ADVERTISEMENT

SMS 70 SHC 65 Final

I never said anything to disrespect the player only why did this happen to such a player at a private school with a lot of source. This player plays with her heart on her sleeves and has a nose for the ball. She is the enforcer on the SMS team and a great kid.

RespectBBGAME
I will explain it to you the same way I explained it to the idiot ballersdream, the word is THOUGHT not TAUGHT, unless you were actually referring to something you had been taught, then a simple insert of the word was before always, I was always taught. This is the same grammar, spelling and sentence structure that ballersdream would use. So, officially welcome back to the message board where you can push your agenda all the while alluding and accusing other of pushing their own agenda ....

"I always taught grades are more important then Basketball."

[/I]

Nor Cal Scout

The only thing that you can talk about is my Grammmmmar but when thinks are hitting the hearts that's the only think you can lash out at.

Thanks for trying to put some perspective on this topic Clay. So here are a couple questions for you to help clarify.

How many times in the last ten years have you personally heard about an athlete that was academically ineligible or transferred to another school because they were dismissed from their previous school?

How many times in the last ten years have you reported that information to the public?

I am not nearly as "connected" to the coaching community as you are, but I've personally heard of about six or eight of these cases in the last ten years. I haven't mentioned any of them publicly.

I'm sure you haven't either.

"Personally heard" is different than "verified."

But I don't think that's your point ... and the issue is a journalistic one, really. Is the absence of a player newsworthy, in the sense discussed in my long post about coverage of high school sports? If it is newsworthy, then it is almost obligatory to say why it took place.

I couldn't give you a number, but yes, I have reported academic eligibility as a cause, as well as being removed from the team by the coach or administration, suspended for a game due to an ejection, or injured.

(In a lot of ways, being suspended due to an ejection is worse than bad grades. Should that not be reported because it's a personal issue?)

ClayK

Everything you stated was very well put. I think more so than not these are die hard SMS fans attempting to come to the aid of one of their own which is understandable. Now what ever history they share with the other poster on here that's between them and seems to be what is really sparking all of this. Me personally, I haven't bashed any players, teams or parents in the matter and really didn't go into it any further than saying she was ineligible. With the knowledge that I have on the situation I could have ver well done that but THAT part of it is a personal issue that is between the player, school and parents.

If fans of SMS can say that the game would be a different game if this player had played then they should expect questions coming as to why she didn't play. Not to mention the packed house of folks in the stands talking about this and asking the same questions. She did not commit a crime or anything so this is not classified information. At the end of the day this is a public message board and unfortunately one can't control what gets posted. So SMS fans have to take the good with the bad

IMO.....

GENERALLY speaking about any boy/girl HS athlete (not having anything to do with THIS particular girl on this link)...again, anyone in

general that goes from being on the team to not in uniform or not on the bench or not in the school, I think a question on why or what

happened is fair. I think a GENERAL response is also fair...such as injury, grades, death in the family....are all acceptable.

We don't need to get into DETAILS....

I personally would think that's a fair compromise for both sides. It answers the question BUT doesn't invade the personal privacy of the
kid.

again that's just my opinion.

This post was edited on 3/19 2:35 PM by northbaybbguru

Just for the record, my kid plays for SMS, but my concern regarding what was posted has nothing to do with allegiance. If it was not a SMS player I would still think it's wrong to post.
Clay, what you said puts a lot of things into perspective. People want to know, I get that. I just don't think everything needs to be discussed, players personal business put out there. But that's just me.

kkross22

What about her being ineligible is personal business? It's public knowledge that she is ineligible it's not a secret. It's not like I went into detail about how many classes she was failing or what her overall GPA was. I gave a very general and basic answer. I didn't go into detail about what the program has done or is doing to assure players get the grades. I didn't point any fingers at parents or anything like that. Naturally you can expect that those questions will arise when a player from one of the top teams in the nation is ineligible but that's the nature of the beast. You have to take the good with the bad in this case. I haven't seen anyone be disrespectful at all either. So people will agree to disagree in this case.

CityBoy,

But why was it up to you to break the news? Do you think you're the only one who had heard this? And the fact that you "scooped" this news at the same time you were arguing back and forth with SMS parents, and after the team you had been rooting for had just lost to SMS, makes it seem a bit spiteful.

Originally posted by Passionatedad:
It's just flat out common sense. Don't disrespect a young player period.
A good point -- but what qualifies as disrespect?

Assuming the player is very good, is it disrespectful to report that :

*A player misses a free throw with three seconds left that would have tied the game;
*A player commits a foul that sets up the winning points for the other team;
*A player gets a technical foul that proves to be crucial;
*A player tears her ACL (which could scare college coaches away);
*A player turns the ball over at a crucial moment;
*A player's very poor free-throw percentage is mentioned when referring to a free-throw she makes;
*A player is removed from the team for disciplinary reasons;
*A player is removed fro the team for academic reasons;
*A player leaves the team for unspecified reasons;
*A player fouls out;
*A player visibly argues with her coach during a game, and then doesn't play the rest of the game;
*A player gets into a fight on the court;
*A player gets into a fight away from school that results in a police report with her name in it

the list could go on, but the point, I think, is that all of us might think some of these are disrespectful, but we could easily disagree on which ones.

As always, it's easy to generalize but specifics are harder to handle.

CityBoy415, I have no gripes with you. We are just different. I wouldn't have handled the situation the way you did. That's it. I say we agree to disagree, and move on.

(this is TREY not AR 's dad ) I've been reading this post and I agree with CITYBOY415 only for the fact that I was in Stockton a few years ago and I sat next to a nice older gentleman (who happened to be a sponsor of a player- his words ) This nice man talked to me the entire game. He gave me so much info about the girls playing in the game and one who was ineligible to play at this time as well. All I said was say hello.

All this to say Parents and coaches talk extremely too much so whether its on THIS site or another social site its being talked about. Not only for SMS but all over. Obviously somebody on the inside is talking for the people on the outside to know about what is going on. For me to know a kid's GPA and to know another kids Financial status because someone is just offering up information, that's what's inappropriate.

So in my opinion there is no need to argue about what is being said on this site when apparently its being talked about in the streets. Whether its after a game or you are sitting at a bar, its being talked about we cant be mad that we are reading it in a public forum. I often hear things about my own kid and wonder where did that come from? SOMEBODY is talking....No kid is exempt. These men sit behind their screen names and talk a bunch of BS then disrespect one another all in the name of "their personal opinion" Im like City Boy You all know who I am so please if you want to talk about some basketball I can do it with the best of them and I can trash talk too its in my blood (ask about me) But if we are gonna get on here and give an opinion lets do that, keep it classy and move on.

no more name dropping ok? lets all play nice. love always Trey

This post was edited on 3/19 6:35 PM by TEAM_AR

This post was edited on 3/19 7:01 PM by TEAM_AR

Originally posted by CityBoy415:
As I said before bulldogmgc

If you have anything to direct towards me at all I'll be at both OPEN games this weekend and next with my SHC hoodie and hat on sitting a few rows up from mid court. You can't miss me. Let's not be chicken shit behind a message board. If you feel the need to say something to me or have a real issue with anything I've said please feel free to say it to my face. And that also goes for anybody else who has an issue with anything I've posted on this message board. I'm not hiding from anyone and stand behind everything I have posted 110%.
CityBoy,

Why are you so angry? Your team lost! Get over it! It's just a basketball game. Nothing more, nothing less. Now you want to call me out, using the term "chicken shit". Wow! I think you need help, psychological help. Maybe a couple classes in Anger Management might help. Or maybe you just need to take a deep breath and just chill. If you are seeking much more with some kind of confrontation, please be careful. I would not recommend any type of violence without accepting the consequences. Please think about it (calmly). In any case, I had no issue with anything you had written here, except most recently in your sharing negative information about a player, a player on the opponent team your team lost to. Let me ask, and I believe someone else has since posted the same question, how would you like it if someone posted on here your child was having problems with her grades at school? How do you think your daughter would feel? Again think about it, please.

In regards to prior posts, I was just having fun with you because you fell right into the trap of initially providing a significant 10 point spread against the #1 team (my team), when a safer post would have been to leave out the points, still share your analysis, leading to a "potential" win for your team. But, I commend you. That took guts. If you were right, you may have been all over this message board gloating and feeling down right good about yourself. If you were wrong, and in this case, you were, you are "potentially" left with the onslaught of egg in your face (metaphorically) ... which did not happen (from me) until you took the step and fell into the trap of calling out the refs. That was your mistake. Hence, you got to hear a few words from me (ie. more on fantasy island, the wager, stop crying, etc.). You should have seen it coming from my prior posts. It's called a STING (you know like Paul Newman & Robert Redford vs Robert Shaw). Now, had you been right, I would have stated that the Irish pot of gold paid dividends with fantasy (on Fantasy Island) coming true (again, out of jest). But, I would have also congratulated the Irish (as I did even in defeat), and you would have been in cloud nine, in any case. However, it appears you can't handle this kind of humorous banter, "ROOKIE". But, with time, I believe you will learn.

I am not saying whoever posted a 20 point win for SMS is any better. Remember, I posted about doing the math. They, too, were 15 points off. Obviously, we haven't heard much from them, whoever they are. But, with your team's loss of complaining about the referees after your team lost. When you did this, it left a perception that this was the excuse, whereas in truth, I agree the refereering was poor, very poor, but it was poor for "both" teams. Recall the boos from the SMS fans? Next time, please don't call out the refs in defeat, even if they did suck.

If you want to know who I am, I have been a long time fan/supporter of SMS sports, more so seen on the Football blog. Some of the SMS fans know who I am (more on the football side), some not. I am a 53 year old San Mateo High School, University of Southern California (USC) alumn with two sons who have since graduated from Saint Mary's High School, both played football and wrestled for SMS. I had a scholarship to attend Serra High School, but chose San Mateo High School because it was co-ed and my closer friends were going there. I enjoy watching sports, all kinds, but favor SMS football, basketball, and baseball. I also take an interest in posting on Norcalpreps.com and following what others have to say (check out my post count, if you don't believe me). I also like to have fun with fellow bloggers. Your post just happened to catch my attention, and I ran with it. If you have misinterpreted it in anything else than "jest", I apologize. Most others who have been on this message board (more so on the football blog) for a while have a better understanding of who I am and my intent.

In summary, please be more careful in the words you choose when posting on this message board or any other message board. Else, you (like me) are fair game for responses with all kinds of flavor.

If I am able to attend this Saturday's NorCal Open championship game, I will try to look for you so we can shake hands and make peace. I could tell you I will be wearing a SMS hat, but good luck trying to find me. If we do not meet, peace be with you.

SouthBayHoopFan

Nobody said it was up to me to break any news. Somebody asked a question and I chose to answer it because it went with the flow of the conversation. Honestly, I knew she wasn't playing well before the game because their grading period ended the week prior. Now if I wanted to bash her or the program I would have done so then or bashed her when it was brought up. i'm a grown man and this is a public message board I can post what ever information I please. I didn't lie about anyone or disrespect anyone either. Nor did I go into detail about what her grades were. Just because you all are SMS fans don't mean you control this message board.

kkross22

I know you don't man and neither do I with you. I'm just trying to get an understanding of how anyone felt I was being disrespectful to anyone. If we want to get on the subject of disrespect I been called stupid, unintelligent, and several other things by the very same people who think I'm disrespectful for answering a question truthfully. Ironic isn't it?

bulldogmgc

I'm not angry at all so let's not take what I post out of context. I already acknowledged my team lost, congratulated SMS and here you are still sending me messages. First of all I never engaged in any conversations with you. YOU engaged dialog with me and initially I ignored you. Yet again you felt the need to still want to engage with me for some reason. I've told you SEVERAL times we don't need to have another conversation over a message board. You continuously continue to disrespect me. Now I need Anger Management classes or psychological help? You keep digging and digging bro just let it go. If your not rooting on your team then keep it moving. If your not willing to meet me face to face to make these statements then to me you are chicken shit saying them behind a message board.

In regards to prior posts why do you feel the need to butt in? I wasn't talking to you in any of those prior posts so why do you feel the need to insist on being a part of my conversation? Who are you to tell me what a safer post would have been for me you don't run this message board. Once again my conversation with the ref had NOTHING to do with you. That was a conversation i was having with someone else. I didn't ask to be a part of your humorous banter or a part of any other posts you've posted on this message board but you continuously want to trash talk and go a bit further than you need to with someone you don't know. Again root for your team and do as you please but calling me anything but my name is out of pocket especially if you don't have the balls to say it to my face. If i chose to call out the refs in defeat that's my PREROGATIVE and I will do so as I please. SHC shot 6 free throws the ENTIRE game and SMS only had 11 fouls called the ENTIRE game so yes I have a problem with the way it was officiated and that's MY OPINION! You give your opinion and that's the end of that. No need to disrespect me personally about it ESPECIALLY if it isn't something you can say to me in person.

I don't want to know who you are or anything about you. I'll take what I have gathered from your personality and formulate my own opinion of who you are based on that.

I'm not interested in making any peace there's nothing to make peace over. I don't know you and don't care to know you. However, if you have anything derogatory to say to me let's not post that on a message board for attention. You can meet me in person and we can discuss what ever you have to get off your chest with out trying to gain the attention of others on a message board.

This post was edited on 3/19 9:44 PM by CityBoy415

bulldogmgc

I'm not angry at all so let's not take what I post out of context. I already acknowledged my team lost, congratulated SMS and here you are still sending me messages. First of all I never engaged in any conversations with you. YOU engaged dialog with me and initially I ignored you. Yet again you felt the need to still want to engage with me for some reason. I've told you SEVERAL times we don't need to have another conversation over a message board. You continuously continue to disrespect me. Now I need Anger Management classes or psychological help? You keep digging and digging bro just let it go. If your not rooting on your team then keep it moving. If your not willing to meet me face to face to make these statements then to me you are chicken shit saying them behind a message board.

In regards to prior posts why do you feel the need to butt in? I wasn't talking to you in any of those prior posts so why do you feel the need to insist on being a part of my conversation? Who are you to tell me what a safer post would have been for me you don't run this message board. Once again my conversation with the ref had NOTHING to do with you. That was a conversation i was having with someone else. I didn't ask to be a part of your humorous banter or a part of any other posts you've posted on this message board but you continuously want to trash talk and go a bit further than you need to with someone you don't know. Again root for your team and do as you please but calling me anything but my name is out of pocket especially if you don't have the balls to say it to my face. If i chose to call out the refs in defeat that's my PREROGATIVE and I will do so as I please. SHC shot 6 free throws the ENTIRE game and SMS only had 11 fouls called the ENTIRE game so yes I have a problem with the way it was officiated and that's MY OPINION! You give your opinion and that's the end of that. No need to disrespect me personally about it ESPECIALLY if it isn't something you can say to me in person.

I don't want to know who you are or anything about you. I'll take what I have gathered from your personality and formulate my own opinion of who you are based on that.

I'm not interested in making any peace there's nothing to make peace over. I don't know you and don't care to know you. However, if you have anything derogatory to say to me let's not post that on a message board for attention. You can meet me in person and we can discuss what ever you have to get off your chest with out trying to gain the attention of others on a message board.

This post was edited on 3/19 9:44 PM by CityBoy415
Uh. This is a public message board. If you wanted a private conversation with someone else, you are using the wrong communication tool. Suggest email or phone. It appears you are a bit bothered with other bloggers opinions, too. Welcome to Norcalpreps.com! Don't like what we have to say, feel free to hit the ignore button. It's that easy. Continue to complain about the refs (for all to see), announce an opponent's is having problems with her grades (for all to see), then you are fair game on this message board for bloggers like me to chime in (for all to see). Get used to it! TILT!

ChickenShit

I never said anything about a private conversation, can you read? Or are you just stupid in general? What I said was the post was not to YOU and did not concern YOU. You decided you wanted to be a part of my conversation. I guess your mother never taught you to mind your own business? As I said before what ever you feel like you can say behind your computer you can say to me in person. Otherwise your a chump! Matter of fact I have a few things I would like to say to you in person and I'm man enough to do that. Please do come speak to me on Saturday and if not this Saturday then the next! I'll even buy a ticket for you and a guest!! Your nothing but a punk hiding behind a computer screen bro

ChickenShit

I never said anything about a private conversation, can you read? Or are you just stupid in general? What I said was the post was not to YOU and did not concern YOU. You decided you wanted to be a part of my conversation. I guess your mother never taught you to mind your own business? As I said before what ever you feel like you can say behind your computer you can say to me in person. Otherwise your a chump! Matter of fact I have a few things I would like to say to you in person and I'm man enough to do that. Please do come speak to me on Saturday and if not this Saturday then the next! I'll even buy a ticket for you and a guest!! Your nothing but a punk hiding behind a computer screen bro
More TILT!
roll.r191677.gif

I have tried to stay out of this issue but it is time to chime in. Attacks on kids is not ok, that is a given. It should be banned from any site. But the question "IS", what is an attack on a player? Questioning their ability or discussing their personality is a direct attack. So NOT OK..... and I will gladly call you out as I did with Ballerdreams questioning a teams other plarers. However, when teams play at these elite levels, not being on the court for any reason is a fair question. I am the SMS homer of homers, a 4 year athlete there and father of 4 that attended the school. The question was asked and answered and that is that. It is a fact and that can't be hidden. Now let it go!!!

The endless conversation about it is what is disturbing. DROP IT, all of you. As this fight continues about what is right and wrong you are now bringing an innocent child into the issue. Weather you are for or against what was said, you all have made this into a far bigger issue then it should have been and quite frankly should all be put on "A TIME OUT" for dragging it out. IT IS TIME TO GROW UP!!!!! NOW, take a deep breath, realize this is all about basketball and the incredible playoffs that are happening and lets talk about that. UNDERSTOOD!!!!!
This post was edited on 3/21 4:38 AM by cvhl

As I said before bulldogmgc

If you have anything to direct towards me at all I'll be at both OPEN games this weekend and next with my SHC hoodie and hat on sitting a few rows up from mid court. You can't miss me. Let's not be chicken shit behind a message board. If you feel the need to say something to me or have a real issue with anything I've said please feel free to say it to my face. And that also goes for anybody else who has an issue with anything I've posted on this message board. I'm not hiding from anyone and stand behind everything I have posted 110%.
dde01a7a92aa19b4972b4fb097b332686e4ba1f0771b47994b0f28c71f175383.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT