ADVERTISEMENT

Wood Wildcats?

ncscalfootball

Hall of Famer
May 24, 2011
How are they looking for the upcoming season? Will they continue on? How does their schedule look like?
Hopefully they renewed the Concord Game!

How are they looking for the upcoming season? Will they continue on? How does their schedule look like?
Hopefully they renewed the Concord Game!
ncscalfootball....It looks like Wood will be playing Liberty at Liberty, but it looks like the Concord game was a one shot deal???...There are a lot of incomplete schedules as many of the coaches have been real slow in submitting them.....

Sad to hear about the Concord Series (2 year deal?)...that was a good one along with the Freedom Game...how does Liberty look? New coach...Liberty growing?

Sad to hear about the Concord Series (2 year deal?)...that was a good one along with the Freedom Game...how does Liberty look? New coach...Liberty growing?
Liberty can run hot and cold, but the Lion's have a very good JV team moving up and if they hold together and not scatter to Freedom or Heritage.....The wood/Liberty game should be very good, but also, Wood's JV team did pretty well, so this should be a good contest...

Bluedog2, thanks always for the feedback. According to another site Wood has 21 Seniors returning and 3 Juniors returning with players from a 1-9 JV team moving up. Their new QB will be Carson Strong Jr., 6'4", 4.9 Speed. Their new Rb will be Christian Catlin Jr., 5'9', 4.6 Speed with WR Deshawn Parks Senior, 5'9", 4.6 Speed...hope it is a good one

Bluedog2, thanks always for the feedback. According to another site Wood has 21 Seniors returning and 3 Juniors returning with players from a 1-9 JV team moving up. Their new QB will be Carson Strong Jr., 6'4", 4.9 Speed. Their new Rb will be Christian Catlin Jr., 5'9', 4.6 Speed with WR Deshawn Parks Senior, 5'9", 4.6 Speed...hope it is a good one
Holy Cow...I thought that the Wood Jv team did far better then that, interesting that there are 21 seniors returning...This very well will be another big year for Wood.....I guess the new football field
is on hold, when I was at the Alhambra-Wood scrimmage, the guys were telling me that they had the money and the work would start this year...????

The majority of the Wood team of seniors is made up of second stringers from last years team, their ace in the hole is Deshawn Parks and Christian Catlin who appears to be up from the JV's and you are right, these guys are speedsters.....Carson Strong was in the shadows of last season's QB, but this guy was shining, but had to play as a back up, but he is dangerous, he can run and pass and plays smart....The Liberty game will be a real test for Wood...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT