ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers become eligible tomorrow

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
I know two that I am looking forward to watching:

Elijah Hayeems (Stuart Hall)
Nes Emeneke (Riordan)

I suspect that sooner or later high school players are going to file a lawsuit against the CIF similar to what the second transfers just did in West Virginia with the NCAA and (NCAA Division I Bylaw 14.5.5.1 requiring second transfers to sit out) and a court might rule, just like Judge Bailey did in the NCAA case, that these CIF automatic sit out periods are not enforceable.

I suspect that sooner or later high school players are going to file a lawsuit against the CIF similar to what the second transfers just did in West Virginia with the NCAA and (NCAA Division I Bylaw 14.5.5.1 requiring second transfers to sit out) and a court might rule, just like Judge Bailey did in the NCAA case, that these CIF automatic sit out periods are not enforceable.
The only problem is that these rules vary from state to state athletic association. Every state has different rules regarding transfers. The NCAA is one body governing the entire athletics of ALL colleges. So to compare NCAA to CIF is like comparing apples to oranges.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT