ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Kline

Bubba3000

Hall of Famer
Dec 12, 2012
Former Butte College, Cal and San Ramon Valley quarterback Zach Kline signs with Indiana State. Also signing with Indiana State is another pro style QB Broc Rutter.

If you are thinking of Oregon State, he never officially transferred there. He went to Butte and now back to a four year.

That was a rare year in Nor Cal with 4 QBs in the same league going D1.
By Rating:
Kline SRV- 129- E11, EBAL First Team- Cal
Farley Cal High- 127- EBAL HM- D1 Baseball (Portland)
Houston DLS- 116- E11, EBAL Second Team- Wisconsin
Lockie MV- 106- EBAL MVP- Oregon

Lockie's patience puts him in the Heisman winner's shoes for the next two years. Houston has more punts (5) than passes (4) in three seasons and a new Head Coach coming in. Kline is on school #3. Farley's putting up RBI's for Portland.
The Cal SRV game that year was the Comcast Game of the Week and was a Slugfest.

2011 was the year of the QB in the EBAL indeed. That SRV-Cal game was a barnburner to be sure, with Kline going something like 18 for 21 throwing darts in leading SRV to their only win over Cal over the last 9 meetings. Farley had quite a nice game as well and SRV ended up winning the shootout 42-38 as the Grizz' last ditch drive ended up in Wolves territory.

Tedford raised some eyebrows in offering Kline prior to his junior year, and up until I saw him on fire in that game he had not looked that impressive. That game was his finest hour in HS ball. Kline went on to lead SRV to the mythical public school championship as NCS runner up that year to DLS. I wish him well at Indiana State.

Anytime a player is bouncing around there is reason for concern. When the going gets tough do you quit or do you stay and endure hardship and grow.

Sounds like another Nick Montana (Joe's son) to me. He's now at Tulane and got beat out by a freshman!

The montana's bounced around like a Yo Yo. What is he a 25 year old senior. I'm just saying sometimes (although rare) the recruiters get it wrong. BAHAHAHAHA…. There is one person that came out of Indiana State and he was Larry Legend. Why not just go to UC Davis? Basically same competition.

Tri-Valley- I'm going to keep this one civil because I like you but you can't be more wrong. Kline bled blue and gold and was a great teammate all the way through. At the end of last year, he was brought into the office and was told that Goff would be the starter the following year, Kline would in no uncertain terms not have the chance to win the job, and was told that transferring might be the best thing if he wanted to play college football.

Under those circumstances, what choice did this young man have? Trust me, he didn't want to leave. This is not close to the other situations we can bring up.

This post was edited on 12/18 7:07 PM by NCSF

Former Palma QB Fales - went to Nevada- behind Kap and decided to transfer. Went to Monterey Peninsula JC for couple years and was about to transfer to another school before joining San Jose State - broke most of the Spartan's QB records and now is a Chicago Bear after being picked in the 6th round. He has his degree and is on an NFL active roster.

NCSF....not privy to the situation but if that was true I would transfer too. I hope he gets a chance to shine at IU.

But agree that he could have stayed local. UC DAVIS is very superior to Indiana State when it comes to academics.

This post was edited on 12/18 9:27 PM by Trivalley

This post was edited on 12/18 9:28 PM by Trivalley

You make an excellent point. That said, the Davis HC was a Cal assistant so that should have been an easy one. Must be a reason.

When Kline showed up here at Butte College I asked around on his story and what I heard pretty much echo's what NCSF has said. It was kind of tough on a local kid who I thought was being groomed to take over the QB spot this year. It seems Kline was pretty much handed the keys to the bus from the get go. That's not a reflection on him just the cutthroat nature of college sports.

Wish him well. You gotta admit though CAL got it right with GOFF. I mean throw a defense out there and you have a decent team and a QB who puts up incredible #'s.

NCSF, Davis has an offer out to Kyle Kearns from Foothill. Do you think that has anything to do with why they haven't offered Kline? I have no idea about Kline's grades but Davis has some fairly high academic standards.

Kearns would be a steal for UC Davis. That would be a great school. Kline got into CAL so that doesn't seem to be an issue if you ask me. Maybe they don't want the baggage. Who knows.

it would be great if offers were easy and playing time wasn't a problem.
kiline (who is quite a character) shows that you have to do what you have to do to "play" and get offered.
on kearns: i heard this year even though there is a lot of talent at QB, there are not that many openings - he should jump on a davis offer.
vista del lago qb jimison was offered by sac st - didn't see that coming - sac st recruiting is kind of kooky these days.
lots of qb's right now with no offers.
has anyone heard of any other qb offers? - what about daniels from concord? or suszckiewicz from berkeley?

Reasons Kearns should attend Davis:

1) Davis is ranked in the top 50 of national tier schools, ahead of SMU by the way/.
2) He could win the starting job and have an opportunity to turn the DAVIS program around. He's better Leota form Logan who has accepted. Maybe he's another Ken O'Brien?
3) He stays local but will get the college town experience.
4) He will get to pad his stats vs. FCS schools and still get the opportunity to go up against FBS schools. This year Davis played Colorado State and Stanford.

Reasons not to go to DAVIS

1) Can't handle the academics
2) DAVIS not a fit

Has nothing to do with Kearns as Kline is far ahead. Re Kearns, Davis would be a good fit football-wise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT