ADVERTISEMENT

Where's Tyrel Roberts playing next year

mistisoman

Board Regular
Mar 9, 2015
Just wondering whose offered Tyrel Roberts any scholarships??? That kid can ball & has a very nice jumper, although he's only 5'10", I think he can compete at the D-1 level...

He would be a great addition to a Chico state type top 20 d2 school. But I think he can play in WCC or big sky under the right situation. His ability to shoot sets him apart. He played well against some 4 star kids. Certainly good enough to raise eyebrows. Going to miss watching him.

Cannot play in the WCC Jordan Ford was a lot better than Roberts and he's struggling big time. You have to be really good to be a division 1 point guard. Look at all the Seniors guards that are going Division 1. Damari Milstead, Jade Smith, Joey Calcatera, Souley Boom you're telling me that he's on the same level as those kids @Bob33 i don't think so. Great highschool player and will have a great division 2 career

Jordan ford played behind joe Rahon who happened to be an all wcc guard and a 2 year starter at Boston college in the ACC. Ford is on a different playing field than all those guards you named. St Mary's is a system school. Ford will be fine. Chico state could beat USD. Hell UCSD would beat them. That is hardly a d1 program nor is LMU. I didn't say Roberts would re write record books. I said he could earn a scholarship in my mind.

Sac state? Seriously... He's better than the guard from riordan a few years ago.

@Bob33 that's what this is board is for. All opinion based. Wish the best for that kid. Very good kid. Will be successful in life d1 or not.

Cannot play in the WCC Jordan Ford was a lot better than Roberts and he's struggling big time. You have to be really good to be a division 1 point guard. Look at all the Seniors guards that are going Division 1. Damari Milstead, Jade Smith, Joey Calcatera, Souley Boom you're telling me that he's on the same level as those kids @Bob33 i don't think so. Great highschool player and will have a great division 2 career
Ford is struggling? He is in a top 20 program and behind a senior stud. I think Ford will be a 3 year starter.

I do not know what Roberts' grades are but I think he would be an excellent addition to a Patriot League or Ivy League roster. His game reminds me a bit of the kid who played for Monte Vista who went to Columbia, Brian Barbour. Barbour may have been a bit better than Ty offensively, but I think Ty is a better defender.

Reactions: observer22
Oh please.. He plays behind both of them. Rahon is the leader. Who cares the point is he is hardly struggling. Teams like St Marys' and Zags are system type schools. Hell Zags are older than some NBA teams. Ford will be fine.

Roberts is really a crafty player. I think the Barbour kid from MV was more offensive minded and might have had a few inches on Roberts. (like 6"2) I wish him the best.

Roberts had a good senior year on the top team in NorCal and made a number of plays for Woodcreek during the postseason. I think he is a very solid Division II option.

I agree with Streak. I typically get beat up for suggesting a kid is a D2 player because everyone thinks they are D1 talents but the reality is you have to check so many boxes to reach that pinnacle. Go to a D2 game and then talk to me.

Look at Chico State which is a top 20 D2 school in the nation. (more like top 10 now). Michael Bethea was a D1 transfer that started most of his games for Grambling ST. Guess what? He was a role player at Chico this year. (a good one at that). He didn't start. The kid that most colleges missed on big time was Isiah Ellis out of Antelope who is at Chico. 6"9 220 who will be a D2 all american this year. No doubt he should have had offers from WCC schools. Sometimes it doesn't work that way.

I've watched Roberts a lot. He shoots it really well and can create space. He is tough as nails and a gamer. Doesn't make mistakes. A good floor general. Size and not being able to finish at the rim most likely push him into that D2 bucket. That is the reality. It doesn't mean he wasn't a great player and at times more important than JB was.

Oh please.. He plays behind both of them. Rahon is the leader. Who cares the point is he is hardly struggling. Teams like St Marys' and Zags are system type schools. Hell Zags are older than some NBA teams. Ford will be fine.

Roberts is really a crafty player. I think the Barbour kid from MV was more offensive minded and might have had a few inches on Roberts. (like 6"2) I wish him the best.
Obviously your a basketball fan. Whats more obvious is you know very little. SM runs a very structured ball screen system that always has a PG. It is never by committee

I agree with Streak. I typically get beat up for suggesting a kid is a D2 player because everyone thinks they are D1 talents but the reality is you have to check so many boxes to reach that pinnacle. Go to a D2 game and then talk to me.

Look at Chico State which is a top 20 D2 school in the nation. (more like top 10 now). Michael Bethea was a D1 transfer that started most of his games for Grambling ST. Guess what? He was a role player at Chico this year. (a good one at that). He didn't start. The kid that most colleges missed on big time was Isiah Ellis out of Antelope who is at Chico. 6"9 220 who will be a D2 all american this year. No doubt he should have had offers from WCC schools. Sometimes it doesn't work that way.

I've watched Roberts a lot. He shoots it really well and can create space. He is tough as nails and a gamer. Doesn't make mistakes. A good floor general. Size and not being able to finish at the rim most likely push him into that D2 bucket. That is the reality. It doesn't mean he wasn't a great player and at times more important than JB was.

Hey Larry, we dodged a bullet. Clink just pulled his consideration from Portland state and possibly UC Santa Barbara. I know it is in the future for him, but i think we have him for another couple of years.
Here's wishing you great hoops.

Reactions: observer22
Hey Larry, we dodged a bullet. Clink just pulled his consideration from Portland state and possibly UC Santa Barbara. I know it is in the future for him, but i think we have him for another couple of years.
Here's wishing you great hoops.

Whew..... Great to hear Marcskit. Just love what he has done up in the north state w/ Chico. Obviously opportunities will come knocking with his success and what type of person he is. Now its time to go after Roberts. Isn't Mcferren a Jr now? He would be a great replacement.

Whew..... Great to hear Marcskit. Just love what he has done up in the north state w/ Chico. Obviously opportunities will come knocking with his success and what type of person he is. Now its time to go after Roberts. Isn't Mcferren a Jr now? He would be a great replacement.

Yes Mcferren is a Jr. but don't forget they red shirted Isaiah Brooks. They are very high on him. Wouldn't hurt to have two good guards.
Here's wishing you great hoops

Yes Mcferren is a Jr. but don't forget they red shirted Isaiah Brooks. They are very high on him. Wouldn't hurt to have two good guards.
Here's wishing you great hoops
I mentioned this last year but I had no idea how really food Isiah Brooks was until I seen him up close and spent some time around him. He will be very hard to keep out of the line up next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT