both Brookside and Edison with easy. The committee tried to put all the aggressive team on one side but Brookside is far from that this year compared to Pico and K teams. It's not the players it's the coach that change Brookside into a Mediocre team. As we know teams play is a reflect on their coac. If you are soft then you team will be Soft.

So much for that "easy" win huh...

I think the bigger problem in the sjs is the attempt to keep the southern part of the section relevant. Edison is way overrated and most people do not believe they should be ahead of McClatchy but the head to head matchup justifies it. Look at D2 they pushed Bear Creek down a division for the same reason, to keep the Southern side relevant. After St Mary's the southern teams just aren't that good and the sjs try's to compensate for it. Edison strength of schedule on Maxpreps is 7.6 thats horrible and Bear creeks is 9.5 not much better.

and "Yes" Clay Antelope beat CO by 30 last Wednesday.

Edison still "WAY OVERRATED"???

Edison still "WAY OVERRATED"???
Edison is a very good team. They are probably underrated, but their schedule just didn't reflect or demonstrate how good they are. With a tougher non-league schedule they would/could have been recognized and more respected.

Edison is a very good team. They are probably underrated, but their schedule just didn't reflect or demonstrate how good they are. With a tougher non-league schedule they would/could have been recognized and more respected.

The SOS was dropped drastically because of league.

They played Brookside, O'dowd, Mcclatchy, St. Francis, Clovis, They played in the Diamond Division of the WCJ. Same Division with Miramonte and Cardinal newman. Played Sacred heart Cathedral. beat a Sequoia team that is ranked #2 in CCS i believe.

Can't help who edison has to play in League but they certainly did not run from any competition.

Reactions: basketba11
They played Brookside, O'dowd, Mcclatchy, St. Francis, Clovis, They played in the Diamond Division of the WCJ. Same Division with Miramonte and Cardinal newman. Played Sacred heart Cathedral. beat a Sequoia team that is ranked #2 in CCS i believe.
Agreed, that really is a tough schedule. Too bad the SOS formula doesn't take league/non-league into account.

The SOS was dropped drastically because of league.

Can't help who edison has to play in League but they certainly did not run from any competition.
Edison is very good team, played very good schedule, and is having incredible season. I am very impressed with their coaching. They have some talent, but not deep at all, but has gotten the most out of this group for sure. Not afraid to be aggressive and switch things up to keep other teams off balance. His players are confident, play together, and know their roles. I don't think they are overrated and I don't think anyone thought they were going to be easy win especially with home court (except Respect LOL). They played very good non-league schedule and even though their league lowered their SOS, it didn't affect or impact their seeding like McClatchy.

CoachDViKS

Brookside and McClatchy have different coaching this year. Teams without good coaching see just not as good. Brookside without coach Pico and McClatchy without coach K are 2 soft teams because the player are reflections of the their coach. Last year you said Pico couldnt coach but what have you Accomplished yet. Between Pico and K their are 5 State Championships , 4 runner ups Norcal, and 12 section Championships. Get one then talk!!!!!!!!!!!! You next game SMS will be you by 40!!!!!!

Respect, I knew I could count on you to come on here and keep making a fool of yourself besides everyone laughing at how you can’t spell.

1st I have a tremendous amount of respect for Pico and Que’. When I speak to them it’s all love and respect. They have achieved a lot. So please stop saying I have said negative things about them.

Lastly Mcclatchy played with whole team as well as coaching staff. It was a great game.

Save the negative comments and just give credit where credit is due!

Hope you have a great day buddy and good luck to your daughter academically and athletically next year.

CoachDViKS

Brookside and McClatchy have different coaching this year. Teams without good coaching see just not as good. Brookside without coach Pico and McClatchy without coach K are 2 soft teams because the player are reflections of the their coach. Last year you said Pico couldnt coach but what have you Accomplished yet. Between Pico and K their are 5 State Championships , 4 runner ups Norcal, and 12 section Championships. Get one then talk!!!!!!!!!!!! You next game SMS will be you by 40!!!!!!
Don’t you live in Arizona

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT