ADVERTISEMENT

Xavion Brown Is Still Unsigned....

LOVE Xavion's game... Explosive as all heck, solid passer and (obviously) can take it to the rack on anyone. Strong defender, too.

Only reason I can see why he's not getting a ton of D1 attention is that he's not a very good shooter... He's somewhat better now than he used to be, but opponents still tend to sag back and dare him to put it up. If he was even just a slightly above-average shooter, he'd have offers aplenty.

Reactions: Martsn916
LOVE Xavion's game... Explosive as all heck, solid passer and (obviously) can take it to the rack on anyone. Strong defender, too.

Only reason I can see why he's not getting a ton of D1 attention is that he's not a very good shooter... He's somewhat better now than he used to be, but opponents still tend to sag back and dare him to put it up. If he was even just a slightly above-average shooter, he'd have offers aplenty.

Very odd how none of the Sheldon seniors outside of bagley have signed or committed especially to d2 schools. Do they have offers?

Reactions: bballpeep
Seen him many times and i don't get it he plays BOTH ends and is willing to gaurd anybody and while his jump shot is not
his strongest asset he makes them in clutch
spots and more importantly he is a winner
seams to me he could be a stud big sky or
Big west type of gaurd his athlectic ablity
Would be hard to deal with in either of those conferences.

Is he a qualifier? D1 athlete, defends & has improved every year. Can only be the classroom holding him back.

Definitely looks like a D1 player to me, he maybe can’t shoot well, but he can do it all besides that......big west and big sky should be all over him

On Friday, March 13, 2020, the NCAA adopted emergency legislation to establish a temporary recruiting dead period for all NCAA Division I and II sports, effective immediately, and in effect until at least April 15, 2020.

maybe schools can't offer him yet.

Reactions: MC415
He would get minutes at sac state next year. No reason why any of those schools haven’t offered. Only knock for bigger programs is not a true 1 and at 6”1-6”2 not that long wing that schools love. Sometimes colleges get real hung up on kids fitting into a that box. I would be shocked if he doesn’t get smaller d1 offers.

He would get minutes at sac state next year. No reason why any of those schools haven’t offered. Only knock for bigger programs is not a true 1 and at 6”1-6”2 not that long wing that schools love. Sometimes colleges get real hung up on kids fitting into a that box. I would be shocked if he doesn’t get smaller d1 offers.

The reality is that nobody outside of the player and his family and maybe his coaches know the details to any particular situation. You never know a players grades, test scores, willingness to be a role player at the next level. You know how many players a program like sac state reaches out to and gets no response from the player? If every school on the west coast has seen a player a million times in high school and in aau and there still is no interest there might be a reason for that.

His only position is a PG. He is basically a extremely athletic Rondo. Have you seen how long his arms are? They go down to his knees. I just don’t think you watch Sheldon games at all.

The reality is that nobody outside of the player and his family and maybe his coaches know the details to any particular situation. You never know a players grades, test scores, willingness to be a role player at the next level. You know how many players a program like sac state reaches out to and gets no response from the player? If every school on the west coast has seen a player a million times in high school and in aau and there still is no interest there might be a reason for that.
He’s a qualifier
One of the recruiting websites lists an offer from UC Davis

Yeah, I've seen the Davis offer... Hard to think that's the only offer, tho... Maybe the above-mentioned dead period has something to do with it, but I'd be inclined to think others of at least that level would love to have him on their side... and I'm surprised that seemingly no other early offers have come about, despite the apparent shooting issues.

In any case, yes we are all guessing here... Agree with that take completely.

His only position is a PG. He is basically a extremely athletic Rondo. Have you seen how long his arms are? They go down to his knees. I just don’t think you watch Sheldon games at all.

Wow! Insightful. His arms go down to his knees..and he’s an athletic rondo.. I guess UK will be calling then. Dumb.

Wow! Insightful. His arms go down to his knees..and he’s an athletic rondo.. I guess UK will be calling then. Dumb.
He runs the offense is an elite defender, a great passer, and rebounds really good for his size. He is a POINT GUARD. He’s not a 2 or 3. Because of his strength and athleticism he can guard 1-3. You don’t watch Sheldon games. It’s a shame you should watch more games live. Then you can see why they have been the top team in NorCal the past 3 years

He runs the offense is an elite defender, a great passer, and rebounds really good for his size. He is a POINT GUARD. He’s not a 2 or 3. Because of his strength and athleticism he can guard 1-3. You don’t watch Sheldon games. It’s a shame you should watch more games live. Then you can see why they have been the top team in NorCal the past 3 years
He rides for the guy at Jesuit.

He. X will get something soon... Just wait until all of this shakes out...But talking to a coach from a Mountain West school, I was told. Wellhe said, many of the Sheldon guys are non qualifiers. I DONT know how true that is, but that was his rational on not why his school wasnt recruiting Sheldon Heavily....Btw I think Currie from Sheldon via San Francisco city JC is committing soon.

Last edited:
OFFERS Soon . All haters VUKOVICH quit making bs assumptions and accusations. . As for Sac State . Been following Sheldon along time and I only ever recall seeing a sac state coach 1 time at a Sheldon game . Look at their roster. Almost no Sac players ever. This year will change as they have Rick Barros and Christian Terrrel. But CT is a Sr transfer back home.
Also As AAU goes. Coaches were limited to certain dates this year. If you weren’t on a big circuit team then there weren’t many coaches. I’m sure if X was on the Soldiers or Compton Magic he would have multiple offers already

SUPELE you are correct. But do you mean Xavion or Xavier. I hear Some seniors are not qualified . . D1 guidelines are laid out and you need to put in your work beginning your freshman year. If you mess up early it’s hard to catch up. . However Xavion is a qualifier. He will be getting offers bet the house on it. . Some kids think they can go juco route and get a deal. Problem is they a lot of time don’t realize if they don’t D1 qualify from high school they need to get the AA in Juco to transfer. That brings us to Dale Curry. Hear he did his work and will graduate from San Fran and ink a deal. Congrats to him
FLAGRANT.... LARRY hasn’t seen a Sheldon game in some time. I think he’s ruffled to many feathers . Last sighting of him at Sheldon was like 3 -4 years ago at the Adidas challenge but it was at an early game and he ran out of the gym before the top games began.

Given all the online classes that can be taken, how does a program/coach allow that to happen in 2020? Qualifying is a low standard.
I know you didn't tag me but I want to Chime in on this topic a little bit. I believe parents need to be more on top of it than the coach. My last season coaching AAU , myself and my assistant coach Todd Chesebro had a player and parent meeting and I explained to everyone in attendance that nobody was going to Dallas unless they had registered for the NCAA and they had to bring in their transcripts for us to review. By doing that we caught 3 people that were not on course to be a qualifier. A lot of parents and coaches just look at the GPA. Even at these Catholic / private high schools things slip through the cracks. Coaches play a big role if they help or don't help. They hurt the kid by not tracking them in their core classes that are acceptable. Parents need to set up time to meet with counselors as they set up times to attend games. When I caught the classes that needed to be replaced or added we talked to the parent and contacted their HS coach.
It takes everyone to be on top of it.

Given all the online classes that can be taken, how does a program/coach allow that to happen in 2020? Qualifying is a low standard.

Kids have to match motivation in the classroom same as on the court. Coaches and parents can only do so much. Team effort

HEAT if you think Sheldon doesn’t get the exposure for college coaches to watch that is a furthest thing from truth. Sheldon is playing in all the big time tourneys. This isn’t a kid from yreka.
I stand by my original statement . Small d1 player. Be a good player at UCD type. Why that hasn’t happened I don’t know but it’s not lack of talent .

Kids have to match motivation in the classroom same as on the court. Coaches and parents can only do so much. Team effort

HEAT if you think Sheldon doesn’t get the exposure for college coaches to watch that is a furthest thing from truth. Sheldon is playing in all the big time tourneys. This isn’t a kid from yreka.
I stand by my original statement . Small d1 player. Be a good player at UCD type. Why that hasn’t happened I don’t know but it’s not lack of talent .

mess up as a freshman and it is uphill from there. at that point they know jc will be easier than putting in the extra work as a junior or senior.

Reactions: H.E.A.T.
I know you didn't tag me but I want to Chime in on this topic a little bit. I believe parents need to be more on top of it than the coach. My last season coaching AAU , myself and my assistant coach Todd Chesebro had a player and parent meeting and I explained to everyone in attendance that nobody was going to Dallas unless they had registered for the NCAA and they had to bring in their transcripts for us to review. By doing that we caught 3 people that were not on course to be a qualifier. A lot of parents and coaches just look at the GPA. Even at these Catholic / private high schools things slip through the cracks. Coaches play a big role if they help or don't help. They hurt the kid by not tracking them in their core classes that are acceptable. Parents need to set up time to meet with counselors as they set up times to attend games. When I caught the classes that needed to be replaced or added we talked to the parent and contacted their HS coach.
It takes everyone to be on top of it.

That is the idea situation with all three parties (player/high school/AAU) working together but in the end, it is up to the player and family since it is their career. Also not always as easy as it sounds.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
@Renard Monroe You are right. It is ultimately falls on the parents and players but coaches [high school/aau] have been through the process before and should have a lot more knowledge than a lot of parents/players.

Ultimately it is not rocket science. I would rather my son put in extra work junior/senior year than go the Juco route.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT