ADVERTISEMENT

2022-2023 Alumni Watch

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Going to try and keep a running thread of some of the standout performances from NorCal players in College Basketball this season. @kiddman32 already noted the excellent debut of Aidan Mahaney for St. Mary's.

Mike Mitchell (Mitty) had 14 points and eight assists in Pepperdine's win over Rice.

In San Diego State's win over Cal State Fullerton, Darrion Trammell (St. Ignatius) had 18 points and three steals and Keshad Johsnon (San Leandro) had four points and three rebounds.

San Francisco beat Texas Southern 90-77 behind 17 points, four rebounds and three assists from Tyrell Roberts (Woodcreek). Isaiah Hawthorne (Tracy) had 10 points and six rebounds in 17 minutes.

Jackie Luong (Washington HS - San Francisco) led the Sonoma State Seawolves with 12 points in a 81-59 loss to USD last night.

Reactions: Streak One
Sheldon
Xavion Brown 6/6 13 points for Appalachian state 4 dunks
Marcus Bagley ASU 13pt 4 reb
Josh Morgan USC 6pt 9reb 7 blocks
Very talented group right there. Hoping Bagley can stay healthy for once to see what he can do. Morgan is the type of kid who will keeps improving and might end up being in the NBA one day. Great rim protector.

Reactions: CoachDViks
On Saturday, Sacramento State beat UC San Diego 65-55 behind 19 points and five rebounds from Zach Chappell (Capital Christian). Austin Patterson (Sonora) had 10 points in the first win for new head coach David Patrick.

Chance McMillan (Bethel) had 13 points off the bench in Grand Canyon's loss to Nevada.

Andre Kelly (Lincoln-Stockton) is now at UC Santa Barbara and posted 16 points and 15 rebounds in the Gauchos' 61-54 win over Fresno State.

Robby Beasley III (Dougherty Valley) had nine points off the bench for UC Davis in an 85-75 loss to Loyola Marymount.

Mike Mitchell (Mitty) had 23 points and five assists in Pepperdine's 91-62 win over Alabama State.

Reactions: mrbig864
Robert Vaihola (Riordan) had a double double 14 points/10 rebounds in only 16 minutes in San Jose State's win over Bethesda Saturday night. Rob transferred from Fresno St to San Jose St. this season.

Flipping through channels last night aimlessly and found myself tuned into Hawaii vs Eastern Washington for some strange reason. Saw this incredibly long lanky 7' running around and realized it was Mor Sek. It was garbage time so I don't think he played much. He didn't look overly impressive so it doesn't look the PP experience transformed him (cheap shot I know but sometimes I can't help myself....).

Flipping through channels last night aimlessly and found myself tuned into Hawaii vs Eastern Washington for some strange reason. Saw this incredibly long lanky 7' running around and realized it was Mor Sek. It was garbage time so I don't think he played much. He didn't look overly impressive so it doesn't look the PP experience transformed him (cheap shot I know but sometimes I can't help myself....).
Crusader Alum, Rob Jones, is on the UH coaching staff after assistant coaching stints at St. Mary's and UC Riverside. Will be interesting to see Seck's development.

or maybe he just isnt all that good. it happens even to public school kids, although riordan clearly isnt that far from the pp as you would think. sek didnt exactly grow up in hunters point

or maybe he just isnt all that good. it happens even to public school kids, although riordan clearly isnt that far from the pp as you would think. sek didnt exactly grow up in hunters point
No. He's from Senegal, Africa, far from home. Bright kid who speaks 3 languages and wants to provide a better life for him and his family. He has a D1 scholarship in paradise, nothing wrong with that. But go ahead and make yourself feel better by throwing shade at this well liked bright young man.

Reactions: WM483 and MC415
No. He's from Senegal, Africa, far from home. Bright kid who speaks 3 languages and wants to provide a better life for him and his family. He has a D1 scholarship in paradise, nothing wrong with that.
i never once said there was. i have said many a times exactly what you said. the message there was he aint from the city and ended up at riordan. no different that kids ending up at pp that didnt grow up in napa.

Reactions: jordan24
No. He's from Senegal, Africa, far from home. Bright kid who speaks 3 languages and wants to provide a better life for him and his family. He has a D1 scholarship in paradise, nothing wrong with that. But go ahead and make yourself feel better by throwing shade at this well liked bright young man.
Good deal. I never thought much of him as some big prospect. Sounds like he has priorities right.

In Somona State's loss to Academy of Arts, Austin Fadal (Monte Vista) had 18 points and five rebounds. Jaylen Wells (Folsom) had 15 points and six rebounds.

UC Riverside's Zyon Pullin (College Park) had eight points and six rebounds in a loss to Top 10 ranked Creighton.

Dale Currie (Sheldon) had 15 points, four assists and three steals in Holy Names' 81-68 win over Chico State. Joshua Hamilton (Central Catholic) had 20 points, seven rebounds and six assists for the Wildcats.

Zyon Pullin (College Park) had 27 points in UC Riverside's 72-65 win over Weber State.

Tyrell Roberts (Woodcreek) had 11 points and Isaiah Hawthorne (Tracy) had 7 points in San Francisco's win over Northern Iowa.

In a loss over the weekend to UC Irvine, New Mexico State's Anthony Roy (Dublin) had 20 points and five rebounds.

Reactions: SF_Mikey
Joey Calcaterra looking good on UConn. When Bill Rafftery calls you Joey California after a corner 3…you’ve made it.

Do they give out a 6th man of the year award in NCAAB?

If so Calcaterra might be the front runner!

Aidan Mahaney got his first start the other day against Missouri State. Played 34 minutes.

After a quiet first half where I think maybe he took just one shot and didn’t score and St. Mary’s was up by just 3 at the half, Aidan cranked things up, scoring 13…. He stripped their ballhandler at halfcourt twice, leading to a pair of dunks…. And the Gaels ended up winning by 20. 🙂

Reactions: stevenallen13
... and Aidan takes the WCC Freshman Of The Week award... 3rd time in five weeks.

This after his 20 points (and 6 clutch free throws down the stretch) led St. Mary's to a 68-61 over Sandy Eggo State, in a game I listened to in the parking lot at Gridley.

Souley Boum (Oakland Tech) is now at Xavier and has been an impact addition. He has started every game and is averaging 16 points, four assists and four rebounds with 18 steals in 14 games.

Reactions: observer22
Souley Boum (Oakland Tech) is now at Xavier and has been an impact addition. He has started every game and is averaging 16 points, four assists and four rebounds with 18 steals in 14 games.
Damn these kids most be 24 years old and on phd degrees.

Damn these kids most be 24 years old and on phd degrees.
23 years old. had to sit out a season per ncaa transfer rules. earned his degree and is in the masters program. AT LEAST HE STUCK WITH IT AND DIDNT COME ON BACK TO THE BAY WITHOUT THAT DIPLOMA LIKE MOST

Reactions: MC415
S
23 years old. had to sit out a season per ncaa transfer rules. earned his degree and is in the masters program. AT LEAST HE STUCK WITH IT AND DIDNT COME ON BACK TO THE BAY WITHOUT THAT DIPLOMA LIKE MOST
good deal. Nice player and happy to hear he took care of biz

St. Mary's Gaels, led by Aidan Mahaney's 25 points, beat Loyola Marymount 76-62.

Yeah, yeah, I sound like a broken record... But it sure plays a nice tune!
@kiddman32 , I love this kid. I got to be honest I was curious how he would translate initially to the next level. I watched the game last night and it’s incredible how comfortable this kid is. Not saying he’s on anybody nba radar (yet) but this kid will make a lot of money overseas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT