ADVERTISEMENT

Who will win NCS titles? (not the CIF )

djgaucho

Sports Fanatic
Feb 11, 2013
My Predictions:

D1

Contenders: De La Salle,Berkeley,College Park,Monte Vista,Pittsburg, San Ramon and San Leandro.
Darkhorse:pittsburg
Finals: DLS vs Monte Vista
Champion: DLS in close one

D2

Contenders:Casa Grande,Dublin,El Cerrito,Las Lomas,Montgomery,Newark Memorial and Winsor
Darkhorse:Newark Memorial;Windsor
Finals:El Cerrito vs.Las Lomas
Champion:El Cerrito

D3

Contenders:Bishop Odowd,Campolindo,Moreau Catholic,Drake
Darkhorse:None.The above final 4 will be good
Finals:Bishop Odowd vs.Moreau Catholic
Champion:Bishop Odowd all the way

D4

Contenders:Cardinal Newman,Marin Catholic,Salesian,St. Mary's(Berkeley),St.Patrick's
Darkhorse:None
Finals:Cardinal Newman vs Salesian
Champion:Cardinal Newman

Don't know enough about the lower level teams.

Good list.
Yes I believe Moreau is D3 now. D3 is frickn loaded!! I wouldn't be surprised if it was ODOWD vs CAMPO. D4 is going to be super close. St Pats might have slight edge right now with Newman and Salesian close.

Uh... Did I miss something? Salesian? They are YOUNG and have losses to st pats, at joes, AND the team you guys are sleeping on... ST MARYS. Just watch, they will keep getting better

Right now, I'd go with:

D1: DLS, tho the expected battle vs. MV will be tough.
D2: El Cerrito
D3: O'Dowd
D4: Newman
D5: Stuart Hall
D6: St. Liz

The bottom two are guesses based on rankings/schedules, esp. D6

Speaking of D6, I noticed that Fremont Christian, former arch-rival of Berean Christian wayyy back when they played in the same league, is now in a league with St Liz, CSD and other tiny schools... Hadn't thought of Fremont Chr. for years... I wonder if they still play in that awful carpeted gym...

Salesian is beginning to pick up momentum, they beat Berkeley on Saturday and they beat St. Joes on last night. Yes they're young but learning fast!!

I think St.Pats is a real threat to win D4.They`ve beaten Salesian and St.Marys Berkeley in league play and no one seems to be talking about them.They`ve beaten St.Joes as well.Very under publicized.

Starting to feel like Monte vista in D1.....and in D2 here comes Las Lomas. I think the only lock is Bishop Odowd

My Predictions:

D1: Monte Vista

D2: El Cerrito

D3: Bishop O'Dowd

D4: Salesian or St. Pat's

I heard Salesian blew out St. Pats the other night, led by 30+ most of the 2nd half. Did St pats have injuries? They also lost to Benicia last week

Gotta wonder if people are doing their homework. Arcata beat Marin Catholic at Marin Catholic. I would think if MC is on the list Arcata should be considered as well. Granted Arcata has been up and down this year. Their seniors are playing very well at this point and 1st year coach Ryan Besio has got them to come around. If they can get their bigs a bit more involved they will put up a good fight in most arenas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT