ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Jaylen Thompson adds an offer from Stanford

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
St. Joseph sophomore Jaylen Thompson started to gain more attention outside of the region following a strong performance at the Pangos event this fall.

He was offered by Stanford on Friday and should be one of the top players in the East Bay this season.

Thompson played with Team Arsenal this summer.

Reactions: ayalar09
Certainly agree about DLS and Campo, but not so sure bout the Pilots. They have Thompson, who was certainly solid as a frosh last year, but I believe almost all the other major pieces are gone.

Incidentally, I drove up to Columbia College today and watched Pilot grad Adam Campos play for DVC. The Vikings won easily over a not-so-hot Lemoore team by the score of 83-47, and Adam played a decent amount of minutes... Dunno how much he'll play in tougher games.

DVC will get a sterner test Sunday at 6 against Columbia, and that game will be available on NorCalSports TV. That's how I'll have to watch it; family obligations. Columbia has a lot of length and bounce... Couple jumping jacks around 6' 9" and others not much smaller... Scary.

Looks to me that DVC will have a good chance to turn last year's 9-16 debacle around, maybe win 15-18 games despite somewhat below-average size for JC ball...

Anyone remember Isaih Hood? Big star at little Bentley in 2018, went to Prairie View A&M last year and played sparingly, but of course got to practice vs. D1 players all year (and it showed today). He was tremendous for the Vikings today, seemingly just about always doing the right thing, but his time was slightly limited by fouls (and the fact they were winning a laugher). Too bad I don't have a box score to remind me, but it seems he scored close to 20 in that somewhat limited floor time

I have an idea he's very capable of scoring 30+ just about any ol' game it's needed.

Reactions: larry legend33
I had some first hand experience against this guy back when he was at Bentley! Dude was extremely strong and athletic. Had a pit bull mentality with the ball for sure. Hope it works out for him now that he's back...
Anyone remember Isaih Hood?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT