ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Game Thread: Day 2

Sierra Canyon up 23-15 with 607 left Q2. De Jesus and Chevalier have combined for 19 points for SC.

Pinewood is 6-for-18 from the field and are -7 rebounding

Sierra Canyon leads Pinewood 31-25 at halftime.

SC is 5-for-15 from 3s. Pinewood is 3-for-12 on 3s.

Sierra Canyon starts on a 9-0 run to lead Pinewood 40-25 with 437 left Q3

Sierra Canyon up 48-30 with 234 left Q3.

Pinewood just doesn't have much open space for their offense

Pinewood ends Q3 on a 10-2 run and trail Sierra Canyon 50-40.

Courtni Thompson had five quick points to end the quarter

Pinewood gets within 8:

Pinewood Turnover
SC layup
Pinewood quick 3
SC jumper

Lead back to 12

Sierra Canyon leads 57-45 with 348 left.

Feels like Pinewood lost their best chance to get back into the game at the start of the quarter

Sierra Canyon wins its first Open Division title with a 69-51 win over Pinewood.

Sierra Canyon had too much length and were able to get that third scorer Pinewood couldn't find tonight.

Sierra Canyon is the probable preseason #1 in the country next year..(at least top 5)

With the huge graduation of stud seniors in the North and next years senior class not nearly as strong as this years....let me be the 1st to state...YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE IN THE NORTH OPEN NEXT YEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY DREAMS OF WINNING A STATE TITLE....it is NOT happening.

I might even go so far as to say the NORTH may get running clocked in the OPEN Championship next season....

book mark this prediction

7 Open winners in 7 years. Only Pinewood and Windward have made multiple trips to the finals and they each have 2.

It is a long road to get to the final girls game of the year

7 Open winners in 7 years. Only Pinewood and Windward have made multiple trips to the finals and they each have 2.

It is a long road to get to the final girls game of the year

Next year in the north the pickings are slim at the top (Im sure we will have a thread soon on NCP about next years favorites in the north)....even if someone beats SC in the South OPEN they will crush the North rep...Next year in the North may be the 1st time since the OPEN has been instituted that we don't truly have any big dawg girls teams.

Next year in the north the pickings are slim at the top (Im sure we will have a thread soon on NCP about next years favorites in the north)....even if someone beats SC in the South OPEN they will crush the North rep...Next year in the North may be the 1st time since the OPEN has been instituted that we don't truly have any big dawg girls teams.

Agreed. Should be the weakest Open rep the North will send since the division started

My original text had "will be" and then I switched to "should be" before posting to account for that :)

My god the North is going to get absolutely rolled in the state title game next year.

you mean the open division...competitive equity will allow the other divisions to be fair. ;) haha
We can just throw one bait fish into the open division, then take the best 5 teams and spread them out over the other 5 divisions. State championships galore!

one or two transfers could tilt that in a heartbeat!

Speaking of transfers, that prime commodity transformed Rosary of Fullerton this year. The Royals grabbed three key kids from other schools and rolled to the CIF Division I title vs. O'Dowd. Writer Harold Abend has pointed out that Rosary's resume' was forged in the huge, tough Southern Section where the Royals did not win a section ballgame (0-3 in the SS Open Division bracket); it was the first time that's happened to a state champion. They did not win a league championship either. Mater Dei annexed the Trinity crown. Once again, you can argue that the SS (sorry about the disturbing historical coincidence) is really a separate state within a state at this point.

Reactions: cmyxover
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT