ADVERTISEMENT

AAU TEAMS COMBINED

RespectBBGame

Sports Fanatic
Mar 16, 2015
Who would know that Kelly and Tom would even be on the same team. The Mavericks are now Cal Stars. St. Mary's need the more then the MM since the was cut from Stockton Mustang. The Mustang kids are now going to McClatchy in Sac. Tom have said he didn't need an AAU teem to coach. His assistants and parents coach them. But now Tom will be coaching for Cal Stars. But the question who coaches the top team or will they have the Stockton Cal Stars like the Oregon Cal Stars? Sounds like it might get difficult because who does the SMS players play for???????

Who would know that Kelly and Tom would even be on the same team. The Mavericks are now Cal Stars. St. Mary's need the more then the MM since the was cut from Stockton Mustang. The Mustang kids are now going to McClatchy in Sac. Tom have said he didn't need an AAU teem to coach. His assistants and parents coach them. But now Tom will be coaching for Cal Stars. But the question who coaches the top team or will they have the Stockton Cal Stars like the Oregon Cal Stars? Sounds like it might get difficult because who does the SMS players play for???????

Interesting point? I think what it will boil down to is just more of the areas best players staying in Northern California under the Cal Stars brand. Instead of opting to go out of the area to play for other teams. That will most likely produce enough talented players that Cal Stars top two or three teams would all be capable of winning the Nike National Gold Championship. It may even pull more of the areas best coaches over to Cal Stars to help coach the powerhouse players.

It seems to me that coaching the Cal Stars top team will be a good recruiting tool for Tom at SMS.

He can now tell the top level kids if they come play for him at SMS he will put them on the Cal Stars top team.

Makes complete sense to me.

Interesting point? I think what it will boil down to is just more of the areas best players staying in Northern California under the Cal Stars brand. Instead of opting to go out of the area to play for other teams. That will most likely produce enough talented players that Cal Stars top two or three teams would all be capable of winning the Nike National Gold Championship. It may even pull more of the areas best coaches over to Cal Stars to help coach the powerhouse players.

I honestly don't see a lot of the top coaches going over to Cal Stars. Most will do their own thing.

And lets be perfectly honest here....Cal Stars is NOT the most liked club in Nor Cal...I think most coaches would rather try to beat them, than to join them.

I honestly don't see a lot of the top coaches going over to Cal Stars. Most will do their own thing.

And lets be perfectly honest here....Cal Stars is NOT the most liked club in Nor Cal...I think most coaches would rather try to beat them, than to join them.

It's typical to dislike one of the best. But I think being that they appear to be the largest Norcal club more are liking Cal Stars than any other AAU club. But I agree most of the better coaches will do there own thing. But there will be a few like Tom who see the success Cal Stars has had, and continues to have, and may join in on the instant success. As opposed to the time it takes to build it. I guess time will tell better than any of our speculation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT