LB Shaq Thompson (Grant)
LB Lance Briggs (Elk Grove)
LB Ben Burr-Kirven (Sacred Heart Prep)
DL Eddie Vanderdoes (Placer)
DL Austin Hooper (DLS)
DL Tak McKinley (Kennedy, Richmond)
DL Kahlil McKenzie (DLS)

Reactions: 13 others and advin
I would find a place for Cameron Smith in that linebacker corp and if it's based on high school move Boss Tagaloa from OL to DL. Scratching my head why Jonah Williams didn't crack your top five OL? If college play is factored in one could make a case for OL Dru Samia from SRV and four year starter at the University of Oklahoma. Armstead OL or DL?

Last edited:
Based on what tho? What they did in HS or HS and Beyond? How do we factor in level competition? Much love to Beast Mode but he wasn't racking up the numbers David Henderson was. And for all the shit he got for playing on the AAA the boy went for over 400 Total Yards when they saw McClymonds in the TransBay Bowl.

I would find a place for Cameron Smith in that linebacker corp and if it's based on high school move Boss Tagaloa from OL to DL. Scratching my head why Jonah Williams didn't crack your top five OL? If college play is factored in one could make a case for OL Dru Samia from SRV and four year starter at the University of Oklahoma. Armstead OL or DL?
I agree with Williams but I've seen both Cam and Ben play on the high school level and that kid from SHP is faster, stronger and just as intelligent as Cam. Armstead is a natural OL not DL. He would have made a ton of money playing LT. But you're welcomed to make "your" Norcal All-Star team. This is mine off the top of my head and I've witnessed every player I selected live during their prep career.

Based on what tho? What they did in HS or HS and Beyond? How do we factor in level competition? Much love to Beast Mode but he wasn't racking up the numbers David Henderson was. And for all the shit he got for playing on the AAA the boy went for over 400 Total Yards when they saw McClymonds in the TransBay Bowl.
Just high school and it's your opinion/selection on who you believe is the best at their position. For instance, you might believe Leki Nunn (Serra) was a better prep QB than my choice of John Boyett (Napa). Although Boyett was wicked. He leaped a defender every game.

Jump'n Boyett:

Last edited:
Best NorCal QB was Randy Fasani (Del Oro). #1 ranked QB in the nation coming out of high school and played at Stanford and in the NFL for Carolina

Reactions: RidgeRider
Best NorCal QB was Randy Fasani (Del Oro). #1 ranked QB in the nation coming out of high school and played at Stanford and in the NFL for Carolina
Sorry but 1992 Heisman trophy winner Gino Torretta (Pinole Valley) has been known as the best prep QB in NorCal by the masses for years. He was a two time National Championship QB for the University of Miami and was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings. As a prep player I'll take Boyett over both Torretta and Fasani because of his athleticism and savviness to keep a play alive when things don't go to plan.

Hard, if not impossible to judge just on HS over 20 years as earlier poster noted due to such different levels of competition. If you base it on being highly productive/dominant in High School and then being able to demonstrate it again in college and even pros I think you can start to narrow it down. Some great players I have seen over the past 20 years that were all almost immediate impact players in college and most in pros would include some of the following:

QB's Jared Goff - Marin Catholic, Cal, Rams #1 draft pick
Jake Browning - Folsom (set almost all HS records), UW
Handful of guys had magical Boyett type HS careers - Graves at Folsom; Drew Schiller of Burlingame comes to mind who was Gatorade athlete of the year for CA during HS. Also - Pearson of Carmel had over 10,000 all-purpose yards throwing and running and accounted for 117 TD's.

RB's - hard to quibble with Lynch - but also have:

Jahvid Best - Salesian 6000+ yards, Cal, Lions 1st round pick

Najee Harris - Antioch 7800+ yards in HS - playing at Alabama as an underclassman

Ontario Smith - Grant 6,000 plus HS yards 99 TDS, Tennessee, Oregon, 4th round pick Vikings

Maurice Jones-Drew - Great career at DLS, UCLA, great pro career 2nd round pick Jacksonville

Doug Martin - St. Mary's, Boise St.; 1st round pick Tampa Bay

Hard to come up with any better receivers than the two you have but;

James Jones Gunderson, San Jose State - 3rd round pick of the Packers who had a nice career was dominant in HS

Julian Edelman - Woodside - great HS quarterback of undefeated team, played QB in JC and Kent State-- 7th round pick of Patriots with great pro receiving career.

Tight End - Would put Austin Hooper here - DLS, Stanford - 3rd round pick Falcons

Rhett Ellison from St. Francis was also great in HS and at USC and has had a long pro career as a fourth round pick.

OL - All really dominant HS lineman with strong college impact (some in pros)

Andy Levitre - San Lorenzo Valley, 35 starts at Oregon State named All American, - 2nd round pick of the Bills

Carl Nicks - North Salinas - Nebraska -5th round draft pick - all pro with Saints

Many mentioned Williams - Folsom - starter as underclassman at national Champion Alabama and Samia - SRV and Oklahoma

Kolton Miller - Roseville, UCLA - 1st round pick of Raiders

Defense

Lineman

Jared Allen - was a beast at Los Gatos - got into some trouble and lost college interest but had great career at Idaho State and then was a fourth round pick of the Chiefs - played 12 years with 136 sacks in pros.

From the WCAL Jeff Schweiger from Valley Christian was state Gatorade player of the year as a DE and started at USC and Rashard Greene from Sacred Heart Cathedral was unblock able in HS with 45 sacks his last two years and also started at USC - not sure if either made the pros.

Vita Vea - Milpitas - U Washington dominated in HS and college and was #1 pick of Bucs in last years draft

Derek Landri - DLS, Notre Dame and 5th round pick of the Jaguars dominated in HS and college.

Linebackers

Mason Foster - Seaside, University of Washington - 3rd round pick and long pro career with Redskins and Bucs

Cameron Smith -Granite Bay, USC - over 300 tackles already

Kiko Alonso - Dominated at Los Gatos and Oregon - 2nd round pick of the Dolphins with long NFL career

Defensive Backs

Marcus Peters - McLymonds, three year starter at U Washington with 11 Int's and a first round pick of the Chiefs.

Dwight Lowry - Soquel - had one of the best prep careers in Santa Cruz county, All-American at San Jose State - long pro career as safety and corner with Jets and other teams.

Last edited:
Sorry but 1992 Heisman trophy winner Gino Torretta (Pinole Valley) has been known as the best prep QB in NorCal by the masses for years.

Unless he changed it before I read these replies, the key to the post is the following:

From the 1999 season to Present

Even then, there would be a lot of folks that would disagree that Gino Torretta has been known as the best anything or that Fasani (who I like a lot) was the better than say Troy Taylor, Aaron Garcia, Chad Elliott, Dano Graves, Jake Browning, Marshall Sperbeck, Tony Eason, or Ken O'Brien -- just to name a few.

If the criteria is what the player's accomplished in HS only -- the answers will differ versus judging on the entirety of their careers.

Reactions: DelOroFB_Dad
Based on what tho? What they did in HS or HS and Beyond?

This is the key criteria. IMO, it's got to be what we saw of these player in HS. Doesn't matter if they were too small/slow to get a scholarship or if they flamed out in college/pros or if they became HOF'ers.

How do we factor in level competition?

I think that's on the eye test. If you saw someone you knew was one of the best you've ever seen, level of comp doesn't matter.

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Hard, if not impossible to judge just on HS over 20 years as earlier poster noted due to such different levels of competition. If you base it on being highly productive/dominant in High School and then being able to demonstrate it again in college and even pros I think you can start to narrow it down. Some great players I have seen over the past 20 years that were all almost immediate impact players in college and most in pros would include some of the following:

Handful of guys had magical Boyett type HS careers - Graves at Folsom; Drew Schiller of Burlingame comes to mind who was Gatorade athlete of the year for CA during HS. Also - Pearson of Carmel had over 10,000 all-purpose yards throwing and running and accounted for 117 TD's.

Najee Harris - Antioch 7800+ yards in HS - playing at Alabama as an underclassman

Ontario Smith - Grant 6,000 plus HS yards 99 TDS, Tennessee, Oregon, 4th round pick Vikings

Maurice Jones-Drew - Great career at DLS, UCLA, great pro career 2nd round pick Jacksonville

James Jones Gunderson, San Jose State - 3rd round pick of the Packers who had a nice career was dominant in HS

Julian Edelman - Woodside - great HS quarterback of undefeated team, played QB in JC and Kent State-- 7th round pick of Patriots with great pro receiving career.

Tight End - Would put Austin Hooper here - DLS, Stanford - 3rd round pick Falcons

Rhett Ellison from St. Francis was also great in HS and at USC and has had a long pro career as a fourth round pick.

Andy Levitre - San Lorenzo Valley, 35 starts at Oregon State named All American, - 2nd round pick of the Bills

Carl Nicks - North Salinas - Nebraska -5th round draft pick - all pro with Saints

Many mentioned Williams - Folsom - starter as underclassman at national Champion Alabama and Samia - SRV and Oklahoma

Defense

Lineman

Jared Allen - was a beast at Los Gatos - got into some trouble and lost college interest but had great career at Idaho State and then was a fourth round pick of the Chiefs - played 12 years with 136 sacks in pros.

From the WCAL Jeff Schweiger from Valley Christian was state Gatorade player of the year as a DE and started at USC and Rashard Greene from Sacred Heart Cathedral was unblock able in HS with 45 sacks his last two years and also started at USC - not sure if either made the pros.

Vita Vea - Milpitas - U Washington dominated in HS and college and was #1 pick of Bucs in last years draft

Derek Landri - DLS, Notre Dame and 5th round pick of the Jaguars dominated in HS and college.

Linebackers

Mason Foster - Seaside, University of Washington - 3rd round pick and long pro career with Redskins and Bucs

Kiko Alonso - Dominated at Los Gatos and Oregon - 2nd round pick of the Dolphins with long NFL career

Defensive Backs

Marcus Peters - McLymonds, three year starter at U Washington with 11 Int's and a first round pick of the Chiefs.

Dwight Lowry - Soquel - had one of the best prep careers in Santa Cruz county, All-American at San Jose State - long pro career as safety and corner with Jets and other teams.
Great list of players. Didn't know Julian Edelman was a NorCal guy.

This is the key criteria. IMO, it's got to be what we saw of these player in HS. Doesn't matter if they were too small/slow to get a scholarship or if they flamed out in college/pros or if they became HOF'ers.

I think that's on the eye test. If you saw someone you knew was one of the best you've ever seen, level of comp doesn't matter.
Exactly TR.

It's hard not to say Jake Browning if you're in a pass first offense.

If you're run first, I'd say Dano Graves (even tho Folsom was spread) or even my guy Julian Edelman.

Reactions: ThunderRam
It's hard not to say Jake Browning if you're in a pass first offense.

If you're run first, I'd say Dano Graves (even tho Folsom was spread) or even my guy Julian Edelman.

Exactly. I'm working up a list and for QB’s, I have them split into 2 groups. Primarily pocket passers and dual-threats.

Last edited:

Defense

Lineman

Linebackers

Defensive Backs

This is a great list. Your QB's make a lot better sense. And Jonah Williams is the best HS Offensive Lineman in the history of SJS. Amstead is such a bust. Niners need to dump him.

Another one most on here are to young to remember. JD Hill Edison Stockton WR wa pretty darn good.In the late 60's and early 70's Edison had fantastic athletes. My freshman year Edison had 10 players on their team that ran under 10 flat in 100 yard dash and 2 of those were linemen.

Reactions: remc
This is all based on HS production and/or success, the positions they played primarily while in HS, and how valuable they were to their teams. These are all players I saw play numerous times.

QB (Pocket Passer): Aaron GarciaGrant Union

Honorable mention
:
  • Jake Browning – Folsom
  • Chad Elliott – Grant Union, Nevada Union
  • Randy Fasani - Del Oro

QB (Dual-Threat): Dano GravesFolsom

Honorable mention:
  • Ryan Dimino – Del Campo
  • Tim Lang – Grant Union
  • Troy Martig – Bellarmine
  • Troy Taylor – Cordova

RB: Onterrio SmithGrant Union

Honorable mention:
  • Devontae Booker – Grant Union
  • Najee Harris – Antioch
  • Maurice Jones-Drew – De La Salle
  • James Kidd – Elk Grove
  • Daniyel Ngata – Folsom

WR: Donte StallworthGrant Union

Honorable mention:
  • Davante Adams – Palo Alto
  • Matt Barnes – Del Campo
  • Brian Brown – Yuba City
  • Austin Collie – Oak Ridge
  • Joe Ngata – Folsom

TE: Austin Hooper De La Salle

Honorable mention:
  • Devin Asiasi – De La Salle
  • Tony Cline – Davis SR.

DL: Derek Landri – De La Salle

Honorable mention:
  • Kevin Anderson – Palo Alto
  • Tedy Bruschi – Roseville
  • Jason Fisk – Davis SR.
  • Vei Moala – Grant Union
  • Clyde Sanders – Grant Union
  • Bill Sherman – Del Oro

LB: (TIE) Lance BriggsElk Grove and D.J. WilliamsDe La Salle (TIE)

Honorable mention:
  • Lawrence Brown – Grant Union
  • Jeremiah Pharms – Valley
  • Cameron Smith – Granite Bay
  • Worrell Williams – Grant Union

DB/S: Shaq ThompsonGrant Union

Honorable mention:
  • Nigel Burton – Jesuit
  • Antuan Simmons – Valley
  • C.J. Wallace – Grant Union

2-Way/Multi-positional/AP player: (TIE) Lance Briggs – Elk Grove, D.J. Williams – De La Salle, Shaq Thompson – Grant Union (TIE)

Honorable mention:
  • Willie Clark – Wheatland
  • Avery Cummings – Foothill
  • Austin Hooper – De La Salle
  • Derek Landri – De La Salle
  • Ryan Robards – Elk Grove
  • Donte Stallworth – Grant Union
  • Jonah Williams – Folsom

Last edited:
LBs
DJ Williams, 6-2, 235, ILB, (DeLaSalle class of 2000)
Lance Briggs, 6-1, 215, OLB (Elk Grove class of 1999)
Kevin Simon, 5-11, 235 OLB, (DeLaSalle, class of 2001)
Terrence Kelly, 6-1, 216, OLB (DeLaSalle, class of 2003)

Defense

Lineman

Linebackers

Defensive Backs

This is all based on HS production and/or success, the positions they played primarily while in HS, and how valuable they were to their teams. These are all players I saw play numerous times.

QB (Pocket Passer): Aaron GarciaGrant Union

Honorable mention
:
  • Jake Browning – Folsom
  • Chad Elliott – Grant Union, Nevada Union
  • Randy Fasani - Del Oro

QB (Dual-Threat): Dano GravesFolsom

Honorable mention:
  • Ryan Dimino – Del Campo
  • Tim Lang – Grant Union
  • Troy Martig – Bellarmine
  • Troy Taylor – Cordova

RB: Onterrio SmithGrant Union

Honorable mention:
  • Devontae Booker – Grant Union
  • Najee Harris – Antioch
  • Maurice Jones-Drew – De La Salle
  • James Kidd – Elk Grove
  • Daniyel Ngata – Folsom

WR: Donte StallworthGrant Union

Honorable mention:
  • Davante Adams – Palo Alto
  • Matt Barnes – Del Campo
  • Brian Brown – Yuba City
  • Austin Collie – Oak Ridge
  • Joe Ngata – Folsom

TE: Austin Hooper De La Salle

Honorable mention:
  • Devin Asiasi – De La Salle
  • Tony Cline – Davis SR.

DL: Derek Landri – De La Salle

Honorable mention:
  • Kevin Anderson – Palo Alto
  • Tedy Bruschi – Roseville
  • Jason Fisk – Davis SR.
  • Vei Moala – Grant Union
  • Clyde Sanders – Grant Union
  • Bill Sherman – Del Oro

LB: (TIE) Lance BriggsElk Grove and D.J. WilliamsDe La Salle (TIE)

Honorable mention:
  • Lawrence Brown – Grant Union
  • Jeremiah Pharms – Valley
  • Cameron Smith – Granite Bay
  • Worrell Williams – Grant Union

DB/S: Shaq ThompsonGrant Union

Honorable mention:
  • Nigel Burton – Jesuit
  • Antuan Simmons – Valley
  • C.J. Wallace – Grant Union

2-Way/Multi-positional/AP player: (TIE) Lance Briggs – Elk Grove, D.J. Williams – De La Salle, Shaq Thompson – Grant Union (TIE)

Honorable mention:
  • Willie Clark – Wheatland
  • Avery Cummings – Foothill
  • Austin Hooper – De La Salle
  • Derek Landri – De La Salle
  • Ryan Robards – Elk Grove
  • Donte Stallworth – Grant Union
  • Jonah Williams – Folsom
Two great list of NorCal high school football talent. You would think either Cal or Stanford would be closer to winning a national championship with all this NorCal talent. Shocked no one from the CCS has brought up Tom Brady (Serra) as their top QB. Once again, for those that make a list of their favorite players this is based on the players you've seen play during their high school career. Great stuff PB and TR. Thanks for mentioning some great players from the CCS.

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerD1Backer
Unless he changed it before I read these replies, the key to the post is the following:

Even then, there would be a lot of folks that would disagree that Gino Torretta has been known as the best anything or that Fasani (who I like a lot) was the better than say Troy Taylor, Aaron Garcia, Chad Elliott, Dano Graves, Jake Browning, Marshall Sperbeck, Tony Eason, or Ken O'Brien -- just to name a few.

If the criteria is what the player's accomplished in HS only -- the answers will differ versus judging on the entirety of their careers.
Tom Brady, NFL GOAT, not mentioned by anyone... and understand why, just the irony!

John Boyett senior was amazing. In the section championship game vs St. Mary's, they could not stop him. No matter how many times St Marys scored Boyett would come up with a way to score. not to mention hw was a shut down corner

QB Dano Graves was MaxPreps number one prep player nationally his senior year at Folsom

Reactions: awood1

Offense
QB John Boyett (Napa)
RB Marshawn Lynch (Oakland Tech)
HB D.J Williams (DLS)
SE Brandin Cooks (Lincoln, Stockton)
FL Davante Adams (Palo Alto)
TE Tyler Petite (Campolindo)
OL Boss Tagaloa (DLS)
OL Vei Moala (Grant)
OL Giovanni Sani (Central Catholic)
OL Payton Zdroik (Liberty, Brentwood)
OL Arik Armstead (Pleasant Grove)

Defense
CB Virdell Larkins (Oakland Tech)
CB Darvin McCauley (Grant)
FS Leki Nunn (Serra, San Mateo)
SS Deone Bucannon (Vanden)
LB Shaq Thompson (Grant)
DL Austin Hooper (DLS)
DL Kahlil McKenzie (DLS)
Leki Nunn?! Lol

Great thread and discussion. Here is my best (going off dominance at HS level) per position group. Mostly looking at 2005ish to present

QB Dano Graves Folsom (Offense wasn't considered special until he had the reigns. Huge impact on a state title team)

RB Najee Harris Antioch (Is on the short list of best players I've seen. Onterrio Smith also in consideration but a little before me)

WR Joe Ngata Folsom (still has some football left, but haven't seen the combination of size/strength/athleticism in NorCal. Only one close was Robert Woods from Serra Gardena)

TE Austin Hooper De La Salle (At his size and able to run past defenders downfield was a sight to see. Similar to Zach Ertz at Monte Vista but never got a great look at him)

OL Jonah Williams Folsom (freak physical tools and a real mean streak. One of those area greats we barely got a look at)

DL Vie Moala Grant (his state title game against Poly was one of the best individual games I've seen. Surprised it didn't click better at Cal, but he was a wrecking ball in the middle of the DL for the Pacers)

LB Tanner Vallejo Nevada Union (one of the more unassuming prep superstars I've seen. Just showed up, didn't make mistakes and ended with 15 tackles a week it seemed)

DB Adarius Pickett El Cerrito (part of a loaded defense for the Gauchos. Big, physical and could cover)

AP Shaq Thompson Grant (Best player I've seen and hard to put him in one position. Could have been at RB or DB and then transitioned to LB in NFL. Kind of sums him up)

Offense
QB John Boyett (Napa)
RB Marshawn Lynch (Oakland Tech)
HB D.J Williams (DLS)
SE Brandin Cooks (Lincoln, Stockton)
FL Davante Adams (Palo Alto)
TE Tyler Petite (Campolindo)
OL Boss Tagaloa (DLS)
OL Vei Moala (Grant)
OL Giovanni Sani (Central Catholic)
OL Payton Zdroik (Liberty, Brentwood)
OL Arik Armstead (Pleasant Grove)

Defense
CB Virdell Larkins (Oakland Tech)
CB Darvin McCauley (Grant)
FS Leki Nunn (Serra, San Mateo)
SS Deone Bucannon (Vanden)
LB Shaq Thompson (Grant)
DL Austin Hooper (DLS)
DL Kahlil McKenzie (DLS)
Zdroik?!?!?! That’s worse than putting Leki Nunn! I know it’s your list and a pretty cool thread you started. But come on man! Liberty doesn’t deserve anyone on this list. From their entire history of football. Only Butterfield would garner any consideration. Lol

Reactions: mlrei and Bubba3000
Zdroik?!?!?! That’s worse than putting Leki Nunn! I know it’s your list and a pretty cool thread you started. But come on man! Liberty doesn’t deserve anyone on this list. From their entire history of football. Only Butterfield would garner any consideration. Lol

I've never even heard of Zdroik? Did he play in college and if so, where and what offers did he get?

Great thread and discussion. Here is my best (going off dominance at HS level) per position group. Mostly looking at 2005ish to present

QB Dano Graves Folsom (Offense wasn't considered special until he had the reigns. Huge impact on a state title team)

RB Najee Harris Antioch (Is on the short list of best players I've seen. Onterrio Smith also in consideration but a little before me)

WR Joe Ngata Folsom (still has some football left, but haven't seen the combination of size/strength/athleticism in NorCal. Only one close was Robert Woods from Serra Gardena)

TE Austin Hooper De La Salle (At his size and able to run past defenders downfield was a sight to see. Similar to Zach Ertz at Monte Vista but never got a great look at him)

OL Jonah Williams Folsom (freak physical tools and a real mean streak. One of those area greats we barely got a look at)

DL Vie Moala Grant (his state title game against Poly was one of the best individual games I've seen. Surprised it didn't click better at Cal, but he was a wrecking ball in the middle of the DL for the Pacers)

LB Tanner Vallejo Nevada Union (one of the more unassuming prep superstars I've seen. Just showed up, didn't make mistakes and ended with 15 tackles a week it seemed)

DB Adarius Pickett El Cerrito (part of a loaded defense for the Gauchos. Big, physical and could cover)

AP Shaq Thompson Grant (Best player I've seen and hard to put him in one position. Could have been at RB or DB and then transitioned to LB in NFL. Kind of sums him up)

Good list streak. I'm a huge Austin Hooper fan since my son played a year of junior pee wee with him, he grew up around the corner from where I live and his dad coached my son. However, in my opinion he didn't become a dominant tight end until Stanford and I feel his best play at DLS was DL. In addition his high school career was cut a little short by missing a few games with a torn MCL.

In addition, I got to witness Dano Graves senior year at Cal Poly and even though he was running the triple option, pound for pound I'm not sure I've seen a more fierce competitor. At a buck 75 or whatever he weighed, that dude fought for and usually got every yard that was humanly possible,.

Reactions: observer22
Agree Hooper had a big impact at a DE but I think he had a big impact at TE down the stretch his senior year. I remember one play against Folsom at Sac State where he ran down the seam, shook off a defender and then ran away from the defense

Would love to hear thoughts on Ertz in HS.

Agree Hooper had a big impact at a DE but I think he had a big impact at TE down the stretch his senior year. I remember one play against Folsom at Sac State where he ran down the seam, shook off a defender and then ran away from the defense

Would love to hear thoughts on Ertz in HS.

I wasn't watching closely when Ertz played but you make a good point regarding Hooper. What stands out to me is the same Folsom game you mention Austin ate their young tackle alive getting several sacks that night.

He did. One of the better two-way games I've seen. Also went out the next week and did well against the Centennial lineman who went to Oregon I believe.

LB’s and QB’s stick out to me. Only going on who I saw in person and what they did as a prep player.

Plenty of dudes were great at the prep level but it never translated to the next level (a step to slow an inch to short etc) But they were still great high school players. Conversely theres the late bloomers. A guy like Brady, who I saw and was very good in HS. But by no means the best HS QB I ever saw, not even top 10 for HS level.

Lance Briggs EG
DJ Williams DLS
Kevin Simon DLS
Cameron Smith GB
Michael Clay BCP
Scott “Scooby” Wright CN

Dano Graves Folsom
Jake Browning Folsom
Jarod Goff MC
Kyle Wright MV
Dennis Dixon SL

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
LB’s and QB’s stick out to me. Only going on who I saw in person and what they did as a prep player.

Plenty of dudes were great at the prep level but it never translated to the next level (a step to slow an inch to short etc) But they were still great high school players. Conversely theres the late bloomers. A guy like Brady, who I saw and was very good in HS. But by no means the best HS QB I ever saw, not even top 10 for HS level.

Lance Briggs EG
DJ Williams DLS
Kevin Simon DLS
Cameron Smith GB
Michael Clay BCP
Scott “Scooby” Wright CN

Dano Graves Folsom
Jake Browning Folsom
Jarod Goff MC
Kyle Wright MV
Dennis Dixon SL

Nice to see Kyle Wright name back in the mix. I remember reading about him in the paper when my kid was playing youth football. There's a guy that didn't translate so well to the University of Miami.

Last edited:
Reactions: bella123
Nice to see Kyle Wright name back in the mix. I remember reading about him in the paper when my kid was playing youth football. There's a guy that didn't translate so well to the University of Miami.

No he didn’t. Keller’s (SRV) post HS career didn’t translate to well either, but he was also an elite HS QB. Their 02’ match up was legendary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT