ADVERTISEMENT

Week 3 Scoreboard

Pass complete to midfield, a second or so left…. Hail Mary coming…

After yet another time out, of course…

Congrats to the Lancers! They deserve it!!!

They now move to #112 in CA!
It must really hurt the ego to watch a team ranked out of the top 100 do what your beloved Folsom never could. Especially since you put so much value on ranks. I just pray Folsom handles their business and gets the open bid and promptly get raced.

• Haha
Reactions: remc and THEOC89
Wow! I always thought when the streak ended, it would come in a game like this. Against a Bay Area team that didn’t have much fan fare going in.

Congrats to St Francis. It is a well ran program that has a good amount of experience back and was able to win the game on the line and with their run game.

broadcast summed it up well. For not playing in a lot of close games, De La Salle has won a lot of games like this during the streak. Made a great comeback but St Francis made a lot of plays on that last drive.

It must really hurt the ego to watch a team ranked out of the top 100 do what your beloved Folsom never could. Especially since you put so much value on ranks. I just pray Folsom handles their business and gets the open bid and promptly get raced.
I'm happy for the Lancers.

Feel bad DLS lost to a team ranked #114 in CA. At this rate, Folsom may slang 50 on DLS.

Best team in NorCal now!

I'm happy for the Lancers.

Feel bad DLS lost to a team ranked #114 in CA. At this rate, Folsom may slang 50 on DLS.

Best team in NorCal now!
“Best team in Norcal” probably doesn’t equate to top 10 in state. Be careful what you wish for. DLS had tradition and heart which kept them in some games. Folsom will get 70 hung on them in the open.

Reactions: remc and THEOC89
“Best team in Norcal” probably doesn’t equate to top 10 in state. Be careful what you wish for. DLS had tradition and heart which kept them in some games. Folsom will get 70 hung on them in the open.
It actually equates to #5 in the state right now. :)

Pasty do you ever tired of being such an unlikeable instigator? I mean I’m a SJS guy, and always root for Folsom to beat DLS. But you are such a try-hard at stirring up the hate.
It’s one thing to constantly start posts with the obvious intent to instigate some of the same old ‘back and forth’ BS between yourself a few others who always take the bait.
But we were all just sitting here taking in the updates on a great game and you jump on, start your trolling, and turn this great thread of updates into a DLS bash session. What a joke you are.

I’m sure you’ll respond (because we all know you always have to have the last word) and try to spin this into something other than it Is. But you’ll fail. You are just sad…very sad. Grow up and get over it.
Be a fan, not an ‘a**hole.

It finally happened! St. Francis proves that no one is invincible! Maybe a sequel to When the Game Stands Tall covering this loss is in order?

Reactions: pastyfastquick3
Obviously the story of this week is St. Francis over De La Salle, but there were a lot of really good games tonight. Here are some scores

#4 Pittsburg beat #5 Valley Christian-San Jose 42-20
#7 McClymonds beat De Anza 22-7
#8 Rocklin beat Capital Christian 43-14
#10 Los Gatos beat Live Oak-Morgan Hill 35-7
#11 Marin Catholic beat Casa Grande 28-7
#14 Cardinal Newman beat Vintage 34-29
#16 Oak Ridge beat #32 Elk Grove 28-27
#21 Granite Bay beat #15 Vacaville 14-9
#23 Bellarmine beat #13 San Leandro 41-6
#24 Apots beat #22 Palma 47-42
#25 Lincoln-Stockton beat Buhach Colony 50-0
#26 Liberty beat Campolindo 13-7
#30 El Cerrito beat Bishop O’Dowd 27-14
#34 California beat Freedom 70-20
Central-Fresno beat #17 Edison-Stockton 17-10

I guess I had to come on here to represent Oakdale. Once again they are small slow no athletes on the team. I am sure that's why they are not even ranked in top 50 in northern California? Tonight once again barely were able to put up 56 points! And they gave up 13. Terrible defence? I get it they play in a weak league? The VOL is a D3 league. But all the teams are actually D4. The winner of the league has to play D3. Cen Catholic is attendance a D6 but has to play D2 because of continued success. It's not like Oakdale duck anyone. They put Edison on their schedule thinking Ralek Brown was playing for them. But now at Mater Dei! Oakdale had Folsom come to The Corral with it's Reno connection. Oakdale lost but schools with " open enrollment " teams hard to compete with home grown kids. I am not bagging on the all-star teams like Mater Dai. But that's not real hometown football. I like go watch Escalon play Hilmar home town football! Manteca v Oakdale every year a classic. What I am getting at? How can a team be averaging 40+ points and giving up 11 not be in top 50?

The WCAL has probably been the best conference in Nir Cal year after year in terms of depth of their teams.

You’ve “probably“ been sleeping under a rock the past 15 years. The SFL has been right there with the WCAL and even better in a fair share of seasons. The two leagues have taken turns. Which is pretty impressive considering one is a public league and the other not.

But go on selling a false narrative.

Last edited:
I guess I had to come on here to represent Oakdale. Once again they are small slow no athletes on the team. I am sure that's why they are not even ranked in top 50 in northern California? Tonight once again barely were able to put up 56 points! And they gave up 13. Terrible defence? I get it they play in a weak league? The VOL is a D3 league. But all the teams are actually D4. The winner of the league has to play D3. Cen Catholic is attendance a D6 but has to play D2 because of continued success. It's not like Oakdale duck anyone. They put Edison on their schedule thinking Ralek Brown was playing for them. But now at Mater Dei! Oakdale had Folsom come to The Corral with it's Reno connection. Oakdale lost but schools with " open enrollment " teams hard to compete with home grown kids. I am not bagging on the all-star teams like Mater Dai. But that's not real hometown football. I like go watch Escalon play Hilmar home town football! Manteca v Oakdale every year a classic. What I am getting at? How can a team be averaging 40+ points and giving up 11 not be in top 50?
Oakdale has a good squad again this year. We had them in the preseason ranks and could see them back in the top 35 this week. VOL looks extra tough with Oakdale, Manteca and Central Catholic.

It’s a bit disingenuous to act as if Oakdale doesn’t benefit from attracting good football players. I have family in both Stanislaus and Tuolumne Counties that grew up there that would totally dispute this narrative your spinning about Oakdale. They attended Summerville, Sonora, Calaveras, Bret Harte, etc. Oakdale has been attracting student-athletes from those schools (and others) for decades. Which is among many reasons why Oakdale — the so called small town — has been able to remain consistently good and often times dominant.

Stop with the nonsense of throwing stones from a glass house.

I dig Oakdale and respect the hell out of Coach Merzon — who my older cousin played against in the 1984 Championship — but they aren’t exempt from attracting the better players from surrounding programs. They are essentially the all-star team of the area.

Amazing streak. We will never see anything like that again.

Agreed. Aside from DLS being an amazing, one-of-a-kind program, there were so many factors over the past 30 years that helped make their streak(s) possible. The lack of State and Regional games for a majority of that time being just a few.

Still, despite all the factors that made it possible, you could probably count on one hand the number of programs across the entire country that could have (possibly) duplicated the feat given the same circumstance. And even then I’m not convinced another program could have done it.

Pasty do you ever tired of being such an unlikeable instigator? I mean I’m a SJS guy, and always root for Folsom to beat DLS. But you are such a try-hard at stirring up the hate.
It’s one thing to constantly start posts with the obvious intent to instigate some of the same old ‘back and forth’ BS between yourself a few others who always take the bait.
But we were all just sitting here taking in the updates on a great game and you jump on, start your trolling, and turn this great thread of updates into a DLS bash session. What a joke you are.

I’m sure you’ll respond (because we all know you always have to have the last word) and try to spin this into something other than it Is. But you’ll fail. You are just sad…very sad. Grow up and get over it.
Be a fan, not an ‘a**hole.

Ignore is a fantastic feature to combat trolling nonsense.

Wow! I always thought when the streak ended, it would come in a game like this. Against a Bay Area team that didn’t have much fan fare going in.

Congrats to St Francis. It is a well ran program that has a good amount of experience back and was able to win the game on the line and with their run game.

broadcast summed it up well. For not playing in a lot of close games, De La Salle has won a lot of games like this during the streak. Made a great comeback but St Francis made a lot of plays on that last drive.

I echo your congratulations.

I honestly thought they were going to blow the game once they employed the prevent offense early in Q3 — and in actuality they did — however when forced to play aggressively again after surrendering the lead they made the necessary plays needed to get it done. So major props to them for that, especially overcoming the 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty to still score.

Not to diminish SF in any way, but DLS did something tonight they pretty much never did against NorCal teams the past 30 years which is surrender multiple unforced turnovers. Every time I’ve seen them do that against OOS opponents I’m like “why doesn’t this ever happen against local opponents?!”

Well, tonight it did. And in some of the other close calls the past 10 years unforced turnovers were among the factors that made the upset possible.

It’s a bit disingenuous to act as if Oakdale doesn’t benefit from attracting good football players. I have family in both Stanislaus and Tuolumne Counties that grew up there that would totally dispute this narrative your spinning about Oakdale. They attended Summerville, Sonora, Calaveras, Bret Harte, etc. Oakdale has been attracting student-athletes from those schools (and others) for decades. Which is among many reasons why Oakdale — the so called small town — has been able to remain consistently good and often times dominant.

Stop with the nonsense of throwing stones from a glass house.

I dig Oakdale and respect the hell out of Coach Merzon — who my older cousin played against in the 1984 Championship — but they aren’t exempt from attracting the better players from surrounding programs. They are essentially the all-star team of the area.
Yes true they do get athletes from near by towns. But you know those are usually alumni kids. Or yes the wrestling program! True benefits football team. But point out one D1 recruit that goes to Oakdale to play?
My issue is how if you don't run up a score one teams you don't get credit for the win. Oakdale platoons. Very seldom does a player go both ways. So when you have back up players just aren't as athletic. Just being honest . I know I have nephews that played for Oakdale. In fact one of my nephews played on Merzon's first Section championship team. He didn't go on to play in college. Like many of Oakdale players he joined the Marines.
But I watched the replay on NFHS. The Oakdale v Mitty game was over on the first play from scrimmage. Watch the highlights! But real football starts next week! VOL starts!

Reactions: ThunderRam
Yes true they do get athletes from near by towns. But you know those are usually alumni kids. Or yes the wrestling program! True benefits football team. But point out one D1 recruit that goes to Oakdale to play?
My issue is how if you don't run up a score one teams you don't get credit for the win. Oakdale platoons. Very seldom does a player go both ways. So when you have back up players just aren't as athletic. Just being honest . I know I have nephews that played for Oakdale. In fact one of my nephews played on Merzon's first Section championship team. He didn't go on to play in college. Like many of Oakdale players he joined the Marines.
But I watched the replay on NFHS. The Oakdale v Mitty game was over on the first play from scrimmage. Watch the highlights! But real football starts next week! VOL starts!

Like I said, I like Coach Merzon and the program he’s built. And you clearly understand the point I was making.

That said, very impressive win for the Mustangs tonight. Getting a W against a WCAL team is rarely a trivial thing.

streak, the newman vintage game was incredible too. 2nd week in a row last play decided winner for CN. Vintage will be a very tough out for anybody. Newman escaped one last night.

I'm very impressed with the win over Mitty. I've always enjoyed following Oakdale!

So, who you got as #1 in NorCal this week?
My top 3 heading into the week

1. St. Francis
2. Folsom
3. Serra
Agreed, but I will go with Folsom at #1 until proven otherwise
1. Folsom
2. St. Francis (until proven otherwise)
3. Serra

My current personal WCAL ranks
1. St. Francis
2. Serra
3. Bellarmine
4. St. Ignatius
5. Valley Christian
6. Archbishop Mitty
7. Archbishop Riordan
8. Sacred Heart Cathedral

1. Folsom
3. Serra

1. St. Francis
2. Serra
3. Bellarmine
4. St. Ignatius
5. Valley Christian
6. Archbishop Mitty
7. Archbishop Riordan
Logic says you beat the champ you are the champ. SF knocked off the big dog period. They jump everybody until proven different. The fact they weren’t ranked in top 100 only proves how foolish rankings really are right? But they beat the Norcal #1 they earned that #1 at least until someone takes it. Folsom hasn’t earned the #1 they can maintain #2 and remain message board champs.

1. Folsom
3. Serra

1. St. Francis
2. Serra
3. Bellarmine
4. St. Ignatius
5. Valley Christian
6. Archbishop Mitty
7. Archbishop Riordan
I like the order but why Serra in front of DLS? Their wins over St Mary’s and MT are better than Palo Alto and assuming HMB

Logic says you beat the champ you are the champ. SF knocked off the big dog period. They jump everybody until proven different. The fact they weren’t ranked in top 100 only proves how foolish rankings really are right? But they beat the Norcal #1 they earned that #1 at least until someone takes it. Folsom hasn’t earned the #1 they can maintain #2 and remain message board champs.
For me it’s tough. Obviously St Francis has the best win by far but Folsom has two real quality wins over Pitt and Jesuit. Playing it out though an undefeated St Francis probably goes Open over Folsom

For me it’s tough. Obviously St Francis has the best win by far but Folsom has two real quality wins over Pitt and Jesuit. Playing it out though an undefeated St Francis probably goes Open over Folsom
I’m not speculating here I’m simply going off what has happened right now. SF beat the dog not Folsom. Folsom beating Jesuit is like the sun coming up just doesn’t move the needle. Same can be said for beating Pitt in game one, or their inconsistency overall period. SF simply leaps everybody until proven otherwise. Now if we are predicting or hoping I want to see Folsom in that open game. It would be fun watch them get the score run up on them like they love to do to inferior teams. And believe me those SoCal schools would go out of their way to do it. (especially to Folsom)

I’m not speculating here I’m simply going off what has happened right now. SF beat the dog not Folsom. Folsom beating Jesuit is like the sun coming up just doesn’t move the needle. Same can be said for beating Pitt in game one, or their inconsistency overall period. SF simply leaps everybody until proven otherwise. Now if we are predicting or hoping I want to see Folsom in that open game. It would be fun watch them get the score run up on them like they love to do to inferior teams. And believe me those SoCal schools would go out of their way to do it. (especially to Folsom)
1. Folsom
2. Serra
3. St. Francis
4. Pitt
5. DLS/St. Marys

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT