ADVERTISEMENT

Week 3 Pick'em Games

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Now is the time to look ahead for any Week 3 games you want on the pick'em contest!

• DeLa @ Serra (Game of the Week)
  • Manteca @ St. Mary's Stockton
  • St. Ignatius @ Jesuit
  • McClymonds @ Bellarmine
  • Pittsburg @ Granite Bay
  • Higley (AZ) @ Clayton Valley
  • Amador Valley @ Campo
  • Sacred Heart Cathedral @ Sacred Heart Prep (Atherton)
  • Aptos @ Mitty
  • Riordan @ Moreau

• St. Ignatius @ Jesuit
  • Amador Valley @ Campo
  • Aptos @ Mitty
  • Riordan @ Moreau
That's a nice lineup there

A few additional games to consider in addition to the lists Jordan24 and Santa Ball provided:

Escalon at Windsor is an interesting matchup. Escalon recently edged out a game vs Buchanan. It will be Windsor’s first game of the season. Calpreps has this one as a 1pt difference on a neutral field. Next week Windsor at Campolindo, as well (for next week)..

Vacaville at Cardinal Newman

Buchanan at Rocklin

Oak Ridge vs Madison (San Diego)
@ Cathedral (San Diego)

Manteca at St.Mary’s (already on Jordan24’s list).
I’m really curious if St. Mary’s can slow down/stop Manteca’s ground game. The Rams D gave up 202 yards on the ground and 246 yards in the air vs Central Catholic. Manteca is pretty much one dimensional on offense … RUN RUN RUN. The Buffalos had 217 yards on the ground vs Granite Bay and ZERO yards in the air with their only completion out of 4 attempts was an INT. Manteca also shutout SFL’s Granite Bay (ZERO pts scores) holding them to 84 yards on the ground on 25 carries along with just 56 yards in the air including 1 INT. Will the Manteca’s defense be able to slow/shut down the St. Mary’s stellar offense? Can the Rams D slow/shut down the Buffalos rush attack? Also note, it appears Manteca’s stud RB Bryson Davis did not play vs Granite Bay. He had 342 yards on 36 carries vs VDL the week before. Anyone know why he did not play (no stats vs GB) and if he’s playing or not vs St. Mary’s? I will be missing this game due to my granddaughter’s 2 years old birthday weekend. Ironically, I will be at Great Wolf Lodge in “Manteca” for the weekend celebrating her birthday. I asked my son if it was okay to take a 3hr break to work the chains and he told me to ask his daughter. I said nevermind. Love my baby girl and she loves me. We are going to have much fun on the water slides at GWL.

A few additional games to consider in addition to the lists Jordan24 and Santa Ball provided:

Escalon at Windsor is an interesting matchup. Escalon recently edged out a game vs Buchanan. It will be Windsor’s first game of the season. Calpreps has this one as a 1pt difference on a neutral field. Next week Windsor at Campolindo, as well (for next week)..

Buchanan at Rocklin

@ Cathedral (San Diego)

I’m really curious if St. Mary’s can slow down/stop Manteca’s ground game. The Rams D gave up 202 yards on the ground and 246 yards in the air vs Central Catholic. Manteca is pretty much one dimensional on offense … RUN RUN RUN. The Buffalos had 217 yards on the ground vs Granite Bay and ZERO yards in the air with their only completion out of 4 attempts was an INT. Manteca also shutout SFL’s Granite Bay (ZERO pts scores) holding them to 84 yards on the ground on 25 carries along with just 56 yards in the air including 1 INT. Will the Manteca’s defense be able to slow/shut down the St. Mary’s stellar offense? Can the Rams D slow/shut down the Buffalos rush attack? Also note, it appears Manteca’s stud RB Bryson Davis did not play vs Granite Bay. He had 342 yards on 36 carries vs VDL the week before. Anyone know why he did not play (no stats vs GB) and if he’s playing or not vs St. Mary’s? I will be missing this game due to my granddaughter’s 2 years old birthday weekend. Ironically, I will be at Great Wolf Lodge in “Manteca” for the weekend celebrating her birthday. I asked my son if it was okay to take a 3hr break to work the chains and he told me to ask his daughter. I said nevermind. Love my baby girl and she loves me. We are going to have much fun on the water slides at GWL.
Sounds like he got banged up against VDL. Not sure what that means for this week though

Sounds like he got banged up against VDL. Not sure what that means for this week though
Indeed. Bryson Davis sustained an elbow injury vs VDL and was a gameday decision vs GB where the coaches decided not to play him. Found this info from the article below covering the Manteca vs GB game …

I anticipate he will be ready vs St. Mary’s. St. Mary’s will have their hands full whether he plays or not and the Buffalo D, I believe, is going to be the Rams O toughest foe this season to date. Should be a good one!

Reactions: M.C. fan
  • St. Ignatius @ Jesuit
  • Amador Valley @ Campo
  • Aptos @ Mitty
  • Riordan @ Moreau
Serra 28 DeLaSalle 14, Serra will improve over the game over folsom
Campo 26 Amador 13..The Cougars pulled a big win last week in OT

Buchanan at Rocklin

@ Cathedral (San Diego)

Vacaville 20 Cardina, Newman 13...The Bulldogs beat CN last year and it should be a repeat...

Buchanan vs. Rocklin, Escalon at Windsor, Clovis vs. Whitney, Los Gatos at Liberty of Brentfield.
Rocklin 31 Buchanan 20, Rocklin rolled last week and Buchanan played Escalon tough, this game might turn into a shoot out..

Rocklin 31 Buchanan 20, Rocklin rolled last week and Buchanan played Escalon tough, this game might turn into a shoot out..
Windsor 34 Escalon 26, this game should be turn into a scoring battle...

Escalon at Windsor
Merced at Downey
Los Gatos at Liberty
DLS at Serra
Manteca at St. Mary’s
Pittsburg at Granite Bay
Bellarmine vs McClymonds
Menlo-Atherton at Elk Grove
St. Francis at Monterey Trail

Reactions: Santa Ball
ADVERTISEMENT