ADVERTISEMENT

ANALY TO REBUILD

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
Analy came off the 2015 season with a 6-0 league record and a 13-1 season wrapup and their only loss was to Campolindo at DVC in a 38-28 route...The Tigers ran thru the Sonoma County league with one sided victories. For the 2016 season, the Tigers will have to rebuild off a JV team that went 8-2 as Analy took a big hit in graduation....
The preseason schedule has three tough games right at the start against Maria Carrillo, Rancho Cotate and Cardinal Newman...All three teams have what looks like solid lines and down the road against CN, the tigers get to face Jordan Brookshire in his senior year.
Guys, how about filling in the holes on Analy, there has to be a few guys that will make a difference for the 2016 season..

8-26.....Maria Carrillo Home 7:30 P.M.
9-02.....Ranch Cotate Home 7:30 P.M.
9-09.....Cardinal Newman Away &7:30 P.M.
9-16.....Acalanes.............Home 7:30 P.M.
9-23.....Petaluma Away 7:30 P.M.
9-30.....Bye
10-07,,,,,Sonoma Valley Home 7 P.M.
10-15.....Piner Sat. Away 11 A.M.
10-21.....Healdsburg Home 7 P.M.
10-28.....El Molino Away 7 P.M.
11-04.....Elsie Allen Home 7 P.M.

Reactions: Bubba3000
They did lose a lot of talent, but not sure they have to completely rebuild. The lines are the question mark to me. Skill guys (Zamora, Simmons and Newman 4000 yards, 50+ TD's return) so they will be alright.

SCL was not was not very good last year, although Petaluma would argue that Analy ran away with the league. Actually Petaluma to me is the huge question mark. Was last year an abberation or has Krist turned the program back around.

Pre season I think Analy beats Carrillo and Rancho, but I'd look for Newman to be the favorite in their match up.

They did lose a lot of talent, but not sure they have to completely rebuild. The lines are the question mark to me. Skill guys (Zamora, Simmons and Newman 4000 yards, 50+ TD's return) so they will be alright.

SCL was not was not very good last year, although Petaluma would argue that Analy ran away with the league. Actually Petaluma to me is the huge question mark. Was last year an abberation or has Krist turned the program back around.

Pre season I think Analy beats Carrillo and Rancho, but I'd look for Newman to be the favorite in their match up.
BELLA123.....With the three guys you mentioned, plus a fairly good JV team moving up, any rebuild may be minor.....

BELLA123.....With the three guys you mentioned, plus a fairly good JV team moving up, any rebuild may be minor.....

No you are right and Bourdon is a very underated coach who has built a very nice and consistent program.

Newman has to be the favorite this year in the redwood empire... 11-3 in 2015 with Brookshire, Wallace, and stud LB Kahauelio coming back. (BTW, any update on Wallace?) JV and Frosh class very athletic. I'm definitely going to that St Mary's, Stockton game. Last year 1 pt loss was heart breaking and St Mary's is expected to be one of the stronger D1 teams in Norcal this year.

Newman has to be the favorite this year in the redwood empire... 11-3 in 2015 with Brookshire, Wallace, and stud LB Kahauelio coming back. (BTW, any update on Wallace?) JV and Frosh class very athletic. I'm definitely going to that St Mary's, Stockton game. Last year 1 pt loss was heart breaking and St Mary's is expected to be one of the stronger D1 teams in Norcal this year.
I know that being padded up and having contact is a huge difference but Sutter did beat St Marys twice this past weekend at the UC Davis 7 0n 7 tourney. In fact they were St Marys only 2 losses. The second loss knocked them out of the tourney. Consumnous Oaks went on to win it and Sutter finished 3rd out of 18 squads. Just a little all be it a "little" insight on St Marys. They were very athletic though.

with OPEN ENROLLMENT in Sonoma County the good programs dont need to rebuild...just reload.

Analy will be very good again this year. I agree they will be favored vs MC and RC and slight underdog to CN.

And don't forget that Petaluma actually had Analy beat last year until a blown call on a Hail Mary on the last play of the game cost Pet. the SCL championship. But at least for me I have Analy as the early favorite in the SCL, at least until someone proves otherwise.

I am personally looking very forward to the Analy/CN game...should be a good one!!

I talked to Brookshire dad and he said Wallace is running and cutting at full strength and looks 100%.
In spring ball he looked like the old Damian Wallace running passing drills. CN expecting him at full strength for the season.

Word out of CN has Kahaulelio playing the "mike" linebacker this year. And doubling up at (possibly) the center on offense. At least there has been some initial discussion about him playing center (on J. Brookshire's request).

CN preseason has them playing Fortuna, Analy and SMS.

Reactions: bella123
Great news about Wallace. Such a terrific player. How big is Kahaulelio now? I can only imagine the upside on him. St Mary's Stockton will be one of the better teams period in Norcal this year so that is going to be a great test for Newman. But don't rest on Analy like you state guru.

And don't forget that Petaluma actually had Analy beat last year until a blown call on a Hail Mary on the last play of the game cost Pet. the SCL championship.

That seams to be a huge leap of faith? Score was tied 36-36 before Analy converted, so can't really say how P town had them beat and it cost them then the title. If play failed it would would have gone to OT and anyone could say Analy would have won as a fact just the same?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT