ADVERTISEMENT

Amaya Oliver back

basketba11

Sports Fanatic
Feb 17, 2017
I know everyone is talking about the big game last night between CLET and Pinewood. But Amaya Oliver came back last night to St Mary's team and scored 14 points in her return. They avenged their 20 point loss in the West Coast Jamboree championship and beat Heritage 59-45 last night. Hopefully with their schedule, they can slowly get her back playing with limited minutes for now. Once they get to playoffs, watch out. Their team just got significantly better. Now they just need Nicole Young to come back and they can be contender for the Open just like every other year in it's existence.

Reactions: Paytc
I know everyone is talking about the big game last night between CLET and Pinewood. But Amaya Oliver came back last night to St Mary's team and scored 14 points in her return. They avenged their 20 point loss in the West Coast Jamboree championship and beat Heritage 59-45 last night. Hopefully with their schedule, they can slowly get her back playing with limited minutes for now. Once they get to playoffs, watch out. Their team just got significantly better. Now they just need Nicole Young to come back and they can be contender for the Open just like every other year in it's existence.

That return was a factor that most who understand impact players and the importance of experience and being able to matchup has always taken into account. I have no information on Nicole's health. Not sure Nicole is gonna make it back but I am one who will be rooting for her to. SMS extending their consecutive run in the Open tournament depends on them winning games like the one they did last night. Them getting healthy and into the Open is another thing I will be pulling for. Congratulations SMS !

I have heard that she is out for the season with knee issues, but I cannot confirm this to be the case. St Mary's will be interesting to follow the rest of this season. They have some very difficult games left- LJCD, Etiwanda, SJM, BOD and Salesian! If they lose a few of these games, but then still win the D1 Section, I would say they have to go Open. If SMS, McClatchy or Folsom wins the SJS D1, I would say the winner must be selected into Open even if they take a loss or two with their remaining games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT