ADVERTISEMENT

64th Annual Crusader Classic @ Archbishop Riordan This Week

With the number of transfers over the years, it’s often taken time for the team to come together vs a team that has played together for 2-3 years and more if they’ve played together at the grammar/middle school level.

Yeah Riordan will def be better when Kaia Berridge is back from injury and Nes Emeneke is cleared to play.

Last night Rencher really struggled. He was missing layups, missing free throws, wasn’t rebounding much. I saw a 6’1 University player continue to drive to the rim at ease on him without much of a challenge.

Riordan better be ready because they will be playing some really good teams at Gridley.

They play like they did last night, and they won’t have much luck beating most of those teams.
Didn’t you say Riordan would run the table on the entire season?

Didn’t you say Riordan would run the table on the entire season?

I thought teams would have a tough time with them. Haven’t been around for a year and things have changed.

I should have given other teams more credit.

def still possible for Riordan to prove themselves

Yeah, Riordan is (well, will be) loaded. Right now, though, they look lost, sorta like my St. Mary's Gaels.

Reactions: ayalar09
Even more Impressive win by university considering they are coming off one of best teams in school history last year and lost a bunch of there studs to graduation.
Salesian at the hs level around here has kids with total buy in. They play relentless d and are coached by one of best. Yes they have talent but not like Riordan.

Even more Impressive win by university considering they are coming off one of best teams in school history last year and lost a bunch of there studs to graduation.
Salesian at the hs level around here has kids with total buy in. They play relentless d and are coached by one of best. Yes they have talent but not like Riordan.
Is more like Riordan has the heights. Take the starting 5 from Salesian are just as talented as the starting 5 from Riordan. How I do know that, because they all play for same AAU teams and we have all seen their production. This forum should know that.

Agree both Salesian's and Riordan's starting 5 are tops in NorCal. Riordan will have very good depth once everyone is healthy and eligible. I was looking forward to seeing Riordan play Salesian in last year's NorCal final, but obviously that did not happen. I recall the last time these 2 teams met was at the Gridley 2 years ago and Riordan won convincingly. Salesian, Branson, DLS and Riordan should finish as the final 4 by the end of the season. Modesto Christian, Mitty and SRV will also be in the hunt.

Last edited:
Agree both Salesian's and Riordan's starting 5 are tops in NorCal. Riordan will have very good depth once everyone is healthy and eligible. I was looking forward to seeing Riordan play Salesian in last year's NorCal final, but obviously that did not happen. I recall the last time these 2 teams met was at the Gridley 2 years ago and Riordan won convincingly. Salesian, Branson, DLS and Riordan should finish as the final 4 by the end of the season. Modesto Christian, Mitty and SRV will also be in the hunt.
Actually they played each other last June at sections 7 and Salesian won convincingly by 15 or more points.

View: https://youtu.be/_D-UwQ7WzNo?si=_1aExCyOl377-NsB

Off season, yes. If all plays out, we could see them in the Gridley Final this weekend.

Yeah, Riordan is (well, will be) loaded. Right now, though, they look lost, sorta like my St. Mary's Gaels.
Riordan has a top 47 recruit going to SMC, but they do not look like the Gaels,…btw, If you think the Gaels are lost? Where have you been for the last generation of consistent Post Season play???

I wouldn’t get lost in the board drama of running the table. State Championship is Riordan’s Goal

IMHO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT