ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Sensley reopen recruitment

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
Well. I guess I was wrong.

Zion Sensley has officially reopened his recruitment per his IG.

Sorry Kiddman

Wonder how long before Mikey Lewis does the same

Will be interesting. If they lose Mikey they are in deep trouble with the new WCC beginning next year and adding Oregon St and Wash St.

Most players see the writing on the wall, and if you aren’t playing ACC, Big Ten or SEC basketball…….its like you might as well be playing for Point Loma or Sonoma St!

Good thing I decided two or three weeks ago not to get season tix this year.

Little confused on this one. St. Mary's hasn't changed much since he committed and signed. Biggest difference is Joyner leaving so was he the deciding factor?

Bennett will land a bunch of aussies and overseas guys and do just fine. He always does.

But none of those guys can make NIL yet in the states, so you’re never going to get the elite guys.

In this day and age if you don’t have a top 30 NIL program, it’s hard to even compete.

Little confused on this one. St. Mary's hasn't changed much since he committed and signed. Biggest difference is Joyner leaving so was he the deciding factor?

Yes, Zion said as much.

I know personally that Joyner called Zion a ton, probably 10x more than any other coach recruiting him.

Not just Zion, but he was also key in landing Mahaney, not Bennett.

St Mary’s losing Joyner was a huge loss, similar to when Gonzaga lost Lloyd

Reactions: Streak One
Will be interesting. If they lose Mikey they are in deep trouble with the new WCC beginning next year and adding Oregon St and Wash St.

Most players see the writing on the wall, and if you aren’t playing ACC, Big Ten or SEC basketball…….its like you might as well be playing for Point Loma or Sonoma St!
you left out the best 2 conferences.. big 12 and big east

NIL.. when he sees the amount of money he can make elsewhere and move momma out of public housing... you gotta make a business decision

But none of those guys can make NIL yet in the states, so you’re never going to get the elite guys.

In this day and age if you don’t have a top 30 NIL program, it’s hard to even compete.
that is not entirely true, they just have parameters they must follow.

'passive NIL engagements leverage the influence of the athlete without requiring any labor on the athlete’s end. The group licensing payments for the upcoming EA Sports NCAA Football video game can best illustrate this type of engagement.'

So, athletes on a student visa are restricted and cannot do labor for their NIL money like signing autographs or commercials. But there are ways around it. Zach Edey is Canadian and he had billboards up in Canada which he was compensated for.

Henderson, N. (2023, November 29). Nil confusion remains for international athletes. Sports Illustrated NIL on FanNation News, Analysis and More. https://www.si.com/fannation/name-i...sion-remains-for-international-athletes-noah9

NIL.. when he sees the amount of money he can make elsewhere and move momma out of public housing... you gotta make a business decision
I think we need to dispel the notion that the majority of these kids and their families are broke af, getting government assistance, or are struggling financially. Trying to get their money as fast as they can and as soon as they can is the only real truth here.

I think we need to dispel the notion that the majority of these kids and their families are broke af, getting government assistance, or are struggling financially. Trying to get their money as fast as they can and as soon as they can is the only real truth here.
Yeah, this isn't Reggie Williams Dunbar Baltimore stuff. Most of these kids have had far better resources than any of the players before them. (Gear, Travel, free school, coaching, Food, etc).

Greed is Good.
#Gordongekko

Reactions: ayalar09
i know i know... i was talking about my era where the fathers were in prison, the streets or dead. i am glad that has turned around. but in SF city all i see is tech bros so i dont even know where the families live or how they live.

Yes, Zion said as much.

I know personally that Joyner called Zion a ton, probably 10x more than any other coach recruiting him.

Not just Zion, but he was also key in landing Mahaney, not Bennett.

St Mary’s losing Joyner was a huge loss, similar to when Gonzaga lost Lloyd
Similar to when Kerr lost Brown...IJS

i know i know... i was talking about my era where the fathers were in prison, the streets or dead. i am glad that has turned around. but in SF city all i see is tech bros so i dont even know where the families live or how they live.

Zions family is top notch and are extremely supportive of him. His mom is one of the sweetest ladies in the World. They have done so much to make sure Zion was put in the best position to succeed in life.

It has nothing to do with financials. The guy who recruited him his high school career is the one he wanted to play for.

And I personally hope Bennett isn’t a jerk and lets Zion leave. Would really look bad for St Mary’s and future recruits if they don’t.

"a jerk and lets Zion leave"???

I would think it would be much more a jerk move to try and force him to stay... Gently try to talk him out of it, that I can see...

Zions family is top notch and are extremely supportive of him. His mom is one of the sweetest ladies in the World. They have done so much to make sure Zion was put in the best position to succeed in life.

It has nothing to do with financials. The guy who recruited him his high school career is the one he wanted to play for.

And I personally hope Bennett isn’t a jerk and lets Zion leave. Would really look bad for St Mary’s and future recruits if they don’t.
so he wasnt going to get any money? insane..

My point is his standing as a player hasn't really changed much since last summer. So the NIL/offers likely would have been there prior to signing with St. Mary's. A coaching change does play a role and maybe Michigan enters the picture if they weren't there before

My point is his standing as a player hasn't really changed much since last summer. So the NIL/offers likely would have been there prior to signing with St. Mary's. A coaching change does play a role and maybe Michigan enters the picture if they weren't there before
they only have 2 guards returning... he might be able to get a roster spot. michigan def better spot versus moraga.. minus the snow

they only have 2 guards returning... he might be able to get a roster spot. michigan def better spot versus moraga.. minus the snow
I would suggest these kids when they become responsible adults to not entertain ever getting married. If this is their behavior towards committing to something, good the hell luck to committing to a partner you are supposedly going to spend the rest of your life with.

I would suggest these kids when they become responsible adults to not entertain ever getting married. If this is their behavior towards committing to something, good the hell luck to committing to a partner you are supposedly going to spend the rest of your life with.
I think this doesn't track. What percentage of people ages 18-22 who get married stayed married? I would guess it is less than people who get married 23-27, 28-32, etc.

While I think some of these decisions are short sighted and looking for the next hit of attention, I think players should have this right to move for more money/different opportunity if they want. Coaches have done this for a long time

divorce rates are over 50% when you become as rich as a pro athlete it is pointless to be married.
to qoute rick ross, "B you wasnt with me shooting in the gym!"
you will only lose half, hell even the regular fella like us lose half our pension when she decides to leave. and we become weekend dads. love is love, you dont need the government involved. i have watched too many episodes of dateline, 48 hours, and who the bleep did i marry i guess lolllllllll

divorce rates are over 50% when you become as rich as a pro athlete it is pointless to be married.
to qoute rick ross, "B you wasnt with me shooting in the gym!"
you will only lose half, hell even the regular fella like us lose half our pension when she decides to leave. and we become weekend dads. love is love, you dont need the government involved. i have watched too many episodes of dateline, 48 hours, and who the bleep did i marry i guess lolllllllll
I forgot where I heard this, but the quote was "Better to rent than own". lol

Along with the joke about senior pro golfers... "Trade in one 50 for two 25's."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT