ADVERTISEMENT

SMS 70 SHC 65 Final

bulldogmgc

There were several people on here stating that SMS would beat SHC by 20 and that they should have won by 20 the first game. I'm not sure where you been on here but it appears as if you have possibly jumped on the bandwagon of a conversation that's been going on for about a week or more now.

I have no problem saying SHC lost. They played hard and competed and the game went down to the wire I couldn't ask for anything more from these girls. SMS played a little better tonight as I said in my first post GREAT JOB SMS! And yes I did put points out there after a conversation in a post with a few folks who said SHC would lose by 20. Neither of these posts had anything to do with YOU! So yes if you want to engage in anything and place wagers lets bet on something we can both control and that's ourselves. You want to be a jerk over the message board and that's fine I'm ok with that. However I'm not going to engage on betting on HS girls basketball. So if you want to bet me on something I'll bet on myself. If your not comfortable betting on yourself then shut your mouth and stick to rooting for your team instead of challenging people to bet on something that can only be controlled by the players coaches and refs involved.

This will be my last response to you because obviously your an idiot who likes to hide behind a message board and i'm ok with that. I just won't be wasting anymore of my time on it. Learn how to root for a teams win with class especially when all this is from behind a computer screen.

bulldogmgc

There were several people on here stating that SMS would beat SHC by 20 and that they should have won by 20 the first game. I'm not sure where you been on here but it appears as if you have possibly jumped on the bandwagon of a conversation that's been going on for about a week or more now.

I have no problem saying SHC lost. They played hard and competed and the game went down to the wire I couldn't ask for anything more from these girls. SMS played a little better tonight as I said in my first post GREAT JOB SMS! And yes I did put points out there after a conversation in a post with a few folks who said SHC would lose by 20. Neither of these posts had anything to do with YOU! So yes if you want to engage in anything and place wagers lets bet on something we can both control and that's ourselves. You want to be a jerk over the message board and that's fine I'm ok with that. However I'm not going to engage on betting on HS girls basketball. So if you want to bet me on something I'll bet on myself. If your not comfortable betting on yourself then shut your mouth and stick to rooting for your team instead of challenging people to bet on something that can only be controlled by the players coaches and refs involved.

This will be my last response to you because obviously your an idiot who likes to hide behind a message board and i'm ok with that. I just won't be wasting anymore of my time on it. Learn how to root for a teams win with class especially when all this is from behind a computer screen.

I'll be sitting at mid court in Sac and at Cal with a green SHC sweat shirt and hat on. I'm African American 6'4 around 230. Feel free to continue this discussion face to face. Let's see if you have the balls to talk this trash to my face

This post was edited on 3/18 11:43 AM by CityBoy415

You should be proud. You called this game within the same margin (15) as whoever called it SMS by 20. Only difference is you lost, your team lost, and I got you to tilt. Nice double post! Btw, crying about the referees isn't going to change the outcome. But, maybe a good night's sleep hopefully helped you feel better. Keep dreaming and some day your dreams may come true. Just not last night. Oh well.

Ballerdreams = RespectBBGame?

What happened? Did you get banned and found a way to get back on? Nice!

As for the foul calls being in SMS favor. SHC was in this game because of their exremely phyical play. They pushed SMS around down low and SHC should have been called for many more fouls but the refs were letting them play. Instead of calling fouls they were calling jump balls, to the tune of 16 of them that I counted. Probably would not have helped SMS though because they could not hit a free throw to save their lives. If SMS gets in another physical game like this I see big issues. With Angel Johnson out the interior is very soft.

Does any one know why Angel Johnson is out for the rest of the year ? Angle Johnson was the enforcer on the court for SMS this year. MM vs. SMS rematch of last year but 2 different teams this year. MM graduated some leadership and experience that was need to beat SMS last when Charise Holloway was out. This year SMS has more experience guards from the lost last year and more depth but without Angel Johnson rebounds and stats you don't see !! This will be a barn buster of a game Saturday!!!!
This post was edited on 3/18 11:38 AM by RespectBBGame

RespectBBGame

Angel Johnson is out for the rest of the season because she doesn't have the grades

This post was edited on 3/18 11:39 AM by CityBoy415

WOW that's 2 players in 2 years that had grade problems at SMS !! I always taught grades are more important then Basketball. Don't they do grade checks each week or every other week ?? I don't understand putting basketball before school because grades and a SAT gets a player into college!! Players that are close to failing a class shouldn't even be allowed to be on any kind of basketball court until studies are taken care of first !!! I'm not trying to blame anyone but there was a breakdown some where in their system to allow this to happen 2 years back to back!!!!!!!

RespectBBGame

Your right that is and two of their main players at that. I'm not sure what's going on there it doesn't make any sense to me. It all goes hand and hand. Can't have 10 D1 players if they can't get the grades. Although I didn't see 10 D1 players out there last night either. I hope Angel gets it together she's a good player

Me too hope Angel Johnson gets it together soon because she is a great enforcer on the court. There is no game is more important then the one in classroom. I taught going to such a prestige school as SMS they would caught this earlier and never let this happen. I guess basketball is more important the grades but grades will always catch up with the player!

2 players in 14 years Que!!!! I would say not bad. Don't try to once again bring SMS down . It's not going to happen.

Not trying to bring down no school at all but a player that needs help that help should be there at all times. I know you are not saying 2 players out 14 years is a good ratio because that's not acceptable at all. 0 in 14 years is a better ratio then that one. Winning means nothing if that student athlete not winning in the classroom. Haven't you heard that saying " Leave No Student Behind"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems that what happen these last 2 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is actually for players in 4 years. don't forget noni Kuumba and courtney range, who left St Marys to try to get better grades before she went to college.

Look at the number of posts of this poster. This one is #13. New on this board. The same pattern that existed when Ballersdreams began to post last mid-summer. Ironically the same time during which Small fry was exposed. They supported each others views for a very short time then, Small fry disappeared and Ballersdreams morphed into a more articulate poster. When this poster began to post Ballersdreams credibility was already on a serious downturn. I mean in respect to the general site population because it was always in the cr*ppper with some of us.

I believe this makes the quote " You can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time" very apropos to this situation. I would suggest that this poster learn it's lesson and take it to heart. More and more people will be able to recognize the red flags which define that the source and intent of all these posts are the same.

So something is wrong with the Academic accountability at St. Marys S? So this is the new twist for trash talking a program. "Trash talking"- the process of putting an idea into the head of someone that you yourself do not even believe is true. You just try to get your target to buy into the Bs so that they believe something to promote your agenda.

So this poster is not trying to blame anyone, but then states that there is a breakdown in the system. Total BS once again. The reality is that the academic standards at St. Mary's are higher. Students don't just chose it because of their basketball program but because of the academic standards as well. Those higher academic standards and expectations as does the level and standards of the basketball program, prepares the students for the next level. I would not suggest the situation from last year and the present one are similar. Every individual and their situations are different. There can be entirely different variables and circumstances at play. To imply that they are the same with out any real understanding of the actual situation involved purely to promote one's agenda of running down a program using students temporary issues as ammunition is uncalled for. It should have never even been brought up.

The very fact that a player of the athletic caliber of the student last year is eligible and playing basketball at another high school speaks to the emphasis and high standard of athletics at SMS. Not everyone is a natural scholar so it requires much more emphasis on their part in those area's. This can make it very difficult to maintain the simultaneous athletic and academic standards required at a school like SMS. It's not for everyone, so there should be no shame attached or involved in not being able to do so. All that can be expected is for them to do their best. And I believe their parents are the natural judge of that. The rest of us don't know diddly. They are in the best position to know what is in their children's best interests.

Some seasons ago a player was advised by a college asst. coach to transfer to another high school because it would be easier to get their GPA up at a less academically challenging school. This situation and ones that Respect-TG ( that's ironic) brought up does not reflect a program that does not emphasis academics, rather quite the opposite. This a major reason why parents pick SMS ( as the often do with other private schools) because they have and maintain standards that promote accountability and challenge their children to reach their potentials. This is a major reason why private schools seem to excel in athletics. It's because they place the same emphasis excelling in athletics that they do in academics. A lot of public schools seem to emphasis mediocrity. I am sure that their are many private as well as some public schools that also maintain high standards but it seems that SMS because it is a successful private school in the middle of substandard public school system that it seems to often be a target for attack from a variety of different agenda driven directions.

As I did with Ballersdreams, my response's are not directed at the poster because they don't actually even believe what they are posting. Rather, they are just trying to plant idea's into the heads of people who may not be privy to any contradicting facts. As BD's once stated about the purpose of trash talking-- It's getting into peoples heads. BD was was very good at that via recognizing a persons vulnerabilities and opportunistically planting ideas that served an agenda by utilizing the art of prevarication, all the while disguising intelligence and intent behind a facade of ignorance.

It seems to me that all public and private schools that maintain and promote higher standards should recognize and support each other rather than becoming rivals and running each other down. For example this Brookside Christian -St Mary's Rivalry is absurd counter productive to both their interests. They are both good alternatives to the substandard public schools in Stockton. They should unite in a common interest because the reality is that they are both in the cross hairs of a public school system that is looking for a scapegoats for their own policy failures.

Originally posted by CityBoy415:
RespectBBGame

Angel Johnson is out for the rest of the season because she doesn't have the grades

This post was edited on 3/18 11:39 AM by CityBoy415
Take note which poster happened to call out the missing SMS player based on grades. Could this be another TILT? Cityboy still can't get over his loss to SMS and is now vomiting up the crow he consumed. For shame to try to embarrass a young opponent and share such info on this message board. It's okay to get upset with me for exposing your mistake in claiming SHC would win by 10 and missing in your analysis the heart of the SMS team and their fans. But, to "try" to take it out on a SMS player, that is totally wrong. You should be ashamed.

Shame on RespectBBGame (aka. Ballerdreams) for "trying" to ride along with it. Total NCAA! No Class All Ass!

This post was edited on 3/18 3:07 PM by bulldogmgc

I believe norcalprep should be liable allowing this idiot to continue to bash young players . If it was my kid I would be hunting this person down . It is a personal situation and like I said norcalprep should be ashamed to let this continue to happen. It is a total embarrassment to the whole norcalprep organization.

This post was edited on 3/18 3:38 PM by Passionatedad

I know what you're saying Pdad, but NorCalPreps isn't the problem here. It's like saying the paper manufacturer is responsible for what gets printed in the newspaper. There are clear upsides to allowing anonymous posts on tne NCP forum, but thete are downsides also. This unfortunate situation exemplifies one of the downsides.

And NCP is somewhat powerless to control it. As we know, when a problem poster is sent away two or three of his other identities start posting. I guess we just have to be happy with the 90% of posts that are reasobable, and try not to obsess on the 10% that are not.

I actually contacted them on another issue created by the same guy and norcalprep edited it . They can edit anything they want to. To allow what they do makes this board a joke. I don't believe this is the intent of norcalprep. But, maybe I'm wrong.

As I said before bulldogmgc

If you have anything to direct towards me at all I'll be at both OPEN games this weekend and next with my SHC hoodie and hat on sitting a few rows up from mid court. You can't miss me. Let's not be chicken shit behind a message board. If you feel the need to say something to me or have a real issue with anything I've said please feel free to say it to my face. And that also goes for anybody else who has an issue with anything I've posted on this message board. I'm not hiding from anyone and stand behind everything I have posted 110%.

Hey CityBoy,

You need to take a serious break from this board. Anonymous is anonymous, and machismo is machismo. But really, the two don't mix. You can try to be a tough guy and basically challenge people to fight, but as long as you remain anonymous nobody gives a CRAP!

I remain anonymous so I can post what I feel, and no one can associate it with the kids I work with. But I don't challenge people to fight either. And I'm 70 years old, so beterr off not fighting anyway. Although back in the day I guarantee I could have wiped your butt all over the basketball court.

Just saying.

Take it easy guys. Cityboy did offer his congrats to SMS for winning right off the bat. He was just offering his opinion on the refs, but I never thought he was saying SMS would have lost or SHC would have won either way if the calls went there way. I took it as it was going to be a great game either way. He also stated SHC Thomas regardless of fouled or not didn't make some of her shots. Matter of fact, I think Cityboy wanted to tell all the naysayers that SHC was playing well and their defense did show up and they actually had a shot to win against the best team in California. People did say SMS would beat SHC by 20 points. Regarding, the kid, if Cityboy said she didn't play because the player did not meet academic eligibility would that been PC enough for you?

He did say she was a great player and hopes she gets it together. I don't think he was bashing her or the SMS program. Fact is, this is high school sports, and you know what, all schools have to help and stay on top of the students' grades, especially private schools. I commend St. Mary's for actually doing that to help the student for the future, matter of fact, it makes me think better of the program. As far as the comment, people saying maybe St. Marys' isn't doing it's job, that is ridiculous, obviously it is. Kids need to learn about accountability early and that academics come first before anything. Not every kid can make it thru private school or will get into one, all kids have to show they can meet the minimum academic demands.

For the life of me, I can't understand why anybody, whoever it is, would come on here and post a KID's personal business. I get it, pretty much everybody on here has an issue with SMS, does what they can to take digs at the program, coach, school, and players. How can you stand behind embarrassing a KID? Once again, I would like to remind you grown folks, kids are lurking. Does the hate for SMS run that deep? How desperate can you be to discredit SMS? The lowest of the low!!!!

I have nothing against the player Angel Johnson but letting a players fail a class without help. What do I mean by this why would a team let her play when she was having troubles in class. If a team grade checking each they would know now when a study having problems in a class. They would be able to get her extra help like a private school should and most do. I don't like when teams use players just to win on the court. When a players commits to a school to play for them they suppose to commit to help that study at all cost for school grades. But I know people want to say I'm attacking the player but not attack who let something like this happen 2 years in a row. This school talks so much but hates when the mirror is turn around so they can see themselves and what they do all the time. Once upon time they was talking about school not only in Stockton but in SAC, Fairfield and Modesto but I guess that all right as long as nobody talks about that school.

When the eyes are on them they always want to complain and cry about it. What about all them teams that you talk about and tell people why they shouldn't take their kid there?? I know all about that to much and very well !!!!! I know they school do let players play if they having grading problems and they give them the help they need !!!!!

I agree with you kkross. I have absolutely no respect for anyone who posts personal information about kids.

I've known of several players over the years who have had issues at school, or transferred because of problems. I've tried to help in a couple of cases, but mostly just kept quiet on tne others. Posting such information on a public forum is cowardly. CityBoy -- cowardly. Baller/Respect/Luv/Que -- cowardly.

Hey SouthBayHoopsFan,

I don't need to take a break from anything. Who are you to tell me what I need to or don't need to be doing. I didn't direct that comment towards you anyway so why your butting in that conversation is a bit more confusing to me. But again this is a message board and open forum so do feel free to speak your mind.

In no way am I portraying myself as a tough guy or challenging anybody to a fight. However, there is a line of respect that I do have for myself personally and if I feel a person or situation is getting out of hand then I will address it in my own way. Going back and fourth about a game or some players or who a person chooses to root for is one thing but some folks on here chose to go beyond that because there able to hide behind a message board. If you feel like you want to remain anonymous that's your choice just as it is if I want to make my identity known. I don't have anything to hide. I'm not on here bashing any programs or kids so I don't have any problems welcoming anyone to meet me in person to talk about anything.

If your 70 then talking about what you think you might have done some years ago is irrelevant right now. If you can't guarantee it now then it may be best to keep that opinion to yourself. I'm as confident as you are and at 21 or 70 you don't want to see me on a basketball court, football field or boxing ring for that matter.

....Just saying

You don't get RespectBBGame! Some things should be off limits, I don't care what school or program it is. The fact you guys are on here mentioning a KID's name is not ok. It's an unfortunate situation. But honestly, none of y'all really care about the kid, too busy trying to capitalize, by any means necessary, by trying to make the program/ school look bad. Sad!!!

Furthermore I am not here to hate and do NOT hate SMS and haven't said one negative thing about SMS AT ALL. Someone asked a question as to why the kid didn't play and I answered the question. I did not continue to bash the program or coach or anyone else. I did not go in on the kid for not getting the grades. She didn't make the grades this period and that's that. It happens. SMS isn't the only school that has had students not get the grades before. This happens all the time all over the country. This is a public forum of conversation. Everyone doesn't have to agree with what other post on here. I haven't disrespected any kids or programs on here period.

CityBoy415, I really pegged you to be smarter than that. So RespectBBGame, who obviously already knew the answer to the question, throws it out there as bait, and you bit. Half of the questions people ask on here, trying to be messy, I know the answers to, could easily give all the facts. As an adult it's my responsibility to decipher what I should share on here, especially in regards to someone else's kid. Maybe you didn't have a lot to say regarding the kid, but there's nothing you can say that will make what you did ok. Rule of thumb, hopefully something we all try to instill in our children, if you wouldn't want someone to do it to or say it about you, then don't do it or say it about them. My question to you, no need to give me an answer, but just be honest with yourself. If this was your kid, exactly how do you think you would feel if someone simply answered the question? And before you think it, nobody really thinks, goes into it, thinking it will be their kid.

kkross22

I do respect your opinions but let's not question my intelligence for something I responded to on here. It seems like a lot of folks on here have chose sides or what not and that's fine. I walk alone on this board and don't have any alliances to anyone. I don't think it's a big deal that the kid doesn't have the grades people make mistakes and this is obviously one of them more so on the coaches and the parents. I'm not here to be liked or to be accepted so I'm sure there will be things that I say that many don't agree with. However, back to what I stated before. I haven't disrespected anyone, any kid or any program. I have lied about any players or programs on here either.

In terms of if it was my kid or not. As a parent myself if my kids were not eligible I wouldn't mind anybody posting anything on a message board about it all. For the simple reason that I believe that a part of being eligible is shared by the parents, coaches and students. As a parent I'm on top of my kids grades every week. So instead of worrying about what those are posting on message boards I would be focused on what I needed to do to get my kids grades on track. It's not the end of the world. She will recover from this and hopefully learn a valuable lesson.

Alls I know , if it was my daughter you were talking about , you would be meeting me . That's rediciolious , how stupid are you . I love that kid

This is a public forum. If a star player that was an integral part of the team is not playing, I'm sure people would want to know. I agree they don't need all the details or whatever disciplinary reasons kids get benched this quarter may be, but it is worth a simple answer, not a detailed answer.

BTW, What happened to the junior Trzur Lee of SHC did she get injured? I noticed she has not been playing the last couple of games. Please I don't want to start controversy, if someone can answer, please do, if you can't, please don't. Thank you.

Good Win for SM. I hope SM regroups and play more disciplined this weekend. Not only in their play but in their body language and attitudes. I didn't like the fact the players questioned every call and when they were substituted in for their body language wasn't good. But I guess it is allowed from the coaches.

BB- it appears you are once again making baseless accusations. How do you know the school didn't offer support and extra help? It appears to me that it's not "all about winning" or they would have swept things under the rug and found a way to make her eligible. It happens all the time. Let me be a bit presumptive and interpret your remarks to mean that the school should "help the student succeed in their academics at all costs". Maybe having the student athlete miss a basketball game was done for that exact purpose. Do you know otherwise?

Seems to me there is an argument that SMS took the right approach, an approach opposite of our beloved 49ers when they permitted domestic violence offender Ray McDonald to play until proven guilty. All in the name of winning. And as expected, that approach of questionable integrity resulted in eventual failure. Poor Ray, that's what can happen when you coddle a player. And don't hold them accountable. Sounds like you may be all wet in your analysis.

Who from SMS "cried" about the academic Ineligibility of a player? It sounds like another inflammatory, but false allegation. Please stop.

Your knowledge and understanding is right up there with your post from earlier in the week when you wrote that "rankings don't matter this time of year". In fact, this is the only time of year when they do matter. Rankings determine which teams go to Open. They determine your seeding, and thus whether or not a team will receive home court advantage.

Passionatedad

As I've stated before several times I don't have a problem meeting you or anybody else on this forum. I haven't lied, or bashed anybody or program. I'll extend that invitation to you as well as anybody else who would like to meet me in person. I'm not the person to hide behind a message board behind the computer.

SouthBayHoopFan posted on 3/18/2015...
I agree with you kkross. I have absolutely no respect for anyone who posts personal information about kids.

I've known of several players over the years who have had issues at school, or transferred because of problems. I've tried to help in a couple of cases, but mostly just kept quiet on tne others. Posting such information on a public forum is cowardly. CityBoy -- cowardly. Baller/Respect/Luv/Que -- cowardly.

SouthBayHoopFan I would hope by now that you know im not Que ??? Since you think you know everything I'm not Baller/Respect/CityBoy !?!? Me Luvthegame21 has never put any kid name nor have I ever talked down about any kid on this Blog. Check my history PROFESSOR just because im a Brookside fan that makes me a Coward............... ? I didn't think you was a hater but i guess i was wrong !?!? Do your home work!?!?

thanks...I just thought about it, she was good against SI, they didn't know what to do with her...
wink.r191677.gif

This is a more important topic, and a tougher one, than just bashing individual posters, I think ...

So on the one hand, we have a certain obligation to respect the privacy of individuals, especially young ones.

On the other, we have a system that rewards schools (through publicity, enrollment, etc.), coaches (camps, respect, opportunities) and players (scholarships) for their success in basketball.

The attention that is paid to girls' basketball teams and players is a reward, a positive, and can result in significant gains for those involved. Without that attention, none of the rewards exist. No scholarships, worth at least $150,000 at the D1 level, no preferred admission, etc.

With that attention, which creates the rewards, comes questioning. If a girl scores 35 points in a game, or makes a key play, she gets headlines and if she does it often enough, she gets a very real payday, and a significant one. And if an important player suddenly disappears off a roster, that same attention that gets her a reward now shifts to why she's not playing.

So are questions about why she's not playing legitimate? Is it wrong to ask the question?

Now, it's OK to answer the question if she's hurt, and that answer actually might have a bigger impact on her chances to get that big reward. A torn ACL can take a scholarship away in a heartbeat (and I coached a player that happened to), but we report that with no hesitation.

Yet answering the question and saying it's an academic issues is wrong, even though that can be fixed and may have a much lesser impact on a girl's career.

There are differences, of course, but I do think this discussion is worth having (without bashing) because it's really at the heart of high school athletics. We could not talk about them at all, have no coverage, no state tournament, no scholarships, and no one's injuries or grades would ever be mentioned.

But if we do talk about them, where is the line drawn about what's OK and what's not OK when a player suddenly disappears from a roster? A vague "personal reasons" will lead to all sorts of unsavory speculation (drugs, etc.) but maybe that's the best way to go. But to not even comment at all counters the general idea that all this matters in some way, and if a girl scores 25 points a game, she should get headlines and a free education.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT