ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL Football Coaching Changes

Jan 9, 2023
If the information about the SI HC resigning is correct and Walsh ends up at MD in Southern California that would be 6 HC changes in the last few years.

If the information about the SI HC resigning is correct and Walsh ends up at MD in Southern California that would be 6 HC changes in the last few years.
Are there rumours that Walsh could be headed to MD in SoCal?

MD is as good as they are because of the talent they have and get along with decent coaching. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that Walsh could make MD better than they already are given the same talent.

The OP insinuated a possible Walsh move to MD. Then he disappeared without explaining what the information was on that. I hate it when that happens. Walsh is more than a football coach at Serra. He may be the AD as well but I’m not sure. Either way he is tied in to Serra as a school so I doubt that he would leave for any other school.

MD is as good as they are because of the talent they have and get along with decent coaching. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that Walsh could make MD better than they already are given the same talent.

The OP insinuated a possible Walsh move to MD. Then he disappeared without explaining what the information was on that. I hate it when that happens. Walsh is more than a football coach at Serra. He may be the AD as well but I’m not sure. Either way he is tied in to Serra as a school so I doubt that he would leave for any other school.
What would make more sense is DLS since he starred/graduated from there.

Reactions: remc and THEOC89

Walsh's only ties to the school are that he is the football coach and parent of a student. He is not on the faculty.

They were interested in him. The Serra associated NCP members can confirm this.

They were interested in him. The Serra associated NCP members can confirm this.
According to the OC Board, Walsh was one of the 8 targets to interview but pulled himself out of the running over a week ago….

There are some pretty good MD posters on there and no one has disputed this like they have other rumors like Mission Viejo Coach Chad Johnson being offered the MD job and turning it down….

What would make more sense is DLS since he starred/graduated from there.
Yes, and I would say that eventually it may very well happen. Just my opinion. No timetable on that, but I can definitely see it. Don't think it would surprise anyone either

Walsh is not the AD at Serra. Also if Walsh wanted to make a ove from Serra. Don't you think he would have gone to DLS (HIS Alma mater) when Lad retired?

Could you imagine MDE running the double wing with that size line and a 5 star QB? LOL

This smells like using abundant SI resources to sway Polynesian players that have been choosing Serra and Riordan to come to 37th and Quintara.

Wow!!…. That’s a Great Hire!!!…. Really surprised he came up to Nor Cal, was in the final running for the MD job…..
Yeah I was curious if he would stay on McManus’ staff or look elsewhere? Guess they answers that.

Reactions: THEOC89
Yeah I was curious if he would stay on McManus’ staff or look elsewhere? Guess they answers that.
I think Lenny was done with MD when the final 2 came down to McManus and Kahlid Holmes…. Lenny may have been ok with McManus but pretty sure he wasn’t too happy with them picking Holmes over him…. Lenny has a much better resume and is a MD legend….

I thought he would end up at another So Cal school, or back in College, but really glad he is coming to Nor Cal….. Big win for SI and the WCAL….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT