ADVERTISEMENT

Vei Moala (Grant/Cal) has passed away

Anytime something like this happens it’s a shock. I saw Vei and those Pacers teams play a lot. One of the best d-lineman I’ve had to privilege to see at the HS level.

My son graduated in 2013 so hearing about a young man basically my own son’s age really makes it hit harder.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and Pacer Nation.

Man, it hits hard hearing this news. I've been trying to process this for the last few days. Big V wasn't just a player; he was a gentle giant with a loving smile, a role model, and a true force on that defensive line. I'm telling you, one of the best high school nose guards I've ever seen. I can still recall the shockwaves he sent through the field when he burst onto the scene in his sophomore year. You're thinking, 'Who's this big kid wreaking havoc?' And then you find out he's just a sophomore! Mind-blowing.

But the real spectacle, the stuff of legends, was in that State Open Championship game against Long Beach Poly. Big V, man, he was tearing through their offensive line like it was paper. Poly couldn't run the ball up the middle, not with Big V there like a solid brick wall. And those announcers, they couldn't hold back the praise, talking about his future prospects like he was born for greatness.

Rest in peace, Tiny. Your impact on the game and on the community is etched in history. You've left a legacy that's going to echo through the ages. Salute, my man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT