ADVERTISEMENT

2024 SJS Schedules

Not much travel on west park schedule
Makes sense. New high school. It's smart for them to establish some regional rivalries in their local non-league games. Better gates for home games, too. Playing a mid-tier team from the Bay Area won't get them much media coverage in the Bay or Sac. But playing an SFL team (Whitney) and a close geographic rival (Woodcreek) may get a blurb in the Sac Bee.

Makes sense. New high school. It's smart for them to establish some regional rivalries in their local non-league games. Better gates for home games, too. Playing a mid-tier team from the Bay Area won't get them much media coverage in the Bay or Sac. But playing an SFL team (Whitney) and a close geographic rival (Woodcreek) may get a blurb in the Sac Bee.

Totally agree. They're beginning their 4th season as a program, 3rd with Seniors. They've been a D4 team. No need to rush the process.

Whitney, Roseville and Woodcreek are no-brainer matchups for them. And good competition considering.

Glad to see them completing a Home-and-Home with Casa Roble. Interesting new league schedule, too. They definitely have some challenging games on the slate. Which is the entire point, not accumulating travel miles. You only seek to do that when you can't find challenges in your own backyard.

Totally agree. They're beginning their 4th season as a program, 3rd with Seniors. They've been a D4 team. No need to rush the process.

Whitney, Roseville and Woodcreek are no-brainer matchups for them. And good competition considering.

Glad to see them completing a Home-and-Home with Casa Roble. Interesting new league schedule, too. They definitely have some challenging games on the slate. Which is the entire point, not accumulating travel miles. You only seek to do that when you can't find challenges in your own backyard.
Was just making a little joke, i didn’t say anything about their strength of schedule or anything…..relax no need to get hyper sensitive and defensive when not a damn thing was said about their schedule strength

According to a Very Reliable Cen10 poster on the National Board, Grant is Traveling to So Cal to Play Cen10 in week 3….

Reactions: aztecpadre
According to a Very Reliable Cen10 poster on the National Board, Grant is Traveling to So Cal to Play Cen10 in week 3….

I thought the Pacers schedule was already set a while back? Perhaps one of their matchups fell through?? Hopefully not the DLS game.

Anyway, if this report is true, then of course it’s GHS traveling to Cen10 without a return trip. That’s the only way that game can happen.

If I were GHS I’d tell Cen10 to kick rocks. There are plenty of other challenges down South that will at least return the travel favor. Try any of the Trinity League programs for starters. Even LBP was willing to make the trip to DPH back in 2011.

Last edited:
I thought the Pacers schedule was already set a while back? Perhaps one of their matchups fell through?? Hopefully not the DLS game.

Anyway, if this report is true, then of course it’s GHS traveling to Cen10 without a return trip. That’s the only way that game can happen.

If I were GHS I’d tell Cen10 to kick rocks. There are plenty of other challenges down South that will at least return the travel favor. Try any of the Trinity League programs for starters. Even LBP was willing to make the trip to DPH back in 2011.
What’s weird is Grants Schedule that was posted on their Twitter account is now gone…. So something must have fell through….

If True, Kudos to Grant, a legendary Nor Cal program scheduling one of So Cal’s Big 3!….

Once again the Turlock coach has scheduled a tough non-conference schedule to toughen the team against a level of football not found in the conference. This last season they went 0-5 and then blasted through the conference and the first section playoff game with lop-sided wins (except for Downey). All the levels, Varsity, JV, and freshman, were undefeated in league. This year Tracy is substituted for Clayton Valley but the others are the same: Rocklin, Central - Fresno, Folsom, and Clovis West. Not as tough as some of the schedules for teams in good leagues who also schedule top non-conference games but Turlock is also not on the level of these teams either, as is evident when they get to the second round of playoffs. The players are quoted as saying that they want to play these tough teams even though the scores are not always close as it prepares them for the league. As it stands, the CCAL league was not changed in this latest section re-alignment, I believe the only league that wasn't. For most of the other sports this is okay but in the last six seasons Turlock has only lost 3 varsity conference football games.

SF and DO should be a great game, even if just for the history of both teams.

Where do you all find these schedules? I cannot seem to yet locate Folsom’s schedule for this year.

Where do you all find these schedules? I cannot seem to yet locate Folsom’s schedule for this year.
And to add to the intrigue, DO HC Josh Parry has a brother Neil Parry who is an assistant coach for SF. I obviously found DO’s schedule on their Twitter page.

Some schools have their schedules posted on Maxpreps already (which is where I found the schedule for Turlock). Go to the rankings for the '23 season and find the team. Go to their schedule; click on the box that has their historical season records and if they have posted a '24 season it will be listed. I would imagine that schools that have established home-and-away contracts for out of conference games will know what their schedules are right now, although with all the conference realignments those schedules might not be set.

Some schools have their schedules posted on Maxpreps already (which is where I found the schedule for Turlock). Go to the rankings for the '23 season and find the team. Go to their schedule; click on the box that has their historical season records and if they have posted a '24 season it will be listed. I would imagine that schools that have established home-and-away contracts for out of conference games will know what their schedules are right now, although with all the conference realignments those schedules might not be set.
Thank you for your help! I have tried looking in that area but last time I checked it wasn’t posted. I think Folsom tends to be late posting their schedules, but I will try again.

Looks like Oak Ridge is heading to TN to play their best team

Off the top of my head, I can’t name a single historic HS program from Tennessee. IIRC Murfreesboro has a program that’s been the dominant one there for sometime now, but beyond that I got nothing.

I know of the perennial powers from Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Jersey, and even the Carolinas. But Tennessee? Not so much.

I’m curious what the connection to Oak Ridge is, other than the fact that there’s a city in Tennessee with the same name.

Off the top of my head, I can’t name a single historic HS program from Tennessee. IIRC Murfreesboro has a program that’s been the dominant one there for sometime now, but beyond that I got nothing.

I know of the perennial powers from Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Jersey, and even the Carolinas. But Tennessee? Not so much.

I’m curious what the connection to Oak Ridge is, other than the fact that there’s a city in Tennessee with the same name.
McCallie is the school they are playing.Calpreps TN #1.Rated almost the same as Folsom last year

McCallie is the school they are playing.Calpreps TN #1.Rated almost the same as Folsom last year

Well, that’s the Casey Taylor thing to do. He always challenged his teams while at Del Oro. Played Gorman, DLS, Punahou, and multiple respected Southern Section programs.

Still curious the connection to a team from Tennessee versus all the other options out East.

FWIW, I just looked it up and it is Oakland-Murfreesboro whom I was referring. They’ve been the one of preeminent programs in the State for the past 10 years. Looks like McCallie is too.

Do you know if OR is traveling to them or vice versa? Perhaps a home and home??

Well, that’s the Casey Taylor thing to do. He always challenged his teams while at Del Oro. Played Gorman, DLS, Punahou, and multiple respected Southern Section programs.

Still curious the connection to a team from Tennessee versus all the other options out East.

FWIW, I just looked it up and it is Oakland-Murfreesboro whom I was referring. They’ve been the one of preeminent programs in the State for the past 10 years. Looks like McCallie is too.

Do you know if OR is traveling to them or vice versa? Perhaps a home and home??
OR traveling to TN don’t know if it’s a two year deal

I would guess good flights (and nightlife for tag-along parents/fans) into Nashville, maybe a UT game, and SEC scouts close by. Just guessing.

I would guess good flights (and nightlife for tag-along parents/fans) into Nashville, maybe a UT game, and SEC scouts close by. Just guessing.

Name another CA program that’s traveled to TN, during an era where OOS games became en vogue. That’s kinda my point. There’s gotta be some other connection.

Reactions: MTsince2004
Name another CA program that’s traveled to TN, during an era where OOS games became en vogue. That’s kinda my point. There’s gotta be some other connection.
In 2019 that same TN school played Stellar Prep in TN…... Steller Prep was supposed to play them again in TN in 2021 but the game was forfeited by Steller Prep….

Reactions: ThunderRam
I agree. Feels like there would be a connection to a former player/coach who is now at that school.

Reactions: ThunderRam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT