ADVERTISEMENT

Yaru Harvey commits to Eastern Washington

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Former Sheldon guard Yaru Harvey has committed to Eastern Washington. He is now at Southern California Academy.

Congrats to him .Happy and proud of him . So here’s a thread to start a debate. Yaru had the Eastern Washington Offer a year ago. So why leave your Senior year to take an offer you already had.
Whats also comical is these trainers and prep schools will use this to sell there brand when they had absolutely nothing to do with it SMH

Congrats to him .Happy and proud of him . So here’s a thread to start a debate. Yaru had the Eastern Washington Offer a year ago. So why leave your Senior year to take an offer you already had.
Whats also comical is these trainers and prep schools will use this to sell there brand when they had absolutely nothing to do with it SMH

Heat well said on the preps and trainers. Or should I say some of them. I know the trainer you are referring too his Twitter is comic relief. It’s quite astonishing to see how little self awareness some people have.

i am sure he left to try and get better offers. clearly this whole corona thing sort of hated on his plan. so he took what he had. he probably would have got something better if there was a season but he still made a business decision and it worked out.

Reactions: OtherBrotha
What's even more comical is when the trainer takes credit and goes with the line
"Congrats to my guy"

My nephews and Yaru have been with the same Trainer for over 2 years. Though they're younger, I've seen that kid put in work. I do agree with the prep school part.

Really happy for Yaru. He’s a great kid on and off the court.. And whatever the reason he left he’s getting the opportunity to play and prepare for next year while the Cali HS teams are having to sit it out or play at courtside and secret runs. So all’s well that ends well. It’s just the world we living in

Reactions: Jumper3
Hoopskills.
I’m not pointing fingers at anyone specifically. There are some good trainers I know in sac . B Ham Bernard Seals,Sam Loung,Marcus Kirkland,Nate Garth, tru handles etc etc . They all can play an important role in the development of a player. It’s great if they help a player get better. Also if they take a nobody and develop them and have connections and get a deal then absolutely take some credit. But if you take a kid with multiple offers and even make him a better all around player, don’t make it sound like YOU are the reason the kid got a deal he already had. Same goes for Prep schools. Most kids that go there are already going to college and just hone their skills. Perfect example would be Isa Silva at Jesuit. Etop and the Compton magic Got him his deal. Should prolific prep toot their horn like they did it all for him. And I’m not saying they did or didn’t. Just congratulate the kids success and move on . That just my opinion.

Last edited:
Nate Garth at Hoopskills is the man. My son worked alongside him at a couple camps and then started training with him years ago before he even started his own training business. Nate is always about the kids...not the brand.

I’m not pointing fingers at anyone specifically. There are some good trainers I know in sac . B Ham Bernard Seals,Sam Loung,Marcus Kirkland,Nate Garth, tru handles etc etc . They all can play an important role in the development of a player. It’s great if they help a player get better. Also if they take a nobody and develop them and have connections and get a deal then absolutely take some credit. But if you take a kid with multiple offers and even make him a better all around player, don’t make it sound like YOU are the reason the kid got a deal he already had. Same goes for Prep schools. Most kids that go there are already going to college and just hone their skills. Perfect example would be Isa Silva at Jesuit. Etop Hand the Compton magic Got him his deal. Should prolific prep tooth or horn like they did it all for him. And I’m not saying they did or didn’t. Just congratulate the kids success and move on . That just my opinion.
Great reply.

Should prolific prep toot their horn like they did it all for him.

H.E.A.T Where did Prolific Prep come into your conversation about taking credit for someone? Where are you seeing this taking credit for someone at? Our alumni speak on our behalf. There is a reason we have 10+ alumni running open gym and working out all summer in Napa, instead of spending the Summer with their college programs. That is a true sign of respect and where the best runs in the Bay Area are. Those are FACTS!

Have you ever been to a Prolific Prep practice this year? A Strength and Conditioning workout? How are you basing your posting? You post as if we don't get down at Prolific Prep and just roll the ball out. Pure speculation and factless. Your posting was so 7 years ago

As for the real part of this posting, Yaru Harvey made the ABSOLUTE RIGHT DECISION for himself this fall by getting on the GRIND SESSION! While he is playing against future pros, other kids sitting in their rooms playing Video Games and watching him on the iPhone. He just increased his competition level, IQ, and ability to succeed in college for his freshman year by 50%. Great decision by Yaru! People get caught up on scholarships on this board. It's all about your ability to PLAY WHILE YOU ARE IN COLLEGE YOUR FRESHMAN YEAR OR YOU WILL TRANSFER!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: OtherBrotha
H.E.A.T Where did Prolific Prep come into your conversation about taking credit for someone? Where are you seeing this taking credit for someone at? Our alumni speak on our behalf. There is a reason we have 10+ alumni running open gym and working out all summer in Napa, instead of spending the Summer with their college programs. That is a true sign of respect and where the best runs in the Bay Area are. Those are FACTS!

Have you ever been to a Prolific Prep practice this year? A Strength and Conditioning workout? How are you basing your posting? You post as if we don't get down at Prolific Prep and just roll the ball out. Pure speculation and factless. Your posting was so 7 years ago

As for the real part of this posting, Yaru Harvey made the ABSOLUTE RIGHT DECISION for himself this fall by getting on the GRIND SESSION! While he is playing against future pros, other kids sitting in their rooms playing Video Games and watching him on the iPhone. He just increased his competition level, IQ, and ability to succeed in college for his freshman year by 50%. Great decision by Yaru! People get caught up on scholarships on this board. It's all about your ability to PLAY WHILE YOU ARE IN COLLEGE YOUR FRESHMAN YEAR OR YOU WILL TRANSFER!!!
Go back and read again . It was just a hypothetical question . WHAT IS THE LINE AFTER WHAT YOU QUOTED. ....... Here let me help you . I said and I quote I DONT KNOW IF THEY DID OR DIDNT. Quit being so sensitive . Again I asked a hypothetical Question and the answer should be no you shouldn’t. Again I never said anything about an ISA or a Jordan Brown or a Jalen Green , or a Namari etc etc. Is it a good decision to go there and train and get better prepared . ABSOLUTELY. But in my Opinion you shouldn’t take all the credit for where they end up. All those kids prepared for years and you were the end of the road for them . Again not saying you did. So before you go on some rant try reading the post

Heat, if we quoting your original post you asked “why leave and take an offer that you already have” ... to most it’s obvious but to you it’s a mystery and that’s most telling. You sounded hella butt hurt over this and then tried to walk it back. That’s been ur MO for a while. Lastly in this situation Nate ain’t had to TAKE credit it was freely given by Yaru and his family.

Heat, if we quoting your original post you asked “why leave and take an offer that you already have” ... to most it’s obvious but to you it’s a mystery and that’s most telling. You sounded hella butt hurt over this and then tried to walk it back. That’s been ur MO for a while. Lastly in this situation Nate ain’t had to TAKE credit it was freely given by Yaru and his family.
Nah not a mystery ,not but hurt and don’t care.. If you read I said “here’s a thread to start a debate . “ Obviously it has done that. The only ones who are but hurt seem to be the ones they think I’m referring to them . Just like prolific got all excited and went on a rant when I clearly just used that situation in a hypothetical context.
And clearly stated not saying they did or didn’t. I’m happy for Yaru , he’s a good kid. You can twist it anyway you like but there is nothing more to it than that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT