ADVERTISEMENT

Your thoughts - playing from behind

En4cr

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2002
Do you think it is easier playing from behind early in the fourth quarter. The team winning usually tries to manage the clock to limit opponent possessions, which often leads to shots taken under pressure with the shot clock running out. Playing from behind, anything goes, more freedom to take risks, long threes, etc. Momentum coming down the stretch is a mother to overcome when trying to milk the clock.

Last edited:
Depends. I'm assuming we are talking about HS. Teams that really value the ball like DLS for example are nearly impossible to beat when you get down by 6 or 8 in the 4th. They just seem to make the plays. Some teams fall apart. Honestly I think if you were talking about cross country or track you have a better chance. A lot of runners like to trail.

I want to say I read somewhere in the NBA that the team going into the 4th qtr with a lead wins like 75%+ of the time. There is some statistical data out there at least in the pro's that can validate that figure. So if you are a betting man go with the team that is up into the 4th. Lets see how that works tonight with the warriors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT