ADVERTISEMENT

CC debut

Yes, I watched... Caitlin picked up two very early fouls, both questionable, especially the 2nd... No idea what the ref saw.

She came back in late in the 1st had a hard time getting open. Finally hit a couple shots late in the half, starting to get a little more comfortable, I think ending up with 8 points at the half.

Fell asleep defensively a couple times, turned the ball over too much... She nailed a few bombs late to get her 20 points.

She's playing against women who are not seriously outclassed by her for the first time EVER, but I think she'll adjust and be a star.

The team definitely needs some more firepower around her.

20 points in your debut, with all that pressure, is pretty good.

She's a long way from being one of the best players in the league, but she's clearly going to be good. It's tough to play against grown women who've been playing year-round for 10 years and have something to prove.

The over-the-top hype has gone way too far. She was great in college vs. teens. Clay is correct. The pros are a different beast. Frankly, she looks frail out there now.

sorta off-topic... but anyone see the colors and nickname of the expansion WNBA team that starts up at Chase next season?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/what-is-a-valkyrie-bay-area-wnba-team-s-new-name-sparks-google-search-spike/ar-BB1moqyC?ocid=BingNewsSerp#fullscreen

I'm hoping they get lucky and grab UConn's Paige Bueckers. Paige is the one who got my interest wayyyy up in girls/womens hoop. This started when she was a high-school sophomore in Minnesota as I watched her taking her Hopkins team deep into the playoffs, thanks to NFHS and YouTube. Hopkins went undefeated her junior and senior seasons.

Last edited:
They will not get Bueckers. The four teams that wind up in the lottery will not give up their shot at the first pick. Look for the V's to pick fifth.

The Valkyries will take wing in 2026 when almost all the WNBA stars will be free agents. Joe Lacob will be able to buy some very good players. (The draft is not the way to build WNBA teams.)

Juju can't enter the draft next year. The WNBA only allows graduates or 22-year-olds top be drafted.

The V's will practice at the old Warriors' facility in Oakland, which they don't use any more. They practice at Chase.

Actually she should stay in school an extra year if
She can and make that NIL money…
NIL money is the real bank not this cheap
WNBA salary

would have been helpful to somehow include the lady warrior thing in the logo. how many knew what a valkyrie was

Who DOESN'T know what a Valkyrie is???

So far as Bueckers, ClayK's point on draft position was what I thought, but on last night's Fever telecast, they said the spot the V's would get was undetermined as yet.

20 points in your debut, with all that pressure, is pretty good.

She's a long way from being one of the best players in the league, but she's clearly going to be good. It's tough to play against grown women who've been playing year-round for 10 years and have something to prove.
Do you put much stock in a tough rookie transition with the quick turnaround form college season to start of WNBA?

The owners will negotiate with the very rich Joe Lacob over the expansion rules. It's almost nimpossible to imagine that the existing owners will give Lacob any advantage in the upcoming draft when they know he's poised to spend all that he can on free agents in 2026.

And historically, expansion teams in any sport have never, or maybe once, gotten the first overall pick.

I hear ya, ClayK... All I'm saying is that nothing regarding their first pick is etched in stone as of yet.

That short turnaround from college to the WNBA has to be a factor... Either in the ultra-quick adjustment, or at the end of the season, when it's almost like they've played one long season, rather than two... Not quite, but sorta...

No question the turnaround is an issue. But most WNBA players play overseas during the winter, so it's a year-round job for all but the superstars with big shoe contracts. Still, the vets are used to it ...

Juju can't enter the draft next year. The WNBA only allows graduates or 22-year-olds top be drafted.

The V's will practice at the old Warriors' facility in Oakland, which they don't use any more. They practice at Chase.
Im sure this rule will change in the near future. I was the same thing in the NWSL until Olivia Moultourie went to court and had the rule changed. while the women don't make a ton of money, it would certainly could change the landscape when it happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT