ADVERTISEMENT

Will C. Wood 49 vs 59 Del Oro FINAL

Got a Del Oro fan next to me yelling at the refs and I don't blame him, horrible call to let Wood score on the next play.

Wood has built all their stats and big offense on weaker teams all season.

They play Napa and Del.Oro and get exposed......hmmmm

I give it to them they keep fighting, they don't want to give up, but yeah their soft schedule is coming back to haunt them in this game.

I rarely complain about officiating but refs are not calling some very obvious penalties. Even the max preps announcers were say how did the refs miss an obvious off sides on a Wood kickoff.

I rarely complain about officiating but refs are not calling some very obvious penalties. Even the max preps announcers were say how did the refs miss an obvious off sides on a Wood kickoff.

Totally agree I'm sitting right at the 40yrd line and I clearly saw half of Woods team off sides, terrible officiating all around.

D.O. dominated line play on O & D, 4 or 5 of those picks created by DL play (7 INT's overall wow). Wood battled for sure. Grizzlies at Pacers tonite will be a dandy, good luck to both teams.

I called it here after the BOD game that Wood wouldn't get past a physical team up front in the playoffs

Wow! It wud have been nice to Granite Bay-Wood Game! Maybe next year Cats'! Nice run though! Schedule up next few years!

This game against Wood is exactly where you see the benefit of Del Oro's preseason scheduling. Despite the losses and early season injuries, the Golden Eagles were severely battle-tested and the Wildcats were not. That doesn't always equate to a win, but it certainly helps in games where the difference in talent isn't all that much.

I keep reminding the DO naysayers who constantly bash their scheduling of this, but in one ear, out the other.

This is by no means a great DO team. They've looked awful at times. But they continue to enjoy postseason success year after year because they push their players and their program. They usually overachieve even when they don't have a ton of talent. This season is yet another prime example. They did the same thing in 2012 when they started the season 0-4 and finished the regular season 5-5. They advanced to the D2 semifinals and nearly upset a really good Elk Grove team to get to the Finals.

Now we see Granite Bay doing the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT