ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL Openers

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Mitty beats Serra 9-7. Drew Mount had three RBI for Mitty while Kris Bubic and Max Werner also added two RBI. Neil Sterling and Angelo Bortolin each had a double for the Padres. CJ Romero went five innings for the win while Bubic had the two inning save.

Bellarmine beats Valley Christian 3-2. Scotty Jarvis went 1-for-3 with two RBI and Corby Punian pitched into the seventh to pick up the win.

St. Ignatius beats St. Francis 5-2. This was the major surprise of the opening day. SI got two double and two RBI from Robert Emery and Andrew Ferrero pitched a complete game for the win. Tyler Deason picked up the loss giving up four unearned runs.

Riordan beats Sacred Heart Cathedral 5-4. Riordan led 5-0 after three innings. Sean O'Donnell had three hits for SHC.

It's about what I expected except for the St. Francis game. I didn't expect SHC to be so bad but I haven't seen them play yet.

Don't bother. Riordan and SHC should just play each other 12 times in a home and home and call it a day! LOL Best part of yesterday was the sun was shining and wind not blowing at Westborough....oh and the Crusaders winning!

SHC vs. SI at AT&T Saturday

Originally posted by buttesink:
Haha
Great remark, shows your class
That can be expected
There's still the game vs. SI at AT&T on Saturday. $10.00 to get in and it starts at 3:30.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT