ADVERTISEMENT

Week 3 Scoreboard

In 2004 DLS lost 3 and Tied 2…. In 2005 DLS lost 2 Games…. So that is 5 losses and 2 ties, Were Lad and TE bad Coaches or was their a “Dip” in them getting players?…..

DLS has lost 3 games by a total of 7 points in the last 2 years…. There is no “Demise” it’s just a cycle…. DLS will be fine….
This team shows to lack in discipline and frankly both lines lacking and lacking at LBs. Granted Serra is pretty good, but there could be 8 Socal teams better this season than any Norcal team. Norcal seems down at the top and DLS just didn't look like they have any fire.

Nor should it. The top three or four programs per division in the SJS, NCS, CCS, and even the Northern Section should regularly schedule pre-league games against each other. Intersectional games are very valuable in ratings, rankings, and just for the sheer fun of discussion.
Also competitive games for these teams to get them ready for playoffs and state.

Reactions: MTsince2004
This team shows to lack in discipline and frankly both lines lacking and lacking at LBs. Granted Serra is pretty good, but there could be 8 Socal teams better this season than any Norcal team. Norcal seems down at the top and DLS just didn't look like they have any fire.
There is no way there are 8 So Cal Teams Better then Serra…. There are only 2…. MV Lost to LBP last night, Edison Beat OLU…. Cen10 is not nearly as good as last year…

My Top 5 would be:

1. MD
2. SJB
3. Cen10
4. Serra
5. Santa Margarita-By a Hair Over MV, Poly….

Out front I don't know crap about crap. But, in my opinion northern California there is more parity. Are Pittsburg kids staying in Pittsburgh? Are kids going to CVC not DLS? I don't know crap!
People talk about demographics changing in. bay area? Look at SJS. The rise of the SFL ( Folsom, Granite Bay ect.) People moving to suburban life. It's not just here. My son's mom's family from Montana Just outside. Broadwater Bulldogs.i the last few years people are moving out of cities. Funny calling Helena Montana a city. But it's Montana! Bulldogs a small class B team always ranked in top 10 teams in state. People from Helena are moving to small communities. Look at Modesto area. Escalon, Ripon and Oakdale on the rise. And Modesto is stagnant?

Marin Catholic traveled up to Reno and beat Spanish Springs 48-10, not sure how good SS is but they have a brutal schedule….they did beat Reno who just beat Grant so who knows

Marin Catholic traveled up to Reno and beat Spanish Springs 48-10, not sure how good SS is but they have a brutal schedule….they did beat Reno who just beat Grant so who knows
Really hard to gauge that win for MC?

Nevada football is The Bishop…..and after that, really crappy.

Reactions: MC415
I wasn't able to follow them last night. Curious, any thoughts on how they looked overall in the lose? Penalties, coaching,,, based on the score it seemed like a good game.

I only watched portions of the game. Reno was pretty much leading though out.

The pivotal play came late, as I described above. Pacers looked to have them stopped down one score, but the Reno QB made a flukey magical play just as he was going out of bounds on 4th down. In real time, I thought he stepped out before unloading the ball at the last instant and didn’t get to see a replay. So I’m not certain.

Regardless, that TD pass gave Reno a 2-score lead and ultimately the win.

From what I saw, I didn’t think Reno looked all that good and the Pacers didn’t either. But GHS had more size and speed and IMO shouldn’t have lost to a team like that.

Just my opinion based upon viewing a very small sample size. Perhaps I’m not giving Reno enough credit, though.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
Balboa 7 Skyline 31

why did Oakdale schedule Balboa? Balboa had a nice little team last year and even if oakdale is down what a joke of a game this is. It’s going to be hot for city kids and it can be really intimidating going to the corral with thousands of fans and cowboy hats. Yes, even for tough kids from Sunnydale or Excelsior.

Really hard to gauge that win for MC?

Nevada football is The Bishop…..and after that, really crappy.
When my son was at Galena, Spanish Springs was decent, but not a NV power. They are a rather a young school. McQueen and Hug used to be very good but seems Northern NV football has been relatively inconsistent and down many years. DaMonte Ranch had a nice team with Cade McNamara 2018/2019 but lost to Bishop Manogue which is also up and down (another tier or two lower than Bishop Gorman). Southern NV has more competitive football with the crown at Bishop Gorman. The best Northern NV teams would have trouble winning top level section championships and even some league championships. Probably middle of the back caliber or lower in Sierra Foothill, WCAL and East Bay Mountain. Probably competitive in league like Trans Valley. More mid size school strength.

Reactions: MC415
Balboa 7 Skyline 31

why did Oakdale schedule Balboa? Balboa had a nice little team last year and even if oakdale is down what a joke of a game this is. It’s going to be hot for city kids and it can be really intimidating going to the corral with thousands of fans and cowboy hats. Yes, even for tough kids from Sunnydale or Excelsior.
Do they have a relative of the Rock playing for them? The QB last name Miava.? All Oakdale has is a bunch of country hicks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT