ADVERTISEMENT

Your Nor-Cal All Star team by position.

Agree Hooper had a big impact at a DE but I think he had a big impact at TE down the stretch his senior year. I remember one play against Folsom at Sac State where he ran down the seam, shook off a defender and then ran away from the defense

Would love to hear thoughts on Ertz in HS.

Since mine were a 1back and a Y I paid attention.
In this order- the stats equaled their production (blocking counts.)
Ertz- 53 catches 13 TDS
Petite- 37/9
Hooper-11-3

Ertz was a man child at 6’6” in HS, although Petite was pretty big also. Zach had 6 catches with two scores Sr year vs deLa, a close 35-25 game . Ertz not on Thunderam’s list? C’mon.

I saw the Atkinson twins all four years. Great track speed. Frankly, avoided heavy contact.

Last edited:
Saw both of them play many times. I agree that Ertz dominated in HS much more than Hooper. It was clear he was destined to be a pro someday (and a heck of a hoopster as well), while Hooper was just another cog in the machine, although he was very good. Great to see both of them playing on Sundays, including Super Bowl Sunday!

Since mine were a 1back and a Y I paid attention.
In this order- the stats equaled their production (blocking counts.)
Ertz- 53 catches 13 TDS
Petite- 37/9
Hooper-11-3

Ertz was a man child at 6’6” in HS, although Petite was pretty big also. Zach had 6 catches with two scores Sr year vs deLa, a close 35-25 game . Ertz not on Thunderam’s list? C’mon.

I saw the Atkinson twins all four years. Great track speed. Frankly, avoided heavy contact.
I heard a lot about Ertz but I never witnessed him in a live high school game. I have witnessed Campo's Petite and DLS Hooper play in live games.

Zach Ertz Round 2 pick 35 (Eagles)
Austin Hooper Round 3 pick 81 (Falcons)
Both attended Stanford

Reactions: aztecpadre
Now how about by section - NCS, Sac-SJ, CCS, NS and SF and OAL? Which would field the best team?

I would consider Joseph Te’o as a RB from DLS. Great high school player. I think he went on to play rugby at Cal. I will always remember him in the 2010 state championship running through the rain and mud against Servite.

Now how about by section - NCS, Sac-SJ, CCS, NS and SF and OAL? Which would field the best team?

Good question: Looking at the past 10 years or so, I would go with the NCS in terms of high end talent, but would be intersting to break down.

I would consider Joseph Te’o as a RB from DLS. Great high school player. I think he went on to play rugby at Cal. I will always remember him in the 2010 state championship running through the rain and mud against Servite.

Te’o Played well, but Lucas Dunne rushed for 242 yards and 4 TDs in that game. Cal high played DLS much closer that year than Servite did in the Open.

Te’o Played well, but Lucas Dunne rushed for 242 yards and 4 TDs in that game. Cal high played DLS much closer that year than Servite did in the Open.
It was Dunne who went on to play for Jack Clark at Berkeley. Te’o played DII FB in Texas. He and another RB in that time frame were posted here as very rare transfers into Winton after frosh years.

Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT