ADVERTISEMENT

Where's the Excitement

bb-hoops

Rookie
Nov 29, 2022
It's a week before high school basketball get's rolling and no chatter going on, what's up out there...

Rankings, Open teams, Teams & players to watch, etc.

This new foul rule will will certainly have an impact. Once you reach five team fouls per quarter, opposing team is rewarded with two foul shots. Each quarter starts fresh. There will be no more one on one.

Start the chatter...

I love that rule change. The semi-intentional foul late in the game no longer makes as much sense, as the two shots is a much bigger penalty than a one-and-one.

There are also designated out-of-bounds spots on the sideline for common fouls, which allows coaches who like to design plays an opportunity to draw up some more.

As for the top teams, it's Mitty, Folsom and SMS, it seems. O'Dowd and Oakland Tech could be very good as well, but the power in the state is down south. Etiwanda, Sierra Canyon, Mater Dei, Sage Hill and St. Joseph are all loaded.

Don't sleep on San Ramon Valley or Acalanes, and Cardinal Newman has an absolute star in Taissa Queiroz

Reactions: observer22
All very good teams. And Salesian, as always, will be strong.

It's a week before high school basketball get's rolling and no chatter going on, what's up out there...

Rankings, Open teams, Teams & players to watch, etc.

This new foul rule will will certainly have an impact. Once you reach five team fouls per quarter, opposing team is rewarded with two foul shots. Each quarter starts fresh. There will be no more one on one.

Start the chatter...
Is this new foul roul a sectional rule or for the entire state of California?

I love that rule change. The semi-intentional foul late in the game no longer makes as much sense, as the two shots is a much bigger penalty than a one-and-one.

There are also designated out-of-bounds spots on the sideline for common fouls, which allows coaches who like to design plays an opportunity to draw up some more.

As for the top teams, it's Mitty, Folsom and SMS, it seems. O'Dowd and Oakland Tech could be very good as well, but the power in the state is down south. Etiwanda, Sierra Canyon, Mater Dei, Sage Hill and St. Joseph are all loaded.
For NorCal it's Mitty. No other school in the north is even close to them. Mitty will make certain games closer than you expect to test different looks and sets but when it's time to really turn it on none of these other NorCal teams come close. Unless the injury bug hits Mitty they will be in the Sac again for the Open Division championship 🏆

Mustange76: What's your outlook for strong teams in the Sacramento area, besides Folsom? I'm no longer up to speed and not following schools--my daughter graduated from high school last June.
1.Folsom
2. McClatchy
3. Oak Ridge
4. Antelope
5abc. Woodcreek, Whitney, Christian Bros. (If last season second leading scorer returns from ACL rehab)

Reactions: cptmycpa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT