ADVERTISEMENT

This is COUGAR country!!

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
And, I’m right in the middle of it! YES! IN the gym!!!

Coug girls are currently smacking the winless Las Lomas, Knights, up 37-13. at the half. Game running a good bit late due to Senior Night festivites.

Reactions: concrete17
Girls git ‘er done. 67-30.

Time for the Boys Senior Night ceremony…

I have no heard that Aidan Mahaney played a little last night vs. Miramonte.

He is dressed to play tonight, hand taped up pretty heavily. My guess is he’ll play a minor role tonight if he plays at all. The four excellent seniors we have should get the central role anyway.

Knights strike first on a post entry layup, but Cade is fouled on a drive…. 1 of 2 from the line. 2-1 LL.

LL hits a 3…. Callas drives, nuthin ya can do about it, scores, fouled… missed FT. 5-3 LL.

Max takes a charge…

Still 5-3 LL…. 4:55 left 1st.

SWEET Callas to Radell pass for a layup…. tied at 5.

O’Reilly nails a 3…. 8-5 Cougs.

Cade Bennett takes a charge!

Callas hook shot misssed, but Chase steals and scores! 10-5.

LL fouled, 2 shots, 1 of 2. 10-6.

Callas with a corner 3…. 13-6.

LL loses it OB, Aidan makes his first appearance.

Chase takes and makes a 3! 16-6.

Chase drives and scores…. 18-6.

O’Reilly nails a 3 after another Coug stop…. 21=6.

LL turns it over again, time out…. 30 seconds left in the quarter, and it’s already looking blowout-ish.

Pass in to Callas…. drives, shoots, misses… rebounds, misses, 3rd time’s the charm…. buzzer. 23-6.

LL nails a 3…. 23-9.

Aidan great pass to Radell, turns around defender and scores…. LL scores, is fouled…. FT miss. 25-11

Callas fouled on a drive down left egde of the paint…. FT’s split. 26-11.

#5 for LL looks long and athletic.. drive on Callas draws a foul. FT’s both fall. 26-13.

Long 2 for LL. 26-13, O’Reilly nails a 3…. LL nails a 3…. Callas drive down baseline for 2…. 31-19.

LL rebounding foul put O’Reilly on the line…. front end goes, back end not. 32-19.

Great pass to Callas who takes ‘er down low…. is fouled. FT’s both go. 34-19

Steal at half court…. O’Reilly grabs it, drives, and JAMS IT DOWN! 36-19.

Now Cade Bennett goes baseline and scores…. finally LL has an answer. 38-21.

Aidan steals at halfcourt, is grabbed from behind, flagrant foul called. scores anyway on the foul. makes a FT on top of it. 41-21.

Aidan pass to Cade… 3 ball goes! 44-21. Cougs steal it again…. Cade fouled, FT’s both go. 46-21. still 3 min. left in the half.

And LL beats the press, but hurries a pass and tosses it away…. Yasukochi scores! 48-21. Finally LL gets a bucket…. 48-23.

Callas scores on an almost-dunk that falls anyway…. LL fouled, sinks one, fouled on the rebound, misses both FT’s there, but rebounds and scores. kinda wild sequence. 50-27.

Cougs work it for a late shot, nice pass down low to Callas for a score. Halftime…. 52-27.

Think I’ll ease down (a little) on Rivals’ poor servers now…. fewer reports coming in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
End of 3…. Cougs lead 63-33.

Unofficially, Callas has led the Cougs attack with 22.

75-41 final…. grarbage time was even fun…

Hm... "grarbage time". Honest, I wasn't having *that* much fun... :)

Last edited:
19 straight wins dating to last seasons CIF playoffs, how long can the Cougars go next year?

Will be interesting to be sure... Callas and Chase B. don't grow on trees, not easy to replace those two even with all the good stuff we do have returning... And Steve Dyer will schedule TOUGH for Aidan's senior season.

Callas getting any college interest? I think he can play in the right program. Really fine player.

Callas... I have not seen anything anywhere about his recruiting (if any), and I have done quite a bit of sniffing at various websites to no avail. I agree that he should have interest from somewhere, although he may be kind of a 'tweener at the next level, since at first glance he appears to be an inside guy without enough height (but plenty of strength!). I think he's more than that, but maybe if one doesn't watch him play often enough, his potential may get missed by scouts that are there to see the more obvious stud Aidan Mahaney.

Callas... I have not seen anything anywhere about his recruiting (if any), and I have done quite a bit of sniffing at various websites to no avail. I agree that he should have interest from somewhere, although he may be kind of a 'tweener at the next level, since at first glance he appears to be an inside guy without enough height (but plenty of strength!). I think he's more than that, but maybe if one doesn't watch him play often enough, his potential may get missed by scouts that are there to see the more obvious stud Aidan Mahaney.

callas can def play d2 scholarship. He’s 6-4/6”5 with a much improved outside game and guard skills the last 2 years. He plays like he’s 6”6-6”7 and can guard multiple positions. He will be a good player for somebody. He’s competed at a high level both for campo and aau.

Chico st, Humboldt, Pomona ... he would be on my radar.

Reactions: observer22
He should try and walk on to a D1 team. I think he could play for a USF, UC Santa Barbara, etc.
walk on for what? he isnt growing and he doesnt shoot or handle well enough for those D1 programs. 6'5 barely gets it done JC basketball if you play in the post. He will be able to play somewhere but lots of times kids do not want to face the truth. (I was one of those kids)

Callas reminds me of Jake Killingsworth (Serra) from a few years back. He has had a solid career at Columbia/UCSB

walk on for what? he isnt growing and he doesnt shoot or handle well enough for those D1 programs. 6'5 barely gets it done JC basketball if you play in the post. He will be able to play somewhere but lots of times kids do not want to face the truth. (I was one of those kids)

I said Walk On. Not Scholarship. He could play the 2 or 3 off the bench. Maybe he goes to a D2 or D3 school, but i've seen a lot worse players walk on to to programs like USF and USD.

Btw to the guy who took a shot at USD, we have been to the NCAA Tournament more recently than USF. Not to mention our program is actually rising, while USF's is flailing. USD could be a top 3 team in the WCC next year.

I said Walk On. Not Scholarship. He could play the 2 or 3 off the bench. Maybe he goes to a D2 or D3 school, but i've seen a lot worse players walk on to to programs like USF and USD.

Btw to the guy who took a shot at USD, we have been to the NCAA Tournament more recently than USF. Not to mention our program is actually rising, while USF's is flailing. USD could be a top 3 team in the WCC next year.

Who took a shot at USD @ayalar09 ? Let me at em!!!

that was my point. why walk on if you think you can actually play somewhere. yes there are worse walk ons but this guy could play minutes somewhere on scholarship.
and being top 3 in the wcc is not much. riordan can beat 5 wcc teams

I’ve watched a lot of kids like him over the years. At minimum he’s a high d2 scholarship player. Chico, Humboldt, Pomona, etc. you have to remember he’s competed and played against some of the best and has done very well. He’s very use to the center stage. Doesn’t have a true position but has made a lot of improvements to his outside game. I think his best bet is to play d2 and he will be a solid contributor. No doubt he would make wcc d1 team as a walk on and maybe earn a scholarship down the road but I don’t see him as a d1 player and that is no knock on him. I really think he’s a great player.

Reactions: observer22

I loved the CLAP back from USD supporter, but to be honest? You may be on LinkedIn for a coach after next year if they don’t even make a 3rd tier “pay to play” post season

Any insight on where mahaney is leaning?
I would love him to play on WC. St Mary’s would be awesome but that is 50 yards from campo.

If he doesn't go to St.Marys I'd be highly surprised. Hometown hero and early minutes. He is a must have for SMC

If he doesn't go to St.Marys I'd be highly surprised. Hometown hero and early minutes. He is a must have for SMC

Or Pac 12, early minutes, close to home and much top of the entire world level degree

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT