ADVERTISEMENT

I’m back at DLS…

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Yup, had to correct three typos already.

I’m not a lousy typist, as in “Barely makes the team as a senior, plays three minutes all season”…. More “Get laughed out of the first practice” lousy.

I still am bringing my keyboard, but no live-ball attempts to type any more…. too ^%*^*%$%^&&^^. frustrating.

Anywa, DLS frosh lead Dougherty Valley 7-4.

41-33 final…. I think. Scoreboard froze up three times in the last couple minutes…. They used the clocks on the backbaords for time, but no idea if there was any scoring down the stretch.

The techies are digging into it between games…

While they try to exorcise the evil spirits out of this scoreboard…. JV’s are warming up after the DLS frosh win.

DLS JV schedule not filled out all the way yet…. I *know* they’ve played more than 10 games. (7-3 in those, btw)

Well, that’s more filled-out than the MaxPreps JV sked of Dougherty Valley, tho…. I’m pretty sure they’ve played more games than their 3-0 “record” indicates.

As I wait…. let’s see. DV’s Varsity is 11-7, DLS’s is 16-3.

State rankings: DLS #18, DV #175.

Sounds like a mismatch and might well be…. but these league games can get wonky.

It was hard for me to hear as I left here last night, but I *think* Ethan Kassel told me that DLS should keep DV below 40 points.

Noticed Zaza Pachulia is here, watching his freshman son, Davit, play JV for the Spartans.

13-12 Sparty now, 5:05 left, Davit fouled and at the stripe.

Makes one of two.

Dougherty fast-breaks to tie the score at 14, time out, 4:53 left in the half.

Nice basck-door to DV #2 for a score.. 18-14. Davit with a corner 2, 18-16 Dougherty, 1:30 left in the half.

Backdoor again, to same guy…. 20-16.

DLS score by #30, 20-18 DV, time out, 59.0 left in the half.

DV with a late score, foul, FT…. 35-30 Dougherty after a long DLS try goes awry, and that;s the quarter.

Dougherty threatening to take this one over now…. 39-32, ol’ Uncle Mo on their side. 5:44 left.

Steal and quick DLS score…. Maybe uncle mo’ is thinking about changing sides…. 39-34.

DV steal, break…. layup spins out, but a DLS foul. Makes one.

40-34.

Nice pass to #30, DLS score.. 40-36.

DV #2 fouled on the way…. makes one. 41-36.

Terrific rebound, pass for a score…. Davit to…. #32, I think…. 41-38.

Davit Pachulia putback…. 41-40 DV, they call time, 1:51 left.

HUUUUUUGE 3 by DV #2! This after a full run of the shot clock, shot, DV rebound, and other full run of said clock.

44-40 DV. 33.4 left.

DLS #14 drives to the hoop, misses inside…. but he’s fouled by DV#2…. FT goes up, nope…. 2nd, nope.. DLS rebound, pass to #14, takes a corner 3, BANG! 44-43, 13.8 left.

DV has the ball on their own end, up by 1.

Immediate DLS foul…. #2 at the line for 2. Both good.

DLS rushes downcourt, time out, 8.0 left.

DLS ball, down 3…

They get it to Pachulia, rushed 3 with two guys on him…. Nope. DV wins 46-43. That was one helluva JV game!

Looking at the DV schedule, the closest thing I can find to a “signature win” is a 3-point loss to SRV.

Dougherty Valley graduated a ton of top talent last year.

If they can match that level of effort vs Sparty tonight, they have at least a puncher’s chance.

But I’m betting on the boxer. :)

They just announced that Alec Blair scored his 1000th career point last week vs. Monte Vista.

Blair catch underneath, doubleteam, fouled…. FT’s double clank.

Turnover back to DLS…

SWEET pass sets up at Sparty score…. but Dougherty answers right back and #34 is fouled…FT is good. 19-16 DLS.

Blair nice pass to #32, score.. 21-16/

Sparty rebound, they get downcourt, pass to Blair for an easy one. 23-16.

DLS Steals, time out to avoid losing it right back. 2:39 left, 23-16.

Big #32 of DLS is too much to handle…. 25-16.

STEAL, another Sparty score…. 27-16.

Threatening to get out of hand here… but DV #34 fouled, bonus…. FT’s good. 27-18.

GREAT pass to Blair, who jams it with both hands…. 29-18.

Another Sparty score, 31-20.

DV #24 fouled, at the stripe… both good. 31-22.

32 seconds. Spartans try for last shot, nope…. Blair flicks it away from a DV driver as the clock runs out

31-22 DLS at the half.

Scoring is tough to come by here…. 34-25, just 3 points each after 3.5 minutes of the 3rd. Slower than my typing.

DLS #42 hits a pair at the line…. 36-25.

DV #33 fouled on a putback try…. FT’s both good…. 36-27, 4:15 left 3rd…

a silly unforced travel by DLS…. rather unlike them…. Leads eventuall by a putback score and 1 for DV #4. FT good. 36-30.

DV with a stop…. STEAL by #42, he scores…. 38-30.

Steal by #42 again, pass to Blair, he THROWS DOWN! 40-30…

Foul on the other end, on DLS’s Ricketts, his 4th…. FT’s good, 40-32.

Blair shot, rims out…. DV gets downcourt, almost loses the rock, calls time with 1:49 left.

Blair rebound, pass downcourt, pass back to him, takes a shot, no…. #32 with a big offensive board, he’s fouled…. FT’s split. 41-32.

#24 nails a 3, 55 seconds…. DLS spins a lil clock, gets it inside, scores. 43-35. 27.7 left.

Quarter buzzer…. 43-35 DLS.

DV seems good enough to stick with ‘em, but just can’t find any spots to score.

DV with a score by #24..

GREAT hesi move by Spartan #23…. 45-37.

#24 again for DV…. 45-40, maybe momentum is changing? Blair fouled going up…. First one good, the 2nd also. 47-40.

DV #34 with a GREAT move and runner…. 47-42.

DLS time out. 4:49 on the game clock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT