ADVERTISEMENT

SJS Playoff Games 2/12

cptmycpa

Sports Fanatic
Jan 19, 2016
First Round Upsets and "Near-upsets":
Div. 1
#1 Bear Creek 58, #17 Inderkum 54 at Bear Creek (is Bear Creek over-rated?)
Inderkum lead at the half 30-29

#12 Davis 61, Oak Ridge 57 at Oak Ridge (big upset)

Div. 2
#11 Modestro Christian 76, #6 Atwater 68 at Atwater

#7 Laguna Creek 64, #10 Roseville 58 at L.C. (was a close game late 4Q after Laguna Creek led by 20 points at halftime)

Div. 4
#11 El Dorado 54, #6 Capital Christian 43 at Capital Christian (Maile Williams)

#14 Mountain House 64, #3 Sonora 63 at Sonora

Last edited:
Ok. SJS just posted score:
#13 Monterey Trail 62, #4 Folsom 60 in 2OT
what a game for Monterey Trail (Metropolitan League with McClatchy and Laguna Creek)

Anybody know the final score between Edison at Lincoln of Stockton? No score posted and no tweet anywhere.

They’re very Talented coach just destroyed the team, they should’ve been right behind Antelope in their league. Dillard is a big time player.
If Inderkum would have upset Bear Creek, crazy to think that a 17 seed might have had a real shot to get to the finals! WOW! Inderkum was definitely capable of beating Franklin and then Davis/MT winner. Man, too bad. They would have definitely been the Cinderella team of the Dance. And Dillard is a first team All-City player and incredible scorer.
So the 2 upsets of Folsom and Oak Ridge came from the top 2 teams of the Sierra Foothill League, probably the strongest league in the area. Very very surprised. Maybe the tough games in league week after week wore them down? Let down after their big game last Friday? I think after the wake up call that Bear Creek had yesterday should be enough to propel them pretty easily to finals on their side of the bracket now.
Two tough games on other side though-McClatchy vs Lincoln and St Marys vs Cosumnes Oaks. Will there be any upsets on this side of the bracket?

Two tough games on other side though-McClatchy vs Lincoln and St Marys vs Cosumnes Oaks. Will there be any upsets on this side of the bracket?
Those two games should be really good. I think after the 1st round of upsets, nobody will be taking any team lightly going forward. I think St. Mary's and McClatchy will focus on the their next opponent and won't look ahead. You are right, those 1st round upsets are a "wake up call."

I saw Inderkum play during the regular season and knew they would give Bear Creek a tough game. Dillard is unstoppable. Franklin of Elk Grove will give Bear Creek another challenging game. In MaxPreps SJS rankings, Bear Creek is #9 and Elk Grove is #11. Elk Grove played a tougher schedule too--has a higher SOS than Bear Creek.
http://www.maxpreps.com/list/rankin...ectionid=d663c9bc-2efc-42a4-b1f5-f51200644ccc

Reactions: Chelleh
People don’t know that Inderkum is very talented Led by Nailah Dillard (Texas Tech Committ ) they just have a horrible coach that knows nothing about hoop. Sad but true.
Explain how? Inderkum is in the playoffs every year. That coach from my understanding is not the problem over there.

Those two games should be really good. I think after the 1st round of upsets, nobody will be taking any team lightly going forward. I think St. Mary's and McClatchy will focus on the their next opponent and won't look ahead. You are right, those 1st round upsets are a "wake up call."

I saw Inderkum play during the regular season and knew they would give Bear Creek a tough game. Dillard is unstoppable. Franklin of Elk Grove will give Bear Creek another challenging game. In MaxPreps SJS rankings, Bear Creek is #9 and Elk Grove is #11. Elk Grove played a tougher schedule too--has a higher SOS than Bear Creek.
http://www.maxpreps.com/list/rankin...ectionid=d663c9bc-2efc-42a4-b1f5-f51200644ccc
cptmycpa, as you know many of these games will come down to match-ups. I have seen Inderkum this year too, and there is no way I would have predicted they would be even close against Bear Creek. Yes, Dillard is a difference maker and she was the best player on the floor. Really the entire game plan would be to limit her touches. She is athletic enough to dominate. Now Franklin does not have anyone even close to someone like Dillard. I believe Bear Creek will have no problem with Franklin. They have some good pieces, but they will not be able to handle Bear Creek's press. The reason why Bear Creek's SOS is so low is because of their league games (thanks to CoachDViks for this information). They have played and beaten some good teams in their non-league schedule this year, so their SOS is not accurate of their overall season. There is a reason they were seeded #1 (jumping from #9 in Maxpreps).

Reactions: cptmycpa
They’re very Talented coach just destroyed the team, they should’ve been right behind Antelope in their league. Dillard is a big time player.
I'm curious about why Inderkum's coach is being brought up too. Coach Hampton seems to be very knowledgeable and an overall good guy. I know Nailah was hurt for some games earlier in the season. Maybe something going on there that we don't know about with Coach Hampton? Or just expectations for the parents and kids a little too high?

In my years of coaching when I see these kinds of negative comments,bashing,etc. typically come from disgruntled parents. I assume some player/players parents aren’t happy with Coach Hampton.

cptmycpa, as you know many of these games will come down to match-ups. I have seen Inderkum this year too, and there is no way I would have predicted they would be even close against Bear Creek. Yes, Dillard is a difference maker and she was the best player on the floor. Really the entire game plan would be to limit her touches. She is athletic enough to dominate. Now Franklin does not have anyone even close to someone like Dillard. I believe Bear Creek will have no problem with Franklin. They have some good pieces, but they will not be able to handle Bear Creek's press. The reason why Bear Creek's SOS is so low is because of their league games (thanks to CoachDViks for this information). They have played and beaten some good teams in their non-league schedule this year, so their SOS is not accurate of their overall season. There is a reason they were seeded #1 (jumping from #9 in Maxpreps).
Excellent points. Good analysis. Not having seen Beer Creek play this season, I don't know how they match up with Franklin. Good pressing defense will keep you in the game.

Excellent points. Good analysis. Not having seen Beer Creek play this season, I don't know how they match up with Franklin. Good pressing defense will keep you in the game.
Defense and rebounding. But of course scoring is king! Seeds don’t matter, Inderkum #17 almost upset a #1 seed Bear Creek he can’t be too bad of a coach LOL. I mean “HORRIBLE” :D

I'm curious about why Inderkum's coach is being brought up too. Coach Hampton seems to be very knowledgeable and an overall good guy. I know Nailah was hurt for some games earlier in the season. Maybe something going on there that we don't know about with Coach Hampton? Or just expectations for the parents and kids a little too high?

No expectations are too high. I’ve watched them play twice and it’s clear he doesn’t know what he’s doing. A blind person can tell. You must be Inderkum coach defending him like that.

No expectations are too high. I’ve watched them play twice and it’s clear he doesn’t know what he’s doing. A blind person can tell. You must be Inderkum coach defending him like that.
No Basketball11 I’m sure isn’t a Inderkum coach. Perhaps your daughter/daughters play at Inderkum bashing him like that? Sorry I have a knack for defending coaches. Your not the father running up and down the sidelines coaching are you? LOL that’s what I saw at a Inderkum game this year. Pathetic!

No Basketball11 I’m sure isn’t a Inderkum coach. Perhaps your daughter/daughters play at Inderkum bashing him like that? Sorry I have a knack for defending coaches. Your not the father running up and down the sidelines coaching are you? LOL that’s what I saw at a Inderkum game this year. Pathetic!
I remember there being the “disgruntled parent” a few years ago at Inderkum, he used to run up and down the side lines, but they switched to 2 different schools since then so that’s old news, maybe you know him? Our team played Inderkum twice this year & we are just thankful that the coach pulled all of their starters when the score was tied with 2 mins on the clock. But hey, I guess every teams strategy is different...

Reactions: bballpeep
No Basketball11 I’m sure isn’t a Inderkum coach. Perhaps your daughter/daughters play at Inderkum bashing him like that? Sorry I have a knack for defending coaches. Your not the father running up and down the sidelines coaching are you? LOL that’s what I saw at a Inderkum game this year. Pathetic![/QUOTE

Haha you’re funny. The truth hurt sometimes. I’m definitely not a dad. But I don’t need to explain the proof is in the pudding.

I am not an Inderkum coach and I wasn’t really defending him. I just know he has been coaching there for awhile now and I never heard anything bad about him. But I definitely don’t claim to know anything about how he coaches there and how he runs that program. Beating Bear Creek would have been a huge upset though. And if they pulled that upset out, I’m sure the dialogue would have been different today.

From my observations, Phillip Hampton does a good job at Inderkum. His teams compete, and when he has talent, they do pretty well; when he doesn't, he still plays a tough schedule and so his record can be deceiving, I think.

We've played Inderkum, and though we won easily (I believe), it wasn't because we took advantage of the coaching -- it was much more a talent disparity.

Reactions: basketba11
I’m lost. But alrighty then LOL. Agreed, clay that was my observation he does a good job! Surprised to see Folsom outed first rd.

Pbacoach = Dorjan W. Your post confirms what many out here already know from your first posts.

you just mad because the parent you're talking about ran you and yours out of IHS because your "straight up stud" was not the star you envisioned. Someone took that shine and you yanked her outta there quickly. Same happened at EG. Those are FACTS!

Nice try with the attack, trying to call someone pathetic, when that very word defines you to a T. The parent you're talking about has a kid headed to Texas Tech for hoop and another headed to Prairie View on full academic scholarship to study medicine. Definitely is doing something right, but in your tone deaf view, he's pathetic? You must really avoid the mirror.

Go ahead, lie about being a legend (you weren't). Lie about saying you're from the Bay (you're not). The real knows the real. You're just a scrub. And you dont defend coaches, you attack them because someone aint a point guard like you want. Been doing it since middle school, CYBL. Saw it at CRC when TFE coach wasnt letting someone handle the rock. Saw it at IHS. Your only saving grace is you kiss up to JD from the Bee to get your kid pub and postseason honors. You're a joke straight up. She's a good kid, but you're a lame!

We're waiting on school 4 out of 4 years. BTW, I'm pretty sure the one you called pathetic saw this post, so I'd suggest investing in some running shoes. And you put some RESPEC on that!
So much hate and jealousy over a girl deciding she had a better option. The venom is extra given the success achieved this season. When you lead the league in scoring and college coaches pack the stands night in and night out the scoreboard doesn't lie fella. Sit back and enjoy the greatness without hate.

So much hate and jealousy over a girl deciding she had a better option. The venom is extra given the success achieved this season. When you lead the league in scoring and college coaches pack the stands night in and night out the scoreboard doesn't lie fella. Sit back and enjoy the greatness without hate.
Why would you draw attention to your kid like this?

Not my kid. I bet you could use her on your top team. Down year coming. You burned that bridge fella and it's costly.
you are definitely someone on here going by a second handle.. I doubt you've been lurking quietly since may..

btw.. and this isn't hate/shade or anything of the such... do you still think she is a favorite for ms basketball CA next year??

you are definitely someone on here going by a second handle.. I doubt you've been lurking quietly since may..

btw.. and this isn't hate/shade or anything of the such... do you still think she is a favorite for ms basketball CA next year??
Next year? This yr clearly winner is Hay Jones! However M.Williams is for sure a Sacbee poy candidate averaging 20ppg and first team all metro easy. In my humble small tiny opinion. Kudos winning Cbs athlete of the month first female ever. No shade at the other kids :D I’m sorry other parents.

Last edited:
Wow. A lot here to unwrap.

From what I see, PBA and Top100 are one in the same. Since you're mentioning a need for her on top teams, whats the history there? What happened with Stars? Taurasi 16s? Ballaz? TFE? Player of the year? Only for CC. thats laughable!

Dudes mouth consistently keeps a target (unfairly) on her back.

No hate for her, shes a good kid, actually feel very sorry for her. But her Pops, man dudes as delusional as they come.

DW talks crap to her teammates, opposing players, yells for them to get her and only her the ball. Does this all game long. Has done this as long as anyone knows.

Had her wearing matching warmups with him, and not the warmups the rest of the team wears. Does whatever possible to isolate her from teams.

BTW, the coaches lining the stands, UW and Sac St., the ones you thanked on your Twitter, they were there to see CBS kid, not yours.

Like I said, delusional. And no top teams are looking for or want her. Not gonna get POY for the Bee, nor first team.

Dude was a failed hooper at Florin, failed hooper at Sac, so living through his kid. Sick and sad bro!

Last edited:
Next year? This yr clearly winner is Hay Jones! However M.Williams is for sure a Sacbee poy candidate averaging 20ppg and first team all metro easy. In my humble small tiny opinion. Kudos winning Cbs athlete of the month first female ever. No shade at the other kids :D I’m sorry other parents.
Yea next year.. Top100watch said on May 1, 2018 and I quote "A rare talent indeed. Could easily see her as Miss Basketball CA in 2 years. Likely the favorite. Keep grinding Maile."
Ironically its liked by allprepmedia99 who is, in fact, not media at all. And thanks for responding for top100... says a lot

Reactions: Pbacoach
Yea next year.. Top100watch said on May 1, 2018 and I quote "A rare talent indeed. Could easily see her as Miss Basketball CA in 2 years. Likely the favorite. Keep grinding Maile."
Ironically its liked by allprepmedia99 who is, in fact, not media at all. And thanks for responding for top100... says a lot
LOL I don’t care who’s who obviously “sticcman” is another mad man at the wheel. Curious who is your Miss Basketball Ca this year? On another note what is the best game to watch tomorrow?

LOL I don’t care who’s who obviously “sticcman” is another mad man at the wheel. Curious who is your Miss Basketball Ca this year? On another note what is the best game to watch tomorrow?
good side step of the question at hand...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT