ADVERTISEMENT

Acalanes Game Replaced

Aca was going to go up to play Galena in Reno this weekend, but that game was canceled due to the Davis Fire. Galena's been shut down all week, and their team has had no practice.

They will play at Del Oro instead.
interesting matchup. in a normal year del oro should win easy but they are pretty raggedy right now but on the other hand acalanes hasn’t played anyone they literally played mount fookin Diablo last week so who knows how the game will go

Aca was going to go up to play Galena in Reno this weekend, but that game was canceled due to the Davis Fire. Galena's been shut down all week, and their team has had no practice.

Was Del Oro only scheduled to play 9-games, or did they switch opponents this week too?

They already had a BYE on 8/30, so I figured they already had someone scheduled for this week.

What gives?

Was Del Oro only scheduled to play 9-games, or did they switch opponents this week too?

They already had a BYE on 8/30, so I figured they already had someone scheduled for this week.

What gives?
Cal Preps had them playing Birmingham this week instead of Acalanes, but seems like an odd game for Del Oro to have on its schedule to begin with

Reactions: ThunderRam

What gives?
they need all the bye weeks they can get right now. there new coaching staff is a mess and ain't it.

if i was them i would take a couple more byes to reset things before league play.

they need all the bye weeks they can get right now. there new coaching staff is a mess and ain't it.

if i was them i would take a couple more byes to reset things before league play.
How many byes do you have room for. Take as many byes before league, well then hell they should have played no non league per your comment

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
In my opinion del Oro couldn’t afford not to have a game tonight. Correct me if I’m wrong but all playoff teams need a minimum of 4 wins. They sure as heck aren’t winning 4 league games. This makes tonight’s game a must win if they want to make the post season.

In my opinion del Oro couldn’t afford not to have a game tonight. Correct me if I’m wrong but all playoff teams need a minimum of 4 wins. They sure as heck aren’t winning 4 league games. This makes tonight’s game a must win if they want to make the post season.
i would consider them the favorite against whitney, davis, jesuit those should be wins easily and the oak ridge and granite bay games should be toss ups once del oro has it all put together. they can easily win 4 in league.

i would consider them the favorite against whitney, davis, jesuit those should be wins easily and the oak ridge and granite bay games should be toss ups once del oro has it all put together. they can easily win 4 in league.
we will see. Davis is obviously a no brainer. But I’m not ready to give DO any easy wins other than Davis. Time will tell!

4 wins for DO, Whitney, Davis, and Oak Ridge this year aren't coming easy. I don't see Whitney or Davis cracking that number and I'm not sure DO does either. Acalanes is a solid "Mid Major" who is coming off a great season and has a lot of momentum. I could see DO going 0-4 and wheels falling off. OR has a bye this week and is 0-3 going into the DO game next week. How does a potential 0-4 vs 0-3 OR game sound for you to open up SFL play? OR doesn't have a QB right now. OR should beat DO but who knows. Will OR win 4 games?
They will have to beat DO, GB, Davis, and Whitney. I don't see them beating Folsom, Rocklin, or Jesuit. I don't know.... Right now I have GB better than OR.

Reactions: The Heat Miser

CalPreps' project-a-matchup has Acalanes a comfortable favorite, so Del Oro may be hosed after all.

That's where my son graduated which is off of the Mt Rose highway and they have had fire issues in the past. Hopefully, it doesn't get too close to Montreux Country Club homes.

Galena has never been a great football school (average in their league at best). Different story with Lacrosse where they have competed for state championships, but otherwise more Academic focus. Great STEM program.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT