ADVERTISEMENT

Will C. Wood 49 vs 59 Del Oro FINAL

Dan12Kings

Hall of Famer
Sep 14, 2010
I'll be in for this one, this match-up looks very interesting. Wood is facing the same opponent or maybe opponents, as my Vacaville Bulldogs did last year. First big test for Wood. The Bulldogs eliminated Del Oro last year with a memorable defensive goaline stand at the one yard line in the last seconds of that game. Could another Vacaville team eliminate Del Oro this year?

Dan -- you've jumped on the Wood bandwagon? Your city rival? Say it isn't so!

Also, remember that Del Oro was the SFL's 4th place team this season so don't gloat too much should they win :)

In all seriousness, good luck to both teams tonight. It should be a great game. Awesome season for Wood love to see that.

Reactions: DelOroFB_Dad
Historically teams with speed and more specifically speed outside of the tackles have posed a match-up problem for DO. DO got exposed by speed in both state championship games they played(Helix & Bakersfield). However DO has done a better job this year, vs their historical average, in containing speed. Not stopping speed but better at minimizing the long run gains out side the tackles. One of the reasons if you look at film is Trey Udoffia playing defense is getting to the edges faster and getting a piece of the RB and slowing them down or bringing them down. Of course it's all about the matchup and the offensive schemes and level of speed. Sounds like Wood is loaded with speed which will pose a big challenge to DO.

Let's play this game. Good luck to both teams. I'll be there

Dan, where do you recommend to park?

I'll be in for this one, this match-up looks very interesting. Wood is facing the same opponent or maybe opponents, as my Vacaville Bulldogs did last year. First big test for Wood. The Bulldogs eliminated Del Oro last year with a memorable defensive goaline stand at the one yard line in the last seconds of that game. Could another Vacaville team eliminate Del Oro this year?

Hopefully!

Just getting here I'm sitting in the Del Oro side of course, not sitting with rival Wood lol

Del Oro leads 7-0

Reactions: herwoo12
Dan -- you've jumped on the Wood bandwagon? Your city rival? Say it isn't so!

Also, remember that Del Oro was the SFL's 4th place team this season so don't gloat too much should they win :)

In all seriousness, good luck to both teams tonight. It should be a great game. Awesome season for Wood love to see that.

Haha ur funny, I'm just curious to see how Wood does in the playoffs. I'm not rooting for them, just being a fan of high school football and I really over the rivalry thing that was more when I was in high school and a couple of years after but now 8 years after attending high school I don't feel it as much. I feel more the rivalry between Napa that most likely will never go away.

Wow Wood looks like they shouldn't have been a playoff team right now. They are putting one of the worst performances I've seen, they have thrown at least 4 interceptions in their last 5 possessions.

Wow just as I say that Wood blocks a field goal and takes it for a TD 2pt conversion good.

DO 28 WCW 14 2ND QTR

Being down 11 is a lot better than 28. I'm sure Wood take that going into half, considering how bad they have played.

Wow. A 98-yard score followed by a ST TD will certainly flip the momentum of any game. Glad to see WCW put up a fight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT