ADVERTISEMENT

Wild game in SoCal tonight...

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Hoops addict that I am, after I got home from the Campo game, I began watching videos of other games. On a whim, I decided to take a look at SoCal after watching a couple NorCal games...

Chino Hills was playing Damien tonight, and due to their entire bench going on the floor during a melee in their previous game, they had to take on Damien with exactly FIVE players. Lucky thing for them that it so happened their starters were already in the game when that fight broke out, so at least the five they had tonight were their starters...

But these five guys had to play as mistake-free as possible against 14-2 Damien. Anyone fouls out or gets injured, they gotta play with four... Anyone gets tired, too bad, keep playing...

With 1:53 left in the 3rd quarter, one of Chino's guys did indeed foul out... And they were already down 39-32 at the time. Looked like Chino Hills HAD to be done... Not so.

Into a 2-2 matchup zone they went, while Damien decided to spread the floor with a 5-out offense.

Damien couldn't seem to figure out Chino's junk defense at all, and Chino (especially #4) got HOT! 3-balls rained down, and Chino darn near won the game in regulation!

They went into OT tied at 55, and Damien finally did wear Chino down, winning 67-60.

Heck of a game!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT