ADVERTISEMENT

St. Mary's/Jason Kidd Select 2024 G Jordan Lee narrows list

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Lee has a top 11 of Michigan, South Carolina, Baylor, Louisville, Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Flordia State, Stanford, Arizona and USC.

Only three of 11 are from the Pac-12.

Question is do she wants to go to one of the schools where she will have to sit? Or go to one of the schools where she can play right away....

Lee has a top 11 of Michigan, South Carolina, Baylor, Louisville, Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Flordia State, Stanford, Arizona and USC.

Only three of 11 are from the Pac-12.
She’s tough. Watched her a couple times last year down stretch. Honestly don’t think she will have a hard time playing wherever she ends up.

is she playing at open gym premier this weekend? i saw coaches from all those schools there this weekend recruiting.

if she can play, she will be able to play right away wherever
Not always the case when you got dogs in line before you and it's a top tier program.
ESPN
Says Lee 9, KSmith 13 and Cheli 15
Some people think the opposite order
I feel like Jordan Lee has the most upside although all the two other players can play. I think with some good college coaching Jordan will get even better which will be scary.

USA Basketball likes Cheli best, for whatever that's worth, and she's played well at every level.

Not always the case when you got dogs in line before you and it's a top tier program.

I feel like Jordan Lee has the most upside although all the two other players can play. I think with some good college coaching Jordan will get even better which will be scary.
then she aint a dog.

So Sue steps on the court and makes Morgan Cheli better?

Of the three, I think Cheli has the highest ceiling because she's a 6-1 or 6-2 wing.

Smith is an effective power forward at this level, but in the WNBA, she will be a little undersized. Lee is also a wing, but is three inches shorter than Cheli, and size matters.

But I guess because Sue Phillips is involved, Cheli must not be that good.

It is fun to have a legit discussion on who the best prospect is in NorCal. Doesn’t happen very often by the time of the rising senior summer

I don't believe there is any question that these 3 girls are the real deal. I just think Lee has the most upside. Players will evolve in college. Some will get better in college and some will exist as the competitive landscape begins to even out. It's yet to be seen how these three young ladies evolve in college because they ar still in high school. But I believe Lee has the most potential to go further and will play guard in college. I do believe they will all be succeed though.

Reactions: NorCalHoopz
I don't believe there is any question that these 3 girls are the real deal. I just think Lee has the most upside. Players will evolve in college. Some will get better in college and some will exist as the competitive landscape begins to even out. It's yet to be seen how these three young ladies evolve in college because they ar still in high school. But I believe Lee has the most potential to go further and will play guard in college. I do believe they will all be succeed though.
you used a lot of words to say very little. WHY do you think that she has more potential than the other 2? What makes you say that? And I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious to your personal reasons.

smith = lebron james
lee = james harden
cheli = jason kidd

their style of play, not their longevity or impact at the pro level

I think Lee has the potential to be very good. She's a good defender, has added to her game, and is definitely a leader. She has average size for her position in college and beyond, so the question will be whether she's athletic enough to excel at the next levels. Obviously, she's very athletic, but so is every other P5 wing.

Cheli's size gives her an edge because she doesn't have to be as athletic, given her height and wingspan can offset a minor gap in quickness. I'm not sure she's a point guard, though, and she certainly can shoot better than Kidd could at the same age. I see her as a wing, and if she's as athletic as the average P5 wing, she'll be a bigtime player.

You can't really tell about the athleticism until they get to college and start playing 22-year-olds who've been in serious strength and conditioning programs for four years.

you used a lot of words to say very little. WHY do you think that she has more potential than the other 2? What makes you say that? And I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious to your personal reasons.

I actually said a lot if you have enough inside experience at the college level in a sport. I'm not gonna explain it to you so if you don't follow that's fine. It's not meant to be anyone else's opinion but my own and I am entitled to that. You sound like you have a dog in this fight where I don't. I'm just making an observation after watching them all play. Ultimately as I said previously all 3 of the young ladies are ballers! I just don't believe Lee's potential has been truly tapped based on what I've seen with the SMS system of play and she is a exceptional overall athlete. But we will see when they get to the next level and all the players were the top player at their high school.

Lee makes everyone around her better.
Smith is a pitbull who should well at the next level.
Cheli is a solid player that’s very skilled but definitely is not a PG.

I just don't believe Lee's potential has been truly tapped based on what I've seen with the SMS system of play and she is a exceptional overall athlete.
Again, alot of words when this was the answer I was looking for. No dog in the fight, just genuinely curious as to what helped you form that opinion that you are obviously entitled to have. If not for that, then why the hell are we all here? To get perspective from others that get to see other kids more, or see them in a different setting. I have seen Jordan Lee play very few times, Cheli maybe a dozen times, and Smith only on tv in the state game. So yea, I was hoping for a little more insight than "players evolve in college and some get better and some don't". Thanks for your more insightful response though!

Cheli is a solid player that’s very skilled but definitely is not a PG.
I only said that because she plays PG at Mitty and PG for the Cal Stars. Each are one of the top teams in their arena, so why wouldn't you call her a PG?

Again, alot of words when this was the answer I was looking for. No dog in the fight, just genuinely curious as to what helped you form that opinion that you are obviously entitled to have. If not for that, then why the hell are we all here? To get perspective from others that get to see other kids more, or see them in a different setting. I have seen Jordan Lee play very few times, Cheli maybe a dozen times, and Smith only on tv in the state game. So yea, I was hoping for a little more insight than "players evolve in college and some get better and some don't". Thanks for your more insightful response though!

I only said that because she plays PG at Mitty and PG for the Cal Stars. Each are one of the top teams in their arena, so why wouldn't you call her a PG?
She will not be a PG at the next level. She’s a 2 guard that can bring the ball up. Big difference. And who else would Mitty have run point last year that would be comfortable with the ball ? She was the best candidate.

College - a different story.

Reactions: ClayK and OnBall8
She will not be a PG at the next level. She’s a 2 guard that can bring the ball up. Big difference. And who else would Mitty have run point last year that would be comfortable with the ball ? She was the best candidate.

Is your concern her playing offense as a college PG or defense? Or both?

Reactions: OnBall8
On the same AAU team as Lee, is Harper Peterson (Whitney). Used to be ranked pretty high in previous years, I think she is closer to 50 in ESPN's rankings now. Another kid I have only seen play 1 one time in person and was not overly impressed, but shes got a recent offer from Stanford and plenty of others before the cardinal.

Thoughts on her game and how it translates to the next level, and P5 specifically since that is where she will likely end up?

No different than Haley Jones at Stanford. She ran the point 50% of the time, especially against big defenders. Neither Morgan or Haley are the classic "pass first' PG, but easily handle the position. Will Morgn fill that role at UConn? Depends if they have a better fit at the position, but she can certainly play PG in college.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT