ADVERTISEMENT

Who's stock is on the rise?

Paytc

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2014
I just read Aarion McDonald has been lighting them up lately. Two back to back quadruple doubles…. that's impressive to say the least.

I guess her stock should be on the rise?????

Good for her !

Who else is peaking out there? (I know there are quite a few good ballers in the Norcal area)

Paytc

Paytc the questions is there any player better then McDonald in Northern CA ? Could she be the best play right now in Norhtern Ca ???????????

Aarion is a phenomenal player!!! She's definitely one of the best in Nor Cal!! Not sure how true this is, but I've heard from a couple of people out this way, Aarion did not get the votes for MVP. Not sure who's on the committee and/ or if the info is indeed true, for all I know the info was fed to me because I am a stickler for speaking out when things are done unfairly.
I am a fan of the game, hate when politics come into play, and those who are putting in the work and putting up the numbers (stats), don't get the recognition. To me a MVP does it all, scores, defends well, rebounds, out hustles others, gets their teammates involved, and maintains a great attitude. That is Aarion! I am not anti ANY team nor player. For me it's all about the numbers, they don't lie!

KKross I know what exactly what you are saying. I heard the same about the Stockton Record MVP not going to the best play but the politically correct player. But this player only get points off the guard that have to past her the ball. Where was the players stats during the preseason when they where playing teams better teams then their league. But everyone knows who is the real MVP but we leave it at that. Patting stats in league that only has one other good teams doesn't say any time to me.

KKross lets see how good the MVP is without the guard for the rest of the year rest of the year. Lets see how deep the bench real is without one of the starting guards. MVP should be able to take up the slack lets see if that happens. I remember last year when Holloway went down for the rest of the year. The showing in the Open against MM was a sight to see.

Ballersdreams, I guess you know more than me. I just heard Aarion didn't get it, but was not sure who it went to.

AMac is the best player
In Norcal... can't wait to
Hear who they think is better

Mcdonald gets my vote but I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't get the award Politics!?!? Ballersdreams is their a injury report ??? WHO???SMS will this change things in the open !?!? State ?

I had the pleasure of meeting Aarion McDonald on a few occasions. She is really a nice young lady. Very respectful and humble despite the enormous talent....

One of my favorite moments of this basketball season was witnessing her drop 46 vs Salesian at the WCJ. That was an amazing game.

If in fact "politics" played a role in an MVP vote...then that's too bad.....once again the adults scewing it up for the kids....

With that being said, the kids know the pecking order....

Northbay I hate to say but its political because it looks like Brookside doesn't play in a league but the play better Teams then all the leagues around them. But like you said the kids know the pecking order. The biggest think it suppose to be about the kids but isn't at all. I think a MVP shouldn't be about scoring averages and being on the best team in the area. MVP should be about how a player plays the whole year not just in league. Check stats before league started and see if there is a big difference between the 2 because usually a team plays a tougher teams.
This post was edited on 3/2 3:36 PM by ballersdreams

kkross22,

I agree with your post ! I also believe…. "a real MVP does it all, scores, defends well, rebounds, out hustles others, gets their teammates involved, and maintains a great attitude."

That is why I liked Mariya Moore last season ! Not to mention Mariya also has the size and strength to play with just about anyone.

ballersdreams,

My opinion is always" either you can ball or you can't ball" I'm not one who is quick to say anyone is better than everyone else.

But, if Aarion keeps getting better that could be a scary sight. My guess is she will get better before she gets worse. When that happens her body of work will continue to speak for itself.

I enjoy seeing players develop and tap into a large part of their potential. So I will be pulling for Aarion, and so many other talented and dedicated young players in Northern California.

Paytc

I know as far as league picks go, none of the Brookside players will be recognized, whether it is MVP or all league selections because Brookside is not in a league. Maybe this has some sort of affect on NorCal too....it shouldn't, but who knows.

No doubt Aarion McDonald is an elite player, and one of the best not only in Northern California, but in the state.

As for MVP, it appears people are talking about the Stockton Record's choice for MVP, as there really isn't another MVP she could win (the Bee, maybe?).

It's always interesting when those discussions take place. The default is the best player on the best team, and the best team is clearly St. Mary's of Stockton. Now I make no claims as to who is the best player for SMS, but there are some very good players on that team, and it is not unreasonable that one of those very good players would be named the area MVP.

It would also not be unreasonable for McDonald to win it. I think a case could be made either way ...

I understand the best player on the best team way of looking at it....and agree with it 99% of the time.

The only time I would go against that would be in a case where a certain player is just SOOOOO good.

Where her play and stats leap of the page at you....it would be one thing if Aarion wasn't good enough to start at SMS

and she was putting up numbers against inferior competition...but that's not the case.

If she was having a very good year I would say give it to an SMS girl. But she's having a GREAT year on a shorthanded

team(6? 7? players?) with BC's 2nd best player (Vaughan) dealing with a knagging knee injury all year which has limited her....

Aarion McDonald....MVP

My son and I saw Sierra`s picture in Student Sports Magazine and we recognized her as an ex teammate on the BYF scout football team.As I recall,she was a basketball standout even then.Congratulations on her success.Btw,Jason was on my older sons team.Hope he is doing well.I remember him as a very nice kid.

Remc, yes indeed, Sierra did play football for BYF in 3rd grade, this after she cheered for 2 years with BYF, winning JAMZ Nationals with her squad in 2nd grade. One year getting roughed up by the boys was enough for us, but it certainly did prepare her for basketball, as she is one tough cookie. Right after that football season, is when she became serious about playing basketball.
You should see her on the court, playing cornerback sure does help her with her steals (interceptions), many say she looks like she's catching a football at times when she snags balls out of nowhere. LOL
And yes, Jason is doing great!!! Graduated from American Canyon High School last June, left for the Marines in July. He's in VA right now, finishing up his MOS training, hoping to be stationed in San Diego or HI come April.
I heard about the article from a friend of mine who was visiting Kaiser in Vallejo. She mailed me a copy. Really nice article.
Such a small world!

This post was edited on 3/4 11:39 AM by kkross22

Yes it is a small world.Great to hear the kids are doing well.

Im going to make a point of going to see Sierra play,probably in Norcals sometime soon.

KKROSS & BALLERS Dream - Are you letting this thread die or was it that your information was incorrect?

He was too excited with his own upset at UOP with MHS beating Oakridge...See how he does against his boyhood idol turned enemy at Sleep Train. See how his post can play that man to man defense.

Nor Cal Scout, I believe I stated I was not sure if it was true or not. When you say let it die, what exactly do you mean? I shared my thoughts, many piggybacked off of it, some shared things I didn't know or had not considered. There was really nothing for me to add worth posting. One thing which is really bothersome on this board is when people feel the need to comment in response to almost every posts, but really not adding anything to the conversation worth sharing, but instead just rambling on or saying unnecessary things to stir up drama.

This post was edited on 3/4 5:29 PM by kkross22

Nor Cal Scout

I was saying that the Stockton Record going to give the MVP to the best stats player on SMS. I think that's wrong because the best player in south SJS sections is McDonald hands down. But I think u have a problem when I talk about SMS. I think you bleed green or have an effectuation of SMS. But all the girls in the SJS sections if not Norcal knows the pecking order.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT