ADVERTISEMENT

Who would want to coach anymore?

It is a society problem vein played out in high school sports and extending to JUCO now.

I remember in junior high I ha an issue with a teacher I thought was being too hard on unfair on me (was a West Point grad). I issued a complaint to the principal and a meeting was set up between the powers that me, my parents and myself (parents wanted me there). As issues were laid out, it quickly became apparent I had overplayed the "victim" card and it turned into a very long and embarrassing meeting for myself. On the way home, my Dad told me "if you are going to complain against someone, you need to do it face to face. I know your pride was hurt but in the long run, that will be a good thing."

I'm not that far removed from the event, but i don't think it plays out that way much anymore.

I've seen them play. They are a very good team. But I don't think they are as good as last year's team. Not as explosive. That team's SS/#3 hitter, Scheiner, was player of the year in the AAC for Houston this year and should go high in the draft. Its #1 pitcher, Rennard, will go too - not sure how high.

But yeah, obviously Neidlinger is a great coach who really knows how to identify and develop players.

I've seen them play. They are a very good team. But I don't think they are as good as last year's team. Not as explosive. That team's SS/#3 hitter, Scheiner, was player of the year in the AAC for Houston this year and should go high in the draft. Its #1 pitcher, Rennard, will go too - not sure how high.

But yeah, obviously Neidlinger is a great coach who really knows how to identify and develop players.

Agree I've seen them this year as well and I don't think they are quite as good as last year, definitely not as many big name guys. But well coached and disciplined "team" and can obviously play with anybody.

Bear Cubs knock off Rashi and ECC in first game. Possible match up against Ohlone next.

I watched a couple innings streaming. Unusual pitching strategy but it worked. Bruihl started out shaky but was lights out after that. He's an interesting story -- TJ in HS at Casa, late commit to Cal Poly, didn't like it there for whatever reason (money? playing time?) drops down to JC and I believe is headed to Cal in the fall.

Reactions: bella123
Thanks for the reminder on Bruihl I forgot he was a bounce back he did kinda get forgotten when he had his injury, but has good stuff. Did a great job coming in yesterday.

Another bounce back who has really helped SR has been Mallet. He was at SSU last year. He's another example of a guy overlooked coming out of high school. I always thought he was a D1 player, I think his utility status and playing the corners and catching hurt his recruiting though.

Incredible comeback win in extras by SR last night after they dropped their first game and went into the losers' bracket. They need to win two today and have burnt their top 4 arms so it's going to be extremely difficult, but after seeing what they showed in their last game I would not bet against them.

JC wins game one against Grossmont. Forces second game for the championship at 2:05.

They did a great job today but ran out of arms. Plenty of heart though. What a great run esp. for the kids that who were there last year as well. And Scheiner and Rennard are now going off to play in the NCAA Regionals.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT