ADVERTISEMENT

Way Too Early 2023-24 Top NorCal Teams

jordan24

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2002
Who do you have as the projected top NorCal teams assuming the returning rosters remain?
  • St. Joseph's
  • Salesian
  • Sheldon
  • St Ignatius
  • Branson
  • Riordan
  • DeLaSalle
  • Jesuit
  • Dublin
  • San Ramon Valley
  • Monte Vista
  • Moreau Catholic
  • Clovis North
  • Clovis West
  • Mitty
  • Modesto Christian
  • University
  • Vanden

Without having looked very close yet, the ones that stick out to me are SRV, CVC, St Joseph. These three have almost everyone coming back.

Reactions: jordan24
Who do you have as the projected top NorCal teams assuming the returning rosters remain?
  • St. Joseph's
  • Salesian
  • Sheldon
  • St Ignatius
  • Branson
  • Riordan
  • DeLaSalle
  • Jesuit
  • Dublin
  • San Ramon Valley
  • Monte Vista
  • Moreau Catholic
  • Clovis North
  • Clovis West
  • Mitty
  • Modesto Christian
  • University
  • Vanden
Good list and its wayyyyyyy to early.😜

My Cougs lose a whole lot this year, hard to imagine them being all that strong next season... BUT, they have Coach Dyer, a few solid pieces from this year's team, and very strong 2023 JV and frosh teams to grab guys from next go-round.

But CVC will probably be a rather heavy favorite in the DFAL next year.

Without having looked very close yet, the ones that stick out to me are SRV, CVC, St Joseph. These three have almost everyone coming back.
I believe Salesian has almost everyone coming back. Is it November yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: larry legend33
Branson should be really good next year with Butler and Carr coming back and a very good supporting cast.

• St. Joseph's
  • Salesian
  • Sheldon
  • St Ignatius
  • Branson
  • Riordan
  • DeLaSalle
  • Jesuit
  • Dublin
  • San Ramon Valley
  • Monte Vista
  • Moreau Catholic
  • Clovis North
  • Clovis West
  • Mitty
  • Modesto Christian
  • University
  • Vanden
Assuming the returning rosters remain is a big assumption in the transfer portal era lol

I would put Salesian as the preseason Bay Area No. 1 assuming players stay intact. If Claytor or one of the other guards can become a more consistent outside shooter, good luck.

We have been working hard this week. Line-up for 2023/24 is shaping up. No doubt Rashod Cotton will lead the team at point guard. I say the way things are developing Crusaders should be in the Nor-Cal top 5.

We have been working hard this week. Line-up for 2023/24 is shaping up. No doubt Rashod Cotton will lead the team at point guard. I say the way things are developing Crusaders should be in the Nor-Cal top 5.
Well you will have a bunch of new stud players…. So I hope so.

Reactions: M.C. fan
This Modesto scrimmage showcase is a terrific event; great way to preview a whole bunch of next year’s top teams, all in one swoop.

Last edited:
Reactions: M.C. fan
Jordan doesnt even have Clayton Valley on this list at all and they Won the Section title! LoL

Riordan should be in the mix again. They return 3 starters - WCAL 1st team 6'5" wing Jasir Rencher, 6'5" forward Nathan Tshamala, and 6'3" guard Andrew Hilman. 6'3" G Kaia Berridge, 6'8" Alex Kuminga and 6'9" Lolo Taaga will compete for starting roles. Tshamala, Taaga and Berridge will be seniors.

Last edited:
Reactions: OtherBrotha
We dont need to speculate about next year. Transfers are fluid all the time and saying "x" will be back next season is not guaranteed. This is the state of high school sports, like it or not.

Totally off topic but Aidan U who was placed in the West Region is playing their first two rounds in Albany NY - WTF! Hopefully Aidan rebounds from a subpar performance in round 1. I wonder if they next play in Portland (ME) if they win to advance to the Sweet 16 vs Kansas or Arkansas ;-).

Totally off topic but Aidan U who was placed in the West Region is playing their first two rounds in Albany NY - WTF! Hopefully Aidan rebounds from a subpar performance in round 1. I wonder if they next play in Portland (ME) if they win to advance to the Sweet 16 vs Kansas or Arkansas ;-).
Yea. Lets hope he rebounds since he's so SPECIAL. Lol.

Yea. Lets hope he rebounds since he's so SPECIAL. Lol.
This dude couldn’t wait to fire away after someone mentioned Aidan’s name. Guess he forgot that other freshmen’s 2/11 5pt game and a few other 6 and 8 point games. Now that’s special and ironically nobody has said Aidan is special. And nobody has knocked the other freshmen. Anyways Aidan is dancing. Not bad for a 18 year old kid from Campolindo of all places.

Logan Johnson (St. Francis) having a very good senior campaign and opening round in NCAA’s for the Gaels.

This dude couldn’t wait to fire away after someone mentioned Aidan’s name. Guess he forgot that other freshmen’s 2/11 5pt game and a few other 6 and 8 point games. Now that’s special and ironically nobody has said Aidan is special. And nobody has knocked the other freshmen. Anyways Aidan is dancing. Not bad for a 18 year old kid from Campolindo of all places.
wait 1 minute. everyone said he is more than special. they even said he was the best freshman in the country.

• Haha
Reactions: MC415
We dont need to speculate about next year. Transfers are fluid all the time and saying "x" will be back next season is not guaranteed. This is the state of high school sports, like it or not.
Absolutely correct, but I was just going with the original post "assuming all rosters remain the same." Riordan has been playing the transfer carousel for the last several years now. Last season, 2 players transferred out (KJ Wilhite, Q Bundage), but 3 transferred in (Tshamala, Berridge, Taaga).

availability of arenas and tv issues. next round will be in vegas. if yall around hit me i will be there for thur and sat games. lets hit sapphire

wait 1 minute. everyone said he is more than special. they even said he was the best freshman in the country.
Everyone, can you share that please. Cause that would be flat out stupid to think a male athlete from the area would be the best. Now women’s, yeah we see how Sabrina worked it out. But ain’t nobody on here said Aidan was the best frosh in the nation. I will be glad to wait cause if they did that’s stupid

It has been said Aidan is high on the list of top freshmen, here and elsewhere... I don't think anybody (not even me) said he was THE best freshman in the country.

He is terrific, but a couple UCLA freshmen are probably rated higher, especially Amari Bailey for current performance, but I'd think NBA scouts are drooling over 6'10" jumping jack Adem Bona based on potential.

Yea thats right i couldnt wait! To Keep it Real! I dont care where he's from, Moraga or Richmond, CA. He's aiiight, to me. Nothing special. Lol. Hope he proves me wrong.....

Quote it…..you always lie and exaggerate and say “people say blank is the best” when you are asked to quote it or who said it, you make another lie and come up with imaginary women from your office lol

Quote it…..you always lie and exaggerate and say “people say blank is the best” when you are asked to quote it or who said it, you make another lie and come up with imaginary women from your office lol
Now that was funny

Hahah. I can assure you nobody on here said he was best frosh in country. This thing has taken a life of its own. He’s a very good player having an excellent frosh campaign for a program playing today to get to sweet 16. (Marin Cath kid playing at UConn as well).

Hahah. I can assure you nobody on here said he was best frosh in country. This thing has taken a life of its own. He’s a very good player having an excellent frosh campaign for a program playing today to get to sweet 16. (Marin Cath kid playing at UConn as well).
Still waiting for the “best frosh” proof.

Everyone, can you share that please. Cause that would be flat out stupid to think a male athlete from the area would be the best. Now women’s, yeah we see how Sabrina worked it out. But ain’t nobody on here said Aidan was the best frosh in the nation. I will be glad to wait cause if they did that’s stupid
its there. use that little apparatus on the side of you and scroll and click. i aint got time to find it for you. i am watching uconn run through your boys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT