ADVERTISEMENT

10th annual Nor Cal Tip Off Classic Schedule- November 26

hoop review

Sports Fanatic
Jun 14, 2006
10th annual Nor Cal Tip Off Classic Schedule

Saturday November 26, 2016 at Newark Memorial High School

Game 1: 11:00 AM St. Patrick's (Vallejo) vs. Monte Vista (Danville)

Game 2: 12:30 PM Dublin vs. Las Lomas (Walnut Creek)

Game 3: 2:15 PM Berkeley vs. Christian Brothers (Sacramento)

Game 4: 3:45 PM Moreau Catholic (Hayward) vs. Immanuel (Reedley)

Game 5: 5:30 PM Capital Christian (Sacramento) vs. Bishop Alemany (Mission Hills)

Game 6: 7:00 PM Newark Memorial (Newark) vs. Woodcreek (Roseville)

Game 7: 8:30 PM Bishop O'Dowd (Oakland) vs. Bishop Montgomery (Torrance)

Bishop Montgomery is absolutely loaded. There team last year was almost all underclass. They should be pre-season #1 team in the state. Last year they were a top 10 ranked team in the nation and played Chino Hills to a 4 pt loss. (I think that was Chino's toughest game). In any event you want to watch a well coached team that gets after it go see Bishop play. One of the better coached teams around.

Reactions: NorCalScout
Bishop Montgomery has Ethan Thompson (top 50 in 2017), Jordan Schakel (top 150 in 2017, San Diego State commit), David Singleton (top 75ish in 2018)

Larry, I couldn't agree with you more and especially about Coach Mitchell. He does a fantastic job and get the most out of these kids. The only problem I see is that they lack elite height, I think Thompson & Schakel are both 6'6 and some programs in there area have kids that are 6'10 plus. They will blow Bishop O'Dowd out.

Thx scout. Yeah, I've watched a lot of hoops in my time and Mitchell gets elite players to all buy in and play hard 100% of the time. They always seem to have long kids that are in that 6"4-6"5 mold. I don't think having elite height will hurt them because they do so much to disrupt you but on a national state of course that changes.

Bishop Alemany always has good teams and they were young last year. I think everybody wants to see Jordan Brown play at woodcreek. If he doesn't get hurt he's an NBA 1st rounder.

On YouTube, I found a game from Sep. 12, the final of a SoCal fall tournament called the Massey Fall Hoops Classic... Mater Dei v. Bishop Montgomery. All eight teams in the tourney were strong teams that will likely do well in the SoCal playoffs.

Cool! Free basketball! Yay! I watched the whole game.

I have no idea whether teams were at full-strength or not, but I'd guess that some might have been busy with football, but it was still a solid game anyway.

I'll hold off for a couple days on results, cuz there may be other hoops nuts on here that might wanna watch the game "as live". For those that wanna, go to YouTube and search "Massey Hoops" or similar.

It looked like Mater Dei was at near or full strength but Montgomery was missing Jordan Schakel (top 100 player) SDSU commit. Definitely two of the premiere high schools programs in the state if not the country. Bishop Gorman was also in the tournament but Bishop Montgomery took them down in the semis.

Just went and looked at some Schakel video... Yeah, he's an important piece... Terrific all-round baller.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT