ADVERTISEMENT

Ziaire Williams to Sierra Canyon

Love to hear the eligibility on that one. Regardless its looking more and more like SC will roll to another CIF Open Title.

Reactions: ayalar09
Its called we will sue the Cif and they have the lawyers to do it. Football transfers are even worst down there

Too bad for public schools in the LA area, they don't stand a chance. Especially in keeping top talent.
Idea: Private schools pay finders fee (say10k) per player to school district for players who enter High School after attending public school through 8th grade. Not only will the private have the burden of financial aid to the player, the school district can partially recover the lost federal $’s.

I don't have any issues going to a private school. I'm a product of that route and my parents were taxpayers plus had to pay private school tuition. Its getting more and more realistic to just have parochial and public leagues (playoffs) like back east.

Think about it... You would have SC,MD, Bishop Monty playing the likes of a Salesian, Mod Christian, DLS, type in the big private open.

In the Public Open you would have Centennial Corona, Fairfax, Westchester playing a Sheldon/Folsom/Weston Ranch.

Just an example so don't get panties in wad if I left off a team or 2.

I don't have any issues going to a private school. I'm a product of that route and my parents were taxpayers plus had to pay private school tuition. Its getting more and more realistic to just have parochial and public leagues (playoffs) like back east.

Think about it... You would have SC,MD, Bishop Monty playing the likes of a Salesian, Mod Christian, DLS, type in the big private open.

In the Public Open you would have Centennial Corona, Fairfax, Westchester playing a Sheldon/Folsom/Weston Ranch.

Just an example so don't get panties in wad if I left off a team or 2.

This is far beyond a public v private thing. SC is not a high school basketball team they should be in same category as IMG, montverde etc. Where is the pride and satisfaction in beating the crap out of regular high school teams.

Sierra Canyon's campus or from what you can see on Google Maps looks immaculate spaceship. You can argue it looks better than any of the UC or CSU schools! When your tuition rates are Pre-Kindergarten $14,400, Kindergarten - 6th, $27,500 7th - 8th, $30,400, and 9th-12th $ 36,250, you are going to have great programs top to bottom.

This has been rumored for months. Posted it back in May. I’d bet he ain’t the last one either.

The 35-0 2016 Chino Hills team was better than any Sierra Canyon team I'm seen. They will have 3 first round players off that team. And all public school kids. Even that SC team last year... Maybe 1 pro. Stanley? And I'm not sold on his game. Shit he turns 20 in August.... 20! He barely made cutoff for CIF. What the hell was he doing playing in HS.

SJS is letting mid season transfers happen so it’s not that hard in NorCal but Sierra Canyon has mastered the game it appears as they just added Brandon Boston Jr too

Last edited:
At some point the CIF has to classify schools like this as Sports Academies. SC appears to be recruiting in every sport.

Too bad for public schools in the LA area, they don't stand a chance. Especially in keeping top talent.
Idea: Private schools pay finders fee (say10k) per player to school district for players who enter High School after attending public school through 8th grade. Not only will the private have the burden of financial aid to the player, the school district can partially recover the lost federal $’s.
chino hills, fairfax and westchester have no problems

The 35-0 2016 Chino Hills team was better than any Sierra Canyon team I'm seen. They will have 3 first round players off that team. And all public school kids. Even that SC team last year... Maybe 1 pro. Stanley? And I'm not sold on his game. Shit he turns 20 in August.... 20! He barely made cutoff for CIF. What the hell was he doing playing in HS.
as much as people hate... Lavar Ball made some talented kids and was able to get some talent to come play there. nobody on here can say they even have 1 kid playing in the nba

Reactions: coachlittle
as much as people hate... Lavar Ball made some talented kids and was able to get some talent to come play there. nobody on here can say they even have 1 kid playing in the nba

Agree. I have no problem with Lavar. He's a little crazy and out there but at end of day I'm betting he's a good Dad to those kids. I've been a fan actually since Day 1. I think the little one (6"7 now) has huge upside and Lonzo in NO was a great move for him.

But as for this SC thing yeah its getting a little ridiculous. And how is that even fun or enjoyable? Its more embarrassing really.

Agree. I have no problem with Lavar. He's a little crazy and out there but at end of day I'm betting he's a good Dad to those kids. I've been a fan actually since Day 1. I think the little one (6"7 now) has huge upside and Lonzo in NO was a great move for him.

But as for this SC thing yeah its getting a little ridiculous. And how is that even fun or enjoyable? Its more embarrassing really.
Bailey
Wade
Williams
James
Boston
Frank
Yu- 7'2

Loaded Team

Prolific Prep has a better starting five.

But Sierra Canyon wins the depth battle.

Slow down. We haven't even released our roster yet....haha. Maybe some more surprises coming soon. But there is only one basketball. It is getting the "Right" guys in regards to Depth. We learned that the hard way in the past. Sierra Canyon will learn that this coming year and that roster will change by December 1st.

Teams are made by coaching and how they gel together. Super teams are only as good as their weakest link. We proved that last year in our game vs Super Team Spire (Lamelo Ball).

Not too many schools feature 3 top 50 seniors in the country....I’m excited to see a few games this season.

Slow down. We haven't even released our roster yet....haha. Maybe some more surprises coming soon. But there is only one basketball. It is getting the "Right" guys in regards to Depth. We learned that the hard way in the past. Sierra Canyon will learn that this coming year and that roster will change by December 1st.

Teams are made by coaching and how they gel together. Super teams are only as good as their weakest link. We proved that last year in our game vs Super Team Spire (Lamelo Ball).

If teams are made by coaching why don’t you guys come up and coach at Enica or rosemont in the Sacramento area. Since it’s all about the coaches and not the players they recruit.

Reactions: sachoopcoach
I don't know what you mean by your response. If those players want to be coached or trained, we have programs all summer open to all players of NorCal.

I was implying that its harder to coach a team of All-Stars than it seems on paper. That is all.

Bailey is only a sophomore but by god did he show out during the CIF title game. By 2022 the NBA Draft should be an option and I would be absolutely stunned if he wasn’t selected in the top 10.

Renard Trust me I’m aware of the rankings generally when I ask a question I know the answer just trying to see where they’re coming from. I was wondering who he thought were three top 50 seniors. If he would’ve said three top 150 then I wouldn’t even of asked

Last edited:
Reactions: Renard Monroe
Years ago, when basketball was on the rise their backers wanted all their sports to be successful. Basketball steals the thunder, but they have won state/sectional championship in a lot more sports. This place had money way before the nba kids came along. Things have really changed down there. A few years ago mater Dei would have gotten some of those kids. Bailey is from Chicago and plays for Mac Ervin fire in the summer. I’ve had the opportunity to spend time with Long Beach poly girls and westchester Boy’s back in the day. Their schedule was so loaded during the year, the state championship was a formality to them.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
Will be interesting to see in about 10-15 years if Stephen Curry and family still is rooted here in the Bay Area or if they move back to North Carolina. Dont know the athletic trajectory of the two eldest siblings but the son I will bet would be into basketball. Wonder if they are here what the top choice would be. My guess would be DLS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT