ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Games: Saturday

Justin-Siena leads 17-16 with 2:39 left in the half. Scripps Ranch has had some success with press, but haven't been able to turn it into points

Scripps Ranch leads 22-21 at the half. SR made a pair of threes late in the half

Danger zone for J-S…. They need to have some shots fall.

Taking care of the rock would help, too.

Scripps Ranch leads 34-25 end Q3. Scripps Ranch has nine blocks and 14 steals

Scripps Ranch wins 46-37. Big game from Jax Leatherwood, who was the QB on their state champion football team

Would love to know how many kids have a state football and state basketball ring in the same season. Who actually have key roles. Safe to say some reserves over the years. But a QB and huge contributor in hoops. Pretty rare I would think

Last edited:
Reactions: remc and ayalar09
Would love to know how many kids have a state football and stage basketball ring in the same season. Who actually have key roles. Safe to say some reserves many over the years. But a QB and huge contributor in hoops. Pretty rare I would think
I think it is four total and I want to say St. Pats is the only NorCal team to do it. But yes a QB who has that impact in basketball is very rare

Reactions: ayalar09
I think it is four total and I want to say St. Pats is the only NorCal team to do it. But yes a QB who has that impact in basketball is very rare

Not sure if California has an Overall Athlete of the year Award...but if it does Jax Leatherwood (Great Name Btw) should be the front-runner!

Would love to know how many kids have a state football and state basketball ring in the same season. Who actually have key roles. Safe to say some reserves over the years. But a QB and huge contributor in hoops. Pretty rare I would think
Would say John Paye, Menlo High off the top of my head. Pretty sure Menlo won CIF in both basketball when he played and when he was the QB of the football team.

Reactions: remc
Elk Grove leads 13-10 end Q1. EG has six turnovers, but has limited Foothill's offensive rebounds to stay in the lead

Elk Grove leads 20-15 with 350 left in teh half. Elk Grove is 3-for-6 from 3 point range. Foothill is 0-for-6

That guy, “Media” calls another time out…

20-15 Elk Grove with 3:49 left.

Three gigantic plays in a row by Ameere Britton of Elk Grove.. A stepback 3, then a driving layup, then a steal. EG up 39-33, 1:30 in the 3rd.

Reactions: Streak One
Story of the game: 3 point sooting

Elk Grove: 7-for-13
Foothill 1-for-11

Britton just got his 3rd foul, but stays in…

Hess hits a 3 for EG…. 42-34.

Elk Grove leads 49-43 with 4:09 left. Foothill has made a few runs, but Elk Grove has answered each time with a big shot

Drive to the hole by Britton, he’s fouled, 2 shots…. 49-45. First missed, 2nd good. 50-45. 2:09 left.

EG grabs a miss, foul, double bonus. Time for the Herd to put this title away…

2 FT’s good, but Foothill hits a 3. 52-48, 1:47 left.

Drive and 2 FT’s fot, guess who? Ameere Britton. Both good…. 54-48.

Another EG stop…. 1:01 left, foul 1 of 2 for EG…

55-48, but Britton fouls out…. Both FT’s off that foul missed, EG rebound, hack-n-hope in full force.

Quick Foothill score, and time out. 56-50.

40.8 seconds left.

Only a few hacks and hopes left, I promise…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT